Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMO Peyton Hillis is a FB, not a RB

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IMO Peyton Hillis is a FB, not a RB

    He's a bruiser when called on in the running game, but his skills make him a bigger threat plowing the way as a blocker. He's big and strong enough to be a force against linebackers, and his receiving skills would be best utilized as a fullback. Hillis could be a deadly option against any defense with the play-actions and rollouts.

    I compare him to Greg Jones with the Jaguars.

    I was just curious to see if anyone else would feel more comfortable at putting him back as the starting FB (a reserve RB option), while drafting a real running back around the 3rd/4th round, maybe 2nd (Shonne Greene )

  • #2
    I don't care what you think he is.

    The fact is that Peyton Hillis was a very productive, effective Runningback when he was given the chance. Now, he should be given the chance to compete for the starting Runningback position next season with the rest of the Runningbacks :salute!:


    sigpic


    FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



    :cool:

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
      He's a bruiser when called on in the running game, but his skills make him a bigger threat plowing the way as a blocker. He's big and strong enough to be a force against linebackers, and his receiving skills would be best utilized as a fullback. Hillis could be a deadly option against any defense with the play-actions and rollouts.

      I compare him to Greg Jones with the Jaguars.

      I was just curious to see if anyone else would feel more comfortable at putting him back as the starting FB (a reserve RB option), while drafting a real running back around the 3rd/4th round, maybe 2nd (Shonne Greene )
      Too bad the Broncos dont use a FB anymore, looks like we will never see Hillis play again if they keep him as FB.
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
        I don't care what you think he is.
        Your sig is a good indication of that.

        Comment


        • #5
          Mark Schlereth was talking about this on Sports Radio, and although I felt beforehand that Hillis could be a dominant runningback, I think Schlereth is right in that Hillis can be the best fullback in the league and really open this offense up so long as the Broncos find a capable runningback for him to block for.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Hillis was the best RB we had this year, hands down. I saw enough of him to tell me that I want to see him running the ball again in 09. The guy has the talent to play FB, HB and TE. I hope we use him in all three. The guy is a stud, glad we have him in Denver.

            Comment


            • #7
              I want him to be our starting FB, running with the ball and catching passes. Plus, he can be our RB during some single back plays. He has everything to be one of the best FBs in the league.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                I want him to be our starting FB, running with the ball and catching passes. Plus, he can be our RB during some single back plays. He has everything to be one of the best FBs in the league.
                He gonna get A LOT of goal-line carries next year = A LOT OF RUSHING TOUCHDOWNS


                sigpic


                FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



                :cool:

                Comment


                • #9
                  He has earned the right to compete at RB, he would be the best FB. One of the things Denver has lost over the years was a power run game. We had it for a moment this year and it showed why it was so valuable in the first place. If Hillis gets moved back I hope it is for another big bruiser. If it is for another scatback type, it would be a shame and a step back.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Whether he is a FB or RB, he needs to get carries and needs to get passes - if not, it is a failure to understand his talent and take advantage of his skill.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It would be best to find a RB with the same skill set as Hillis, which seems to work well with our offense, then keep Hillis at FB where he can still come in and run on some downs and be a dominant blocker.

                      Denver will use a FB more this year, the only reason the FB disappeared this year is because the only FB we had was turned into a RB and the FB we signed was injured and never saw any playing time. What the hell that signing was all about is beyond me.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
                        He's a bruiser when called on in the running game, but his skills make him a bigger threat plowing the way as a blocker. He's big and strong enough to be a force against linebackers, and his receiving skills would be best utilized as a fullback. Hillis could be a deadly option against any defense with the play-actions and rollouts.

                        I compare him to Greg Jones with the Jaguars.

                        I was just curious to see if anyone else would feel more comfortable at putting him back as the starting FB (a reserve RB option), while drafting a real running back around the 3rd/4th round, maybe 2nd (Shonne Greene )
                        Man, either way, the guy is a stud. If we can find a good RB then I'd agree that we can move him back to FB... but until then I think he tears it up either way.

                        As a RB he's big enough to make his own way because every time he collides with a defender THEY go down and he either goes down over them for a couple extra yards or keeps moving right on over them and it takes more than one guy to bring him down.

                        I'm happy with him in either position as long as we have a competent running back.

                        sigpic

                        DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If Shanahan even thinks about drafting a RB in the first 3 rounds, Bowlen needs to fire him immediately.

                          Denver ranked 2nd in the NFL in ypc.

                          There is no RB that is going to come in and improve on that.

                          Give me Hillis and his 4 yards a pop every time. A punishing runner like Hillis forces a S into the box, which is only going to open the game up even more for Cutler.

                          Plus, defenses hate tackling a guy like Hillis, espcially as the game goes on.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I think Greg Jones is a perfect comparison. Jones is a little more athletic but Hillis is a better blocker. But I agree that Hillis should play every snap, whether at FB or RB, similar to how Hester is going to be played with the Chargers.
                            The Broncos DO need to get a RB though. I think Pittman has a real chance to be the starter but is a little long in the tooth. If the Broncos could get another skilled RB back there with Hillis at FB and Hillis playing backup RB duties then it could be pretty lethal.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                              If Shanahan even thinks about drafting a RB in the first 3 rounds, Bowlen needs to fire him immediately.

                              Denver ranked 2nd in the NFL in ypc.

                              There is no RB that is going to come in and improve on that.

                              Give me Hillis and his 4 yards a pop every time. A punishing runner like Hillis forces a S into the box, which is only going to open the game up even more for Cutler.

                              Plus, defenses hate tackling a guy like Hillis, espcially as the game goes on.
                              YES..................:salute!: :salute!: :salute!:

                              CP to you..............this is exactly right.

                              Hillis should get every opportunity to compete with the other runningbacks for the starting job next year....he was productive and tough..that's all you can ask for.


                              sigpic


                              FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



                              :cool:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X