No announcement yet.

Jay Cutler is 17-20!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on, E. I know what you're implying.

Here's the reality of the TEAM record. The Broncos defense in Jay's first two full seasons as a starter have been the worst in franchise history. That's not an OPINION, that's a statistical fact.

In addition, the running game barely averaged 100 yards a game (116).

Meanwhile, the passing game for the Broncos was the third ranked in the league.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Lights View Post
      Duh don't you watch ESPN? Vince Young doesn't need fancy stats, he just wins games
      Vince Young isn't a winner, he's a quitter

Comment

Well, you can't blame the 17-20 record ENTIRELY on Cutler. Clearly this team has defficiencies and he can't control every aspect of the game.

But as I've stated before, when it's all said and done quarterbacks are judged almost entirely on how many games they won and how many of those games were playoff and Super Bowl victories. Is it a fair system? Not really. But as the game continues to get skewed more and more towards the offense and passing in particular (how many QBs threw for 4,000 yards this season?), stats alone will never tell the whole story. But quarterbacks make a name for themselves in the post-season, and until Cutler manages that type of success with this team, he'll be known as a 17-20 quarterback.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
          Come on, E. I know what you're implying.

Here's the reality of the TEAM record. The Broncos defense in Jay's first two full seasons as a starter have been the worst in franchise history. That's not an OPINION, that's a statistical fact.

In addition, the running game barely averaged 100 yards a game (116).

Meanwhile, the passing game for the Broncos was the third ranked in the league.

Hello Mtnman, good to chat with you. I know if I put a valid question out there you'd take it on.

Why is it when a favorite QB of ours have a poor W-L record we say it is the TEAM record, but if he has a good W-L we love to talk about the "QBs win"?

I don't know what it is. As much as I like Jay Cutler as our QB, I continue to see alot of little small things that irks me about him. Like showing up his WRs, having extreme emotions on the field, maybe his cocky attitude that isn't backed up with TEAM wins. I just don't see his teammates "playing for him during games". You can see some of the worse teams in the NFL and you truly see the players playing for the QB.

Again, he has the arm, the footwork, the intelligence, but he may lack a couple intangibles that just aren't taught.

Also, most of you are dead right, our defense has been horrible and needs to be overhauled. Really pathetic at times. Doesn't seem like Mike is going to make any changes at the Defensive coaches positions.
          Emancipate your mind!
          The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator View Post
            I've only posed some questions. Allowing you all to discuss it. Of course all the problems with the Broncos aren't Jay's. However, he is part of the team and has to take on some of the responsibility which he doesn't do. But he throws alot out there.

By the way, I'm not young of the new generation. Again, I thought I could get some intelligent discussion back and forth with some support for pros and cons. I won't make it personal .
            Probably not even worth the time to type it here E. Our defense is so awful that everyone has turned a blind eye to Cutlers mistakes. Almost like they didn't happen at all.

The overthrown balls? Our defense can't stop anyone. The crucial interceptions in the redzone? Our defense played a bad game. Jay gets frustrated in the huddle? It's our defenses fault.

It amazes me that all the self proclaimed "realists" (Keep on keepin' on guys)
            refuse to admit Jay needs to control his emotions, and throw the darn ball away (We know, you have a strong arm) now and again, when a FG is a viable option.

Comment

Shouldn't this thread be titled "The Broncos Defense is 17-20. P.S. Cutler was doing pretty well on offense during that time."
              2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

[QUOTE=Emancipator;2522353]Jay is 17-20. Yes, this is a losing record. When he was at Vandy, he had a losing record. Therefore, I can't say Jay is a proven winner.

Sorry fellow fan, Jay is not 17-20, the Broncos are 17-20. I promise you, with all the talent they have, you are going to enjoy the next several year.........a whole lot. I think the world of Shanny, but he has been to nice to all these young millionaires who are paid absurd salaries to play football. Give me Cowher!!!! He's "crack the whip" and get this talent we have winning again. Mark my words.

Comment

Working...
                X