Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Cutler enjoys playing in Denver?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Do you think Cutler enjoys playing in Denver?

    I'm just curious as to how fans feel about the question in the title. I've often wondered if Cutler truly enjoys playing here in Denver, or if he would have preferred to go elsewhere where expectations may not be so high, say Tennessee (who was originally trying to draft him), Arizona (where Leinert went) or say Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, etc. - basically any team that doesn't have the expectations that the Broncos and their fans have.

    I was reading an article in another thread that made it a point to discuss how Cutler left Denver immediately Monday following the loss to San Diego, and how this somehow showed a lack of leadership or whatever. Not sure how the two tie together, but Elway eventually got married and settled down in Denver within a season or two of being traded here. Not necessarily expecting Cutler to do the same - Favre never moved to Green Bay, after all and he did just fine for himself. But I wonder if Cutler has really embraced his role as the face of Colorado sports yet.
    sigpic

  • #2
    The broncos were humiliated and Cutler just needs to get away from things, being the face of Colorado can really be tough Id imagine and this boy did exactly what he needed to do, get away!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
      I'm just curious as to how fans feel about the question in the title. I've often wondered if Cutler truly enjoys playing here in Denver, or if he would have preferred to go elsewhere where expectations may not be so high, say Tennessee (who was originally trying to draft him), Arizona (where Leinert went) or say Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, etc. - basically any team that doesn't have the expectations that the Broncos and their fans have.

      I was reading an article in another thread that made it a point to discuss how Cutler left Denver immediately Monday following the loss to San Diego, and how this somehow showed a lack of leadership or whatever. Not sure how the two tie together, but Elway eventually got married and settled down in Denver within a season or two of being traded here. Not necessarily expecting Cutler to do the same - Favre never moved to Green Bay, after all and he did just fine for himself. But I wonder if Cutler has really embraced his role as the face of Colorado sports yet.
      I think he does. I don't think Jay would be cut out for a big east coast market like NYC, Boston, or Philly. This is similar to a lot of other markets in the NFL. I don't know if it's playing in Denver specifically, or if it's his enthusiasm to be a leader in general. He doesn't seem like a take charge guy, so I can see how it would appear that he's relatively ambivalent during pressers and such.
      Sent from my Human Cent-iPad

      Comment


      • #4
        I think he hates playing on a team with one of the worst defenses in the league. Apart from that I doubt he dislikes playing here.

        Comment


        • #5
          Everyone loves Denver.

          Schlereth still lives here....

          Like you said, John still lives here.

          Travis Henry stayed here.

          Tatum Bell moved back here.

          But seriously...the season is over and these guys can afford to go wherever they want whenever they want.

          If I were Jay, I would probably want to skip out of town for a few days as well.

          But I do think Jay enjoys being here. And he really has embraced his role. I mean, he is now the "Jay Cutler Live" show guy after Lynch left, I've seen him to plenty of sports cross overs (I mean stuff like calling the starting lineup for the Nuggets when they're on national TV or something).

          But, he owns a house here and everything....and has never given any indication he dislikes being here.

          Although you do wonder if he watches Tennessee's defense and wonders why they took Vince Young.
          sigpic

          And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

          Comment


          • #6
            If Tennessee wanted Cutler they could have drafted him. They had the choice of the three. They wanted VY. They took VY. Certainly their was an individual or two who may have wanted Cutler. Fisher wanted VY, though. He is the one who sold Shanahan on Cutler.

            I think he is young, and a bit immature. I think the diabetes is an issue still, too. He definitely seems prone to some of the mood swings that can accompany swings in blood sugar.

            Cutler would face the same pressure in ANY NFL city. Everybody has a now mentality in every part of this country whether it is pro sports, food, real estate, etc... He will be just fine.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
              If Tennessee wanted Cutler they could have drafted him. They had the choice of the three. They wanted VY. They took VY. Certainly their was an individual or two who may have wanted Cutler. Fisher wanted VY, though. He is the one who sold Shanahan on Cutler.

              I think he is young, and a bit immature. I think the diabetes is an issue still, too. He definitely seems prone to some of the mood swings that can accompany swings in blood sugar.

              Cutler would face the same pressure in ANY NFL city. Everybody has a now mentality in every part of this country whether it is pro sports, food, real estate, etc... He will be just fine.
              Actually it was Fisher who wanted Cutler. It was the Tennessee GM (forget his name) that wanted Vince Young. That's why Fisher sold Cutler to Shanahan - that's the QB Fisher wanted.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
                If Tennessee wanted Cutler they could have drafted him. They had the choice of the three. They wanted VY. They took VY. Certainly their was an individual or two who may have wanted Cutler. Fisher wanted VY, though. He is the one who sold Shanahan on Cutler.

