Sharpe vs. Gonzo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharpe vs. Gonzo

Everyone is talking about the Priest coming into Port. this weekend.

My contention is that the game will be won by the tight ends. Both TE have 4 touchdowns in the past four weeks. Sharpe has 12/175 and Gonzo has 22/220. Who is going to get the best of this matchup and will this the key factor in the game?
    ...And [sic 'he'] is given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth....

I think Tony would ONLY because Sharpe's ribs.

Comment

That's a difficult comparison to make. Denver doesn't rely on Sharpe like KC does, therefore Gonzalez is a bigger factor for KC than Sharpe is for Denver. The special teams will be more of a key to the game than the TE's will be.

Comment

I think Tony Gonzalez will get better numbers for a few reasons:

1) Shannon is still hurting.
        2) I think Denver will have more success with their running game than the Chiefs which means KC will be throwing more.
        3) Eddie Mac seems to be back, Rod is still Rod, and Lelie seems to play (a little bit) better in Denver. This should mean more passes to the wide receivers. The Chiefs, on the other hand, will still throw the majority of passes to Priest and Tony G.

But the matchup between Shannon and Tony will only be a small subplot in this game. Can Denver keep Dante under control? Can KC's defense contain Portis? Can Denver's defense contain Holmes? Will Green or Plummer be hot or cold?

This should be a great game...
        "You can't take the sky from me..."
        ------
        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Shannon may be hurting, but he was BLOCKING for Carswell later in the game agaist Oakland. I think he wants it more than Gonzo...
          ...And [sic 'he'] is given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth....

Comment

neither

i think the games going to comedown to the play of lelie because we need his big play ability

Comment

Lelei the invisible man? He has been effective the last two weeks as Oneal. Try Eddie Mac to be the man at play with Rod & Shannon.
              The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Sharpe has been gaining track since Plummer's return. I say Sharpe will outcatch Gonzo this week.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Overall Sharpe is the better TE. This game I think Gonzo will do better. Sharpe is in pain.

Comment

Sharpe is having a great year
                    JetBoatRich

Comment

Re: neither

Originally posted by stickyicky420
                      i think the games going to comedown to the play of lelie because we need his big play ability
                      Or how bout any play ability? He hasn't done **** in a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                      X