Contrary to Popular Belief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contrary to Popular Belief

DRE Bly has been playing Top notch Football this year. You guys just dont know what your talking about. If anything Our Safties and Lb's+ D-line suck bad..
    -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Ive defended Bly this year.Hes made a couple huge plays this year.Hes just losing half a step at this point.Its like the ball is always a centimeter away from his fingertips.If he was just a tad bit quicker he could have really made some plays to help us win a few more games.We could deffinately do a lot worse at cb.

Now is he worth the loot hes making,thats a different story.Loading up the cb position was not the best strategy in building a defense.Lots of draft picks and trades wasted on corner.Now we have no pass rush and bad safeties.

Comment

The thing that people dont Realize is Foxworths gone to another team and looks more solid for them than us. I wonder why?
      -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

I was a hater too, i will admit it when i was wrong. He clearly has stepped it up a notch in Bailey's abscence. Lets hope he keeps playing at the level for 4-5 more games this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
          DRE Bly has been playing Top notch Football this year. You guys just dont know what your talking about. If anything Our Safties and Lb's+ D-line suck bad..

Agreed, if it weren't for Bly we probably would have lost the ATL and NYJ game. He made big plays when they were needed. And sure he gets beat now and then, who doesn't. Corner is a hard job to play... I play it, its a risk or reward job.

Comment

Originally posted by CodyRoark View Post
            Agreed, if it weren't for Bly we probably would have lost the ATL and NYJ game. He made big plays when they were needed. And sure he gets beat now and then, who doesn't. Corner is a hard job to play... I play it, its a risk or reward job.
            Especially with no saftey or De help.
            -Bronco in UT

Helll of a post

Comment

Dre does almost everything right at the start but it's just the steps he takes in the finish is what kills. He could have had a pick 6 from one endzone to the other last week if he didn't double step and try and jump in front of the receiver.. It's just the little things that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by jayslovechild
                That guy gives like 15 yards of cushion when the other team needs about 2-4 yards for a first! I mean how dumb of a player are you to think that strategy would work? In fact he is so mentally incapable of figuring it out that here it is so late in the season and the loser still does it and still gets burned for first downs left and right.

Wait......are you talking about our CBs or San Diego's because you just outlined Slowik's scheme.
                As far as Bly's play:
                He's played as good as he always has. He's a very good NB but constantly needs help to cover the corner.

Comment

Bly has been having a pretty great season given the circumstances.

I mean he's made his key mistakes, or missed tackles but that's the story of our defense as a whole.

the thing is, Bly has come up big for us a lot this year and made some key stops or even snagged some key turnovers.
                  sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

The thing that people dont Realize is Foxworths gone to another team and looks more solid for them than us. I wonder why?
                    Pass Rush and Scheme. ATL isnt afraid to bump and run, or allow their Corners to take risks with safety help. I think Denver runs one of the top 3 worst defensive schemes in the NFL... its pathetic on all three levels of the defense.

Comment

He only has one interception this year

Comment

In the games i have seen Bly has played very good football. I am willing to bet if both him and Champ had help over the top we would see a different secondary, that is if Slowick would know how to use them. Having said that i cannot imagine a defensive coordinator who wouldn't know how to use a good to great safties to his advantage. But then i am no football Guru just love watching the Bronco's play.

As for the guys who keep saying Champ is on the decline, I also just don't see that. I don't remember which game it was but Champ was on the opposite side oif the field and it looked like a run play to his side. But the play went to the other side of the filed, and i watched Champ redirect himself and chase down the player after several of our guys missed him or were blocked out of the play. Champ had to run upfield and across the field of play to make the tackle saving a for sure touchdown. The speed i saw him play at right there told me he still has it.
                        People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X