                I think he is young, and a bit immature. I think the diabetes is an issue still, too. He definitely seems prone to some of the mood swings that can accompany swings in blood sugar.

                Cutler would face the same pressure in ANY NFL city. Everybody has a now mentality in every part of this country whether it is pro sports, food, real estate, etc... He will be just fine.
                Yeah, mood swings has gotta be the diabetes.

                Couldn't POSSIBLY have anything to do with being a 24 (25? I dunno) year old kid in an incredibly high pressure and high frustration job.
                sigpic

                And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
                  If Tennessee wanted Cutler they could have drafted him. They had the choice of the three. They wanted VY. They took VY. Certainly their was an individual or two who may have wanted Cutler. Fisher wanted VY, though. He is the one who sold Shanahan on Cutler.

                  I think he is young, and a bit immature. I think the diabetes is an issue still, too. He definitely seems prone to some of the mood swings that can accompany swings in blood sugar.

                  Cutler would face the same pressure in ANY NFL city. Everybody has a now mentality in every part of this country whether it is pro sports, food, real estate, etc... He will be just fine.
                  Fisher wanted Cutler, Floyd Reese wanted Cutler, the city of Nashville was mixed, but Bud Adams wanted Young. Bud still lives in Houston and was used to reading and hearing of the exploits of #10. I reckon right now he wished he had his money back!!
                  As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

                  More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
                    If Tennessee wanted Cutler they could have drafted him. They had the choice of the three. They wanted VY. They took VY. Certainly their was an individual or two who may have wanted Cutler. Fisher wanted VY, though. He is the one who sold Shanahan on Cutler.

                    I think he is young, and a bit immature. I think the diabetes is an issue still, too. He definitely seems prone to some of the mood swings that can accompany swings in blood sugar.

                    Cutler would face the same pressure in ANY NFL city. Everybody has a now mentality in every part of this country whether it is pro sports, food, real estate, etc... He will be just fine.
                    Wrong

                    Bud wanted Vince cuz he was from Houston.


                    Fisher and Reese wanted Matt I do believe


                    And no not every team has the kind of "well back when Elway was playing" pressure.

                    I live near Green Bay in the middle of the Nfc North region (U.P of Michigan) Green Bay seems pretty accepting of Rodgers and embrace him for playing as well. The East coast media? Not so much.

                    Bears- seem fairly set that their QB sucks... and would love even an average one.

                    Detroit... well their fan just wants a friend to become a sucker again

                    Vikings are the estatic with A.P but desperately want their QB to be even somewhat decent.
                    Last edited by JoRo; 12-30-2008, 10:47 AM.
                    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hell no, he hates the city of Denver.

                      He would much rather play for the Titans.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Sam24 View Post
                        The broncos were humiliated and Cutler just needs to get away from things, being the face of Colorado can really be tough Id imagine and this boy did exactly what he needed to do, get away!
                        Cutler should be in Nashville now.

                        I expect him at Vandy's bowl game tomorrow, but I have not talked to him yet.



                        ----------------------------------------------
                        I work at Vanderbilt University

                        Where Jay Graduated!


                        I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by JoRo View Post
                          Wrong

                          Bud wanted Vince cuz he was from Houston.


                          Fisher and Reese wanted Matt I do believe


                          And no not every team has the kind of "well back when Elway was playing" pressure.

                          I live near Green Bay in the middle of the Nfc North region (U.P of Michigan) Green Bay seems pretty accepting of Rodgers and embrace him for playing as well. The East coast media? Not so much.

                          Bears- seem fairly set that their QB sucks... and would love even an average one.

                          Detroit... well their fan just wants a friend to become a sucker again

                          Vikings are the estatic with A.P but desperately want their QB to be even somewhat decent.

                          Fisher wanted Cutler.

                          The Titans worked Jay out 4 TIMES!

                          Leinart 1 time!



                          ----------------------------------------------
                          I work at Vanderbilt University

                          Where Jay Graduated!


                          I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by down_fall View Post
                            Hell no, he hates the city of Denver.

                            He would much rather play for the Titans.
                            He does not hate Denver. He hates that pressure on him to win with a sucky defense!



                            ----------------------------------------------
                            I work at Vanderbilt University

                            Where Jay Graduated!


                            I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by cutlerfan View Post
                              Fisher wanted Cutler.

                              The Titans worked Jay out 4 TIMES!

                              Leinart 1 time!
                              Not that I know who he wanted but we worked Cutler out 0 times.

                              Workouts don't really say much.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X