Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lcbabj
    replied
    [QUOTE=Emancipator;2522353]Jay is 17-20. Yes, this is a losing record. When he was at Vandy, he had a losing record. Therefore, I can't say Jay is a proven winner.

Sorry fellow fan, Jay is not 17-20, the Broncos are 17-20. I promise you, with all the talent they have, you are going to enjoy the next several year.........a whole lot. I think the world of Shanny, but he has been to nice to all these young millionaires who are paid absurd salaries to play football. Give me Cowher!!!! He's "crack the whip" and get this talent we have winning again. Mark my words.

Leave a comment:

• BroncsSB#3
    replied
    Shouldn't this thread be titled "The Broncos Defense is 17-20. P.S. Cutler was doing pretty well on offense during that time."

Leave a comment:

• cadencesdad
    replied
    Originally posted by Emancipator View Post
    I've only posed some questions. Allowing you all to discuss it. Of course all the problems with the Broncos aren't Jay's. However, he is part of the team and has to take on some of the responsibility which he doesn't do. But he throws alot out there.

By the way, I'm not young of the new generation. Again, I thought I could get some intelligent discussion back and forth with some support for pros and cons. I won't make it personal .
    Probably not even worth the time to type it here E. Our defense is so awful that everyone has turned a blind eye to Cutlers mistakes. Almost like they didn't happen at all.

The overthrown balls? Our defense can't stop anyone. The crucial interceptions in the redzone? Our defense played a bad game. Jay gets frustrated in the huddle? It's our defenses fault.

It amazes me that all the self proclaimed "realists" (Keep on keepin' on guys)
    refuse to admit Jay needs to control his emotions, and throw the darn ball away (We know, you have a strong arm) now and again, when a FG is a viable option.

Leave a comment:

• Emancipator
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
    Come on, E. I know what you're implying.

Here's the reality of the TEAM record. The Broncos defense in Jay's first two full seasons as a starter have been the worst in franchise history. That's not an OPINION, that's a statistical fact.

In addition, the running game barely averaged 100 yards a game (116).

Meanwhile, the passing game for the Broncos was the third ranked in the league.

Hello Mtnman, good to chat with you. I know if I put a valid question out there you'd take it on.

Why is it when a favorite QB of ours have a poor W-L record we say it is the TEAM record, but if he has a good W-L we love to talk about the "QBs win"?

I don't know what it is. As much as I like Jay Cutler as our QB, I continue to see alot of little small things that irks me about him. Like showing up his WRs, having extreme emotions on the field, maybe his cocky attitude that isn't backed up with TEAM wins. I just don't see his teammates "playing for him during games". You can see some of the worse teams in the NFL and you truly see the players playing for the QB.

Again, he has the arm, the footwork, the intelligence, but he may lack a couple intangibles that just aren't taught.

Also, most of you are dead right, our defense has been horrible and needs to be overhauled. Really pathetic at times. Doesn't seem like Mike is going to make any changes at the Defensive coaches positions.

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    Well, you can't blame the 17-20 record ENTIRELY on Cutler. Clearly this team has defficiencies and he can't control every aspect of the game.

But as I've stated before, when it's all said and done quarterbacks are judged almost entirely on how many games they won and how many of those games were playoff and Super Bowl victories. Is it a fair system? Not really. But as the game continues to get skewed more and more towards the offense and passing in particular (how many QBs threw for 4,000 yards this season?), stats alone will never tell the whole story. But quarterbacks make a name for themselves in the post-season, and until Cutler manages that type of success with this team, he'll be known as a 17-20 quarterback.

Leave a comment:

• ORANGENBLUE78
    replied
    Originally posted by Northern Lights View Post
    Duh don't you watch ESPN? Vince Young doesn't need fancy stats, he just wins games
    Vince Young isn't a winner, he's a quitter

Leave a comment:

• broncos_mtnman
    replied
    Come on, E. I know what you're implying.

Here's the reality of the TEAM record. The Broncos defense in Jay's first two full seasons as a starter have been the worst in franchise history. That's not an OPINION, that's a statistical fact.

In addition, the running game barely averaged 100 yards a game (116).

Meanwhile, the passing game for the Broncos was the third ranked in the league.

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
    We need to give him a running game for him to be successful. Any QB would be on the losing side with an 8 different starting RBs...
    you had a great running game last night, then shanahan abandoned it

Leave a comment:

• berlownacyo7s
    replied
    Originally posted by Emancipator View Post
    Jay is 17-20. Yes, this is a losing record. When he was at Vandy, he had a losing record. Therefore, I can't say Jay is a proven winner.

Jay will put up some awesome stats. He will make Pro Bowls. Can he win the important games? Can he learn to control his emotions on the field so it won't affect his play negatively?

I'll be the first to say he has the best arm in the NFL. He is an intelligent athlete. He can make most any throw needed to play in the NFL. He has the skills. He may be overconfident in his ability to make all throws that have led to several boneheaded plays.

Will he earn the title "winner"? That's the franchise question for the Denver Broncos organization.

We need to give him a running game for him to be successful. Any QB would be on the losing side with an 8 different starting RBs...

Leave a comment:

• MileHighInNY
    replied
    How many drops did our WRs and TEs record this season? Way too many. Our defensive scheme focuses on "let the opposition score as quickly as possible" and we have a rookie place kicker who can't even make extra points. We were down to our 8th string running back, as the first 7 guys were on injured reserve. And yet somehow, we led the division most of the year, finished 8-8, and were in the hunt for the playoffs until the last game of the year. The only constant performers were Cutler and the O-line; every other player on the Broncos (with maybe a few exceptions) needs to take a long look in the mirror this offseason. To blame Jay or say he's not cutting it as the QB would just be foolish.

Leave a comment:

• ALEXCUTLER
    replied
    When Jay starts missing tackles ,dropping int's, getting burnt everyplay etc.. i'll blame him for us bein 8-8 with the worst Denver Def. i've seen in my 23years watchin them.

Leave a comment:

• jpark31
    replied
    Jay Cutler is a very good quarterback...I am impressed with him...

However, the defense couldn't stop a toddler walking through the mall

The Broncos have always have some sort of decent defense when Elway played...this D is horrible!

Leave a comment:

• 24SuperChamp
    replied
    Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
    I think 37 interceptions in 37 career games speaks for itself a little bit.

Cutler still has work to do.
    That's not saying a whole lot....

Brett Favre has played 273 games and has 310 interceptions.

Not to mention....he did make the Pro-Bowl this year.

Leave a comment:

• Stan_The_Man_12
    replied
    Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    and peyton manning has 167 in 176 games brady has 86 in 110

*** is your point

as to the OP this is such a dumb idea . . . what "winner QB" do you believe could continue "winning" with no defense or ST help and 8 RBs

honestly answer that question
    If its any consolation Rivers only has 36 ints in 52 games with 48 starts with 78 Tds.

Leave a comment:

• JayCutler06
    replied
    i dont blame jay for how bad the defense is. but i do blame jay for his horrible decisions he makes on the field. his inablity to read coverages. his inablity to simply throw the ball away. everything i just stated is true. he should ave thrown 30-35 int this year and only 9 more tds. ive said this 100 times to this point jay is jeff george part 2

Leave a comment:

Working...
X