Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Champ Bailey Overrated??? You kidding me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    I love Bailey, but he's only going to be so good (especially at this stage in his career) as his pass rush...

It is clear that he's just not as big as a playmaker in the turnover department than he used to be.

I'm sick and tired of him and Bly playing 10 yards off of their receiver because they're afraid of giving up the deep ball, when it seems to happen EVERY game.

I love Bailey, but he's going to be 31 next year, and he'll start to regress..
    agreed.... it wont be long till we need to start looking for another CB.... But i give Champ 2 more years

Comment

I Agree

It's So Funny That Before Champ Got Hurt, All The Experts Was Talking About How No Qb In The Previous 3gms Attempted A Pass Champs Way. Then Here Comes The Patriots And Randy Moss, Cassell Throws Two Passes Champ Way To Moss And Champ Breaks Up Both Passes.

Then He Gets Hurt And Is Out 7wks He Comes Back Imo Early(less Than 90%) And Doesn't Play That Great, Now He Is Wash Up , Gtfo Here. He Is The Best Cb In The League Period.

Comment

Originally posted by JoRo View Post
        Did you watch the game last night?
        Ya they picked on a hurt Bailey, but before he was injured earlier this game teams stayed away from him and always have. My point is that they said that CBs dont change offensive gameplans. Teams work there gameplan by not throwing near champ.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
          What's the over/under on how many games into the season next year it will take before he's hurt again?

I say 5.
          If all the teams on next year's schedule play like they did this year, I'll take 6 games. He will not kill himself to play on a horrible defense. He needs to be healthy when he opts out of his deal and signs somewhere where he can actually be utilized.

Comment

Champ is a good corner but he is overrated!! If I'm a QB why throw at a good corner when I can throw at a terrible corner(Bly) on the other side? Make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by dwills#1fan27 View Post
              Ya they picked on a hurt Bailey, but before he was injured earlier this game teams stayed away from him and always have. My point is that they said that CBs dont change offensive gameplans. Teams work there gameplan by not throwing near champ.
              Teams were throwing at Bailey all year... I clearly remember SD doing it our first game too....

This whole year when Bailey was in teams played us as if we had two bad corners with no pass rush...

That's my point. I remember before he got hurt thinking he wasn't the same.
              Bronco fan from Packer Land.
              Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
              Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Thunda View Post
                When this season started, every single one of these guys that are saying he's "the glass man" and overrated said he's the Best corner in the NFL and a true shutdown CB. Why are these guys putting all the grief on Bailey? He's been injured and I'm sure it's still bugging the crap outta him, we have no pressure at our front 7 to be able to help him.

Basically, he's all we got on our defense. Imagine what it would be like without him..... Yeah, you think our defense is bad now.

Grow up a bit and stop pointing fingers.
                Didn't Denver win more games when he was ot of the lineup with his injury? Also seems Rivers waqs go at him all night with great success

Comment

Originally posted by JoRo View Post
                  Teams were throwing at Bailey all year... I clearly remember SD doing it our first game too....

This whole year when Bailey was in teams played us as if we had two bad corners with no pass rush...

That's my point. I remember before he got hurt thinking he wasn't the same.
                  Did you see the NE game? Champ absolutely SHUTDOWN Randy Moss. Then Champ got hurt and Moss went off on us. Champ, when healthy is still the best in the bussiness.
                  sigpic

Comment

I can't believe anybody that understands the game of football can call Champ Bailey overrated..he's at WORST the 2nd best CB in the NFL..only Asumogua has an argument, and he was beaten by Rivers as well..

we have a great, versatile CB, but we don't use him properly..last week vs. Buffalo, we get him on a blitz, and he instantly gets a sack which forced a fumble..what happens after that? we get conservative, as usual..

how is a defensive back supposed to make a play when he's playing with the worst defensive line in the NFL..a line that NEVER gets any pressure..other QB's KNOW they can be patient no matter what, because they never expect our D to get any pressure on them..

we have the worst defensive coordinator in the NFL..no variety at all, no logic involved in the play calling..

Champ is being wasted on this team..I love the guy, and he still makes plays all the time when he is given the opportunity..it's also hard not to get hurt when he's the only guy on the team that knows how to make a ****ing tackle..it's ridiculous..

hopefully with our new coaches next year, our D will have variety and allow Champ to do what he does best..

Comment

Working...
                    X