Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Cutler enjoys playing in Denver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely the very nature of this thread highlights why Jay would leave town. Similar to Elway he's living in a goldfish bowl and it must be tough being under the spotlight all the time.

Elway was destined for greatness wherever he played and he was definitely more prepared for life in the NFL. I don't think Jay Cutler had the same pressure coming into the league but he now has everyone scrutinizing every single thing he does and will, as with every QB we've sign, be compared to Elway which isn't fair.

He does have to cut out the fumbles and throwing into double coverage but he's the most exciting young QB in the league and in a couple of years I definitely think we'll be back as a Superbowl contender - if we can sort the D.

We need to give him a break and continue to get behind him. He's definitely the future of the Broncos.

Comment

I think Cutler enjoys playing for Denver, and I believe he was drafted sooner than he expected.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cutlerfan View Post
        He does not hate Denver. He hates that pressure on him to win with a sucky defense!
        No he hates Denver, first thing he did when he lost on Sunday was book a trip OUT of Denver. It had nothing to do with pressure, he just wanted to get the hell out of the city he hates.

If I didn't know any better I think he didn't mind losing the game, for the simple fact that he wanted to get out of Denver.

Comment

I think his cable guy said that Jay wished he would have went somewhere else...

..you know...after Jay was mean to him. But I digress

I think he likes playing here. I think Jay is a smart enough kid to know that win and times are good, but lose and times are tough. It's just how the game is.

I DO still think hes working out his diabetes.

I DO think he's still VERY young.

Look at it this way. Imagine yourself watching the Broncos defense. Close your eyes and remember. Remember how you acted.

What makes you think you can be pissed and have an attitude about it, and the leader of that team can't? I love it. I love that he's got fire. Yeah, he's got an attitude. Yeah he does cuss and call people out. Would you rather he just not do ANYTHING?
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
            I'm just curious as to how fans feel about the question in the title. I've often wondered if Cutler truly enjoys playing here in Denver, or if he would have preferred to go elsewhere where expectations may not be so high, say Tennessee (who was originally trying to draft him), Arizona (where Leinert went) or say Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, etc. - basically any team that doesn't have the expectations that the Broncos and their fans have.

I was reading an article in another thread that made it a point to discuss how Cutler left Denver immediately Monday following the loss to San Diego, and how this somehow showed a lack of leadership or whatever. Not sure how the two tie together, but Elway eventually got married and settled down in Denver within a season or two of being traded here. Not necessarily expecting Cutler to do the same - Favre never moved to Green Bay, after all and he did just fine for himself. But I wonder if Cutler has really embraced his role as the face of Colorado sports yet.
            I remember last year Peyton Manning left Indy right away after losing in the playoffs to the Chargers. He saw Eli's game vs. the Packers away from Indianapolis. He said he wanted to get away. Cutler said the same thing on Monday morning.
            sigpic

Comment

Well I can tell you that there were some players that loved playing for the Broncos but didn't love being in Denver. Not a lot of teams are their city's pride and joy, and there is definitely a love/hate relationship with the players here and the fans. I have seen way too much negative said/written about these players by the same fans who kiss their butts just for a photo or autograph. I think Jay feels the weight of having to get this team to the promised land again and it weighs on you when you know that it looks like a long way off. I'm glad he gets away, and it's not like he is the only one doing it. Lots of players make their homes somewhere else in the offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                I think his cable guy said that Jay wished he would have went somewhere else...

..you know...after Jay was mean to him. But I digress

What's with this cable guy and Cutler i hear so much about? What happened?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by down_fall View Post
                  No he hates Denver, first thing he did when he lost on Sunday was book a trip OUT of Denver. It had nothing to do with pressure, he just wanted to get the hell out of the city he hates.
                  Oh yea, I'm sure that's exactly the reason why he left immediately, because he hates Denver, and not because he promised Vanderbilt that he would at their bowl game, or possibly even coming back to a place that's only going to criticize how embarrassing the Broncos have been to the city of Denver.

Only
                  because he hates DEnver....

Comment

Originally posted by down_fall View Post

If I didn't know any better I think he didn't mind losing the game, for the simple fact that he wanted to get out of Denver.
                    Nothing to do with the Vanderbilt Bowl Game tomorrow? Come on quit thinking negative. He loves Denver. If you want I will ask him.

----------------------------------------------
                    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Well if he does start to dislike playing in Denver, we shouldn't blame him.

He's played his ass off this season only to have idiot fans blame him for not making the playoffs again OVER the obvious elephant in the room that is our horrible defense. Jake suffered the same fate when it was our crap defense and not Jake that held us back...

Face it. If you're not Elway, get out of Denver...because fans seem unable to move by the fact that Elway's been gone for 10 years now...

We would win 3 SBs in a row but if our QB throws more than 10 interceptions in a season, he's got to go....regardless of whether he passed for over 4,000 yards and over 20 TDs...
                      sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

I do think it SUCKS BIG ONES that almost 10 years after Elway retired, there is not 1 way into Invesco Field Player's Parking without passing a minimum of 2 HUGE billboards advertising Broncos Country with Elway throwing a ball

Comment

Nothing to do with the Vanderbilt Bowl Game tomorrow? Come on quit thinking negative. He loves Denver. If you want I will ask him.
                          You should ask him what he thinks about Shanahan's approach to the defense is.

Seriously.

I would love to hear what the impression of the players themselves feel about Shanahan's approach to the defense.

I can seriously see Shanahan before games, and in speeches, talking nothing except offense, like the defense doesn't even exist.

I've heard him say several times through the media how Cutler needs to play better, and the only thing he has ever said about the defense is, "I thought they did a good job, and made key plays at key points to keep him in the game."

Ask Cutler if Shanahan is really that f'n stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                            You should ask him what he thinks about Shanahan's approach to the defense is.

Seriously.

I would love to hear what the impression of the players themselves feel about Shanahan's approach to the defense.

I can seriously see Shanahan before games, and in speeches, talking nothing except offense, like the defense doesn't even exist.

I've heard him say several times through the media how Cutler needs to play better, and the only thing he has ever said about the defense is, "I thought they did a good job, and made key plays at key points to keep him in the game."

Ask Cutler if Shanahan is really that f'n stupid.
                            Jay and Shanny are tight.

I talked with Jack ,Jays dad, and he can say the Defense su#ks Ballz! Which Jack said. Jay can't say that.

----------------------------------------------
                            I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Go ahead ask him, he'll just tell you what you want to hear.

You and me are nothing to him.

Comment

Jay and Shanny are tight.
                                That's crazy. I understand the whole, "you chose me, you're a good guy, you've taught me a lot" argument, but at the same time, when does the, "you're f'n up my career because you have the inability to understand how to fix the defense" part come into play.

Comment

Working...
                                X