Strength and Conditioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strength and Conditioning

Sorry if this has been previously posted anywhere, but I want to hear any opinions on why we have been decimated at the running back position. Personally, I have to believe that it is preparation in terms of strength and conditioning coaches, but who knows. Laws of probability do not include an army of running backs going down like this in a single season. Also, these guys are playing two or three games before getting hurt and not like they are playing ten games in a season and wearing down or anything. Please discuss.

I don't know anyone think we can sign terrell davis for one more game:salute!: haha

Comment

I think its a problem.
      They should do yoga.

Me with Jay Cutler.

Me with Marlon McCree and my brother.

5-1 at Broncos games (5-0 at home).

Comment

Unless this is something that becomes an annual problem, I have to just chalk it up to bad luck. At the NFL level, there isn't really a huge gap between S&C programs on different teams. I can't imagine what they could possibly be doing that would result in everyone getting hurt.

Comment

I agree that they could be in better shape, especially as far as flexibility is concerned. I have studied kung fu fr several years and I can tell you we never have hamstring tears. If you can rest with your head on your knees and your legs straight out, getting bent over is not going to hurt you. That is why kung fu places such importance on flexibility. Same goes for groin injuries. If you can watch t.v. in the splits, you aren't going to tear your groin without serious effort. But hey, what do I know?

Anyone want to vote for me to be a member of the strength and conditioning staff for the Broncos?
          Last edited by armchair scout; 12-22-2008, 03:40 PM.
          vote HILLIS in 2009!

Comment

When your team is pulling that many muscles by just running down the field, you better be looking at strength and conditioning. And arm chair scout- I 100% agree with you.

Me with Jay Cutler.

Comment

To be honest, if conditioning was the main cause, we would see a spat of injuries across the roster, not just in the backfield.

I wondered if having tweeners like Young, Hall and the like is the main cause since 200 pounder can't take a beating like a 250 pounder, but we have some bigger boys (Torain, Hillis) on IR as well.

I think we have been tremendously unlucky at the RB position.

On the other hand, Mike should have a solid group of RBs make the roster for next season from this group. All have shown good potential...although I think Hall and Young have probably played their way off the roster.

2009 backfield
              Hillis (FB/RB)
              Torain
              Pope
              Bell
              Larsen (FB/LB)
              Pittman / draft pick-FA

Comment

Like I've said before. It's a huge problem and has been for years.

Shanahan takes a lax approach to his training camp and it's showing in our injuries. Something needs to happen cause these guys are falling apart BAD!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...h+Conditioning

Comment

all positions do different things, the running backs are obviously NOT conditioned for their job. Champ pulled his groin running down the field- thats NOT supposed to happen.

Me with Jay Cutler.

Comment

Champ is in his 30's, in the NFL it is not uncommon for old men to hurt themselves simply by playing.

Comment

To a certain extent maybe, but on the whole it's just been an improbable streak of bad luck:

Alridge - Lisfranc (foot) injury, not a whole lot could've been done about that.

Pittman - Neck; again, not much strength and conditioning could've done about it. He just took a few too many shots to the head. May have been prevented by sitting out a game or two, but hard to say.

Hall - wrist and ankle, not muscular injuries.

Torain - ACL. Enough said about that one.

Hillis - Torn hammy on his catch - he took a bad tumble, it was a pretty freak injury.

PJ Pope - Hamstring, didn't injure it obviously, so maybe down to S&C.

Young - Groin injury was part of a rash of them, so that could well be down to S&C. His final injury (neck disk) is definitely not.
                      sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

its a valid point and it is not only isolated to this season. I know Rb's take a beating, I expect people to get injured, but this is crazy. I don't know what to do, but frankly, do something, do anything if it improves the injury situation
                        Signature for rent.

Comment

"In my experience, there is no such thing as luck."- Obi Wan Kenobi
                          vote HILLIS in 2009!

Comment

Originally posted by #56 Al'sPal View Post
                            Sorry if this has been previously posted anywhere, but I want to hear any opinions on why we have been decimated at the running back position. Personally, I have to believe that it is preparation in terms of strength and conditioning coaches, but who knows. Laws of probability do not include an army of running backs going down like this in a single season. Also, these guys are playing two or three games before getting hurt and not like they are playing ten games in a season and wearing down or anything. Please discuss.

Sure, that's the natural culprit to look at. But we've had the same strength and conditioning coach and trainer for... how long?

Personally, I just blame bad luck. ...Or voodoo.

Remember the way in which we beat the Chargers early in the season? Well, I see this as retribution.

I mean, really - what other explanation could there be?

sigpic
                            They're your teammates, now.
                            Best of luck, TT!
                            ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Weak compared to the rest of the league

Our players are soft and get hurt way to much every year. Champ was in great shape before he came here, now his hurt evry season. It just dosen't make sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X