Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Champ Bailey Overrated??? You kidding me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ Bailey Overrated??? You kidding me?

When this season started, every single one of these guys that are saying he's "the glass man" and overrated said he's the Best corner in the NFL and a true shutdown CB. Why are these guys putting all the grief on Bailey? He's been injured and I'm sure it's still bugging the crap outta him, we have no pressure at our front 7 to be able to help him.

Basically, he's all we got on our defense. Imagine what it would be like without him..... Yeah, you think our defense is bad now.

Grow up a bit and stop pointing fingers.

I'll be the first to speak up and say I thought Scrabble was better before the season too.
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

I love Bailey, but he's only going to be so good (especially at this stage in his career) as his pass rush...

It is clear that he's just not as big as a playmaker in the turnover department than he used to be.

I'm sick and tired of him and Bly playing 10 yards off of their receiver because they're afraid of giving up the deep ball, when it seems to happen EVERY game.

I love Bailey, but he's going to be 31 next year, and he'll start to regress..

Comment

How many times was Champ even thrown at before he got hurt?

Comment

Bailey is still the best.....
          sigpic

Comment

Champ is overrated & over the hill.. the dude has given up more big plays than he has made. He did have 2 great season with the Broncos but that was not worth the money he was paid, not for a cornerback.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckiz View Post
              Champ is overrated & over the hill.. the dude has given up more big plays than he has made. He did have 2 great season with the Broncos but that was not worth the money he was paid, not for a cornerback.
              Proof.....?
              sigpic

Comment

over the hill yes overrated no. champ bailey was the best corner in the league just two years ago and for many years before that. if he was overrated he would be in the pro bowl. he is still as good as any pro bowl alternate
                Darcel McBath 2009 Adopt-a-Bronco

McDaniel's Assistant Assylum: Defensive Line Coach

Jay Cutler 336-555 3666 yards 27 TD 26 INT 7W 9L
                vs.
                Kyle Orton 336-541 3802 yards 21 TD 12 INT 8W 8L
                Robert Ayers 18 Tackles 1 TD
                First Round Pick TBA

Comment

What over the hill because he hurt his groin? Overrated because he got beat what 3x this year? He also didn't play a HUGH roll in the 2005 afc championship game when the patriots were gonna score either huh? Lets here why he is over the hill and overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos055 View Post
                    What over the hill because he hurt his groin? Overrated because he got beat what 3x this year? He also didn't play a HUGH roll in the 2005 afc championship game when the patriots were gonna score either huh? Lets here why he is over the hill and overrated
                    That quite wasn't the AFC Championship game....

Comment

Proof? I'm not a basement dwelling football stat dork to keep track of every Champ Bailey mishap but I have seen enough Broncos games to make that assessment. CBs are generally overrated. The only defensive player that can significantly change the offensive strategy is a DE or a safety.

Comment

champ

Champ is still the man i think the he is one of the top three CB in football

Comment

I couldn't agree more with the OP. That injury was still bothering him but he went out there and worked his ass off to try to do what he always does, shutting down his receiver. It may not have worked as well as he had planned but at least he has more heart than the other 10 guys on the field and does his job when his name is called.

I'm getting sick of seeing him struggle because of our other half-ass players who can't wrap up, take bad angles, over pursue, and bounce off opposing players. No wonder he has so many damn tackles as a corner year in and year out. He's obviously the only player making an attempt to do a ****ing simple thing and that's called tackling, maybe our other defensive players should try it for once.
                          Originally posted by darth-hideous
                          Champ losing a step, just means the rest of the NFL is now only two steps behind.
                          Adopted by: CanDB & Peanut

Comment

What's the over/under on how many games into the season next year it will take before he's hurt again?

I say 5.

Comment

Guys, you are missing the point.. How many game changing plays is Champ making in a given season since his 13 interception season? He does play hard because he is paid like that.. You spend that on a DE, your defense can function effectively with average CBs...

Comment

Working...
                              X