ADMIT IT!! - Possible CPs for Best "Worst Predictions"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADMIT IT!! - Possible CPs for Best "Worst Predictions"

There's a fairly large contingent of folks here that will take the time to tell you when they are right about predictions they made. And they will remind you, possibly even refresh a post and so on. However those are the same people that probably don't remember all the times they were out to lunch on a prediction.

So this is a chance for all of us humble people to flat our provide examples of bad predictions they made pertaining to the Broncos. This is day one of the new year, and what better time to share with your poster buds one or more of your prediction "screw ups"? And for all of us, why not reward the really good ones with some CPs. It's optional, but I like the concept of rewarding good old honest "I blew it" stuff.

I'll start the ball rolling with a few of mine from 08. Now before I go one step farther, it should be noted that there is a line between messing up on occasion versus being one heck of a lousy predicter...most of the time! That's the chance you take here....people might react with "that dude is always wrong".

Here's some of mine:
    1) I wanted Mendenhall on the Broncos. And based on what he didn't do this year, it looks really bad at this point. However he may not have got hurt if he joined us, so who knows. And he may yet become a real star. And in my defense, I wouldn't have picked him at #12...well maybe I would have (my memory is tainted). Certainly after we got Clady and Mendenhall slipped a bit, I thought "trade up". That would have meant no Royal....yikes!!
    2) I think I was one of the first people to post here that we were a lock for the playoffs. I made that assertion with about 6 minutes to go in the Jets game!!! How could I have been wrong????
    3) I predicted in the offseason that our D would improve more than our O would. Of course I was not alone there, but still.........

Okay, your turn. ADMIT IT!! You are human. And maybe you'll be rewarded for your honesty.

Of course I'm thinking this will spawn a thread of the opposite nature.....what was your best prediction(s)?.....hope not....that would be so predictable, and the line up of "know it alls" would be predictably long!!
    Last edited by CanDB; 01-01-2009, 04:34 PM.

i think almost everyone including myself was pumped for travis henry

umm i wanted boss bailey and thought he could overcome his injury bug . . . ya right
    sigpic
    -------

Comment

I too was excited about Boss Bailey. I also thought