Jay Cutler is 17-20!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northern Lights View Post
    Duh don't you watch ESPN? Vince Young doesn't need fancy stats, he just wins games
    LOL! I think you meant "lose" there. Vince Young loses games by himself. :salute!:
    sigpic

Comment

I've only posed some questions. Allowing you all to discuss it. Of course all the problems with the Broncos aren't Jay's. However, he is part of the team and has to take on some of the responsibility which he doesn't do. But he throws alot out there.

By the way, I'm not young of the new generation. Again, I thought I could get some intelligent discussion back and forth with some support for pros and cons. I won't make it personal .
      Emancipate your mind!
      The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator View Post
        I've only posed some questions. Allowing you all to discuss it. Of course all the problems with the Broncos aren't Jay's. However, he is part of the team and has to take on some of the responsibility which he doesn't do. But he throws alot out there.

By the way, I'm not young of the new generation. Again, I thought I could get some intelligent discussion back and forth with some support for pros and cons. I won't make it personal .
        Where do you get that information from?

I watch every press conference after the game, and if there was a mistake Jay made, he would man up and say that "hey man, I missed that safety, I over/under threw that guy, etc."

Jay is not perfect, and he has way too much responsibility to even keep the team in the ball game.

Comment

jay is one player on a 22 player team, the wins column is not all in his control. when will people realize that? we have one of the worst defenses ive ever seen on a football field, yet people blame losses on him STILL? are you guys serious?
          sig pic removed by mod staff.
          we do not allow site advertising.

Comment

jay cutler is becoming a great qb, if it werent for his interceptions he would be an elite qb. Those interceptions are a big problem though, im sure he will work on it and im not going to bash him. If it werent for cutler we might be down on the lions level.

Comment

As soon as Cutler drops a bit of the un-needed attitude, and starts taking his job a little more seriously i'll feel better about it. Right now you guys can say what you want, but i'm still not impressed... Too much attitude for the dumb plays i've seen him do. I'm sure the fact that he's a starting QB on an NFL team is an instant ego boost, but i've seen other qb's handle it a lot better than he does.

I did a post a year ago, and I stand by the statement of him not being our lead QB by 2011 here. I hope i'm wrong and he comes into his own like you all think he will...

As to the OP, I understand what you're saying, but he is young and we have definately lost some in the hands of our defense. Oh the other hand I just don't see him getting that much better or that much more consistant.

Comment

Originally posted by KeystoneBronco View Post
                As soon as Cutler drops a bit of the un-needed attitude, and starts taking his job a little more seriously i'll feel better about it. Right now you guys can say what you want, but i'm still not impressed... Too much attitude for the dumb plays i've seen him do. I'm sure the fact that he's a starting QB on an NFL team is an instant ego boost, but i've seen other qb's handle it a lot better than he does.

I did a post a year ago, and I stand by the statement of him not being our lead QB by 2011 here. I hope i'm wrong and he comes into his own like you all think he will...

As to the OP, I understand what you're saying, but he is young and we have definately lost some in the hands of our defense. Oh the other hand I just don't see him getting that much better or that much more consistant.

Are you for real? I'm not bashing just saying. All my football buddies love Cutler and they are Giant/Jet fans and are pretty into the NFL in general. Yeah, they see "rookie" mistakes bu that comes w/ every QB. IDK, where do you get your information from? lol j/k

Comment

i dont blame jay for how bad the defense is. but i do blame jay for his horrible decisions he makes on the field. his inablity to read coverages. his inablity to simply throw the ball away. everything i just stated is true. he should ave thrown 30-35 int this year and only 9 more tds. ive said this 100 times to this point jay is jeff george part 2

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                    and peyton manning has 167 in 176 games brady has 86 in 110

*** is your point

as to the OP this is such a dumb idea . . . what "winner QB" do you believe could continue "winning" with no defense or ST help and 8 RBs

honestly answer that question
                    If its any consolation Rivers only has 36 ints in 52 games with 48 starts with 78 Tds.
                    15 time AFC West Champions:

1960, 1961, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1992, 1994, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and all but assured of our 16th in 2010 and 17th in 2011.

The AFC West belongs to the Bolts & Rivers until further notice.

Through 62 career starts, Rivers' 93.5 passer rating, 2.2-to-1 touchdown-to-interception ratio, and 44-18 win-loss record are better than the 62-start marks of Manning, Brett Favre and Joe Montana.
                    :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
                      I think 37 interceptions in 37 career games speaks for itself a little bit.

Cutler still has work to do.
                      That's not saying a whole lot....

Brett Favre has played 273 games and has 310 interceptions.

Not to mention....he did make the Pro-Bowl this year.
                      sigpic

Comment

Jay Cutler is a very good quarterback...I am impressed with him...

However, the defense couldn't stop a toddler walking through the mall

The Broncos have always have some sort of decent defense when Elway played...this D is horrible!
                        I Love Orange Crush!

Comment

When Jay starts missing tackles ,dropping int's, getting burnt everyplay etc.. i'll blame him for us bein 8-8 with the worst Denver Def. i've seen in my 23years watchin them.

Comment

How many drops did our WRs and TEs record this season? Way too many. Our defensive scheme focuses on "let the opposition score as quickly as possible" and we have a rookie place kicker who can't even make extra points. We were down to our 8th string running back, as the first 7 guys were on injured reserve. And yet somehow, we led the division most of the year, finished 8-8, and were in the hunt for the playoffs until the last game of the year. The only constant performers were Cutler and the O-line; every other player on the Broncos (with maybe a few exceptions) needs to take a long look in the mirror this offseason. To blame Jay or say he's not cutting it as the QB would just be foolish.

Comment

Jay is 17-20. Yes, this is a losing record. When he was at Vandy, he had a losing record. Therefore, I can't say Jay is a proven winner.

Jay will put up some awesome stats. He will make Pro Bowls. Can he win the important games? Can he learn to control his emotions on the field so it won't affect his play negatively?

I'll be the first to say he has the best arm in the NFL. He is an intelligent athlete. He can make most any throw needed to play in the NFL. He has the skills. He may be overconfident in his ability to make all throws that have led to several boneheaded plays.

Will he earn the title "winner"? That's the franchise question for the Denver Broncos organization.

We need to give him a running game for him to be successful. Any QB would be on the losing side with an 8 different starting RBs...

Comment

Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
                                We need to give him a running game for him to be successful. Any QB would be on the losing side with an 8 different starting RBs...
                                you had a great running game last night, then shanahan abandoned it
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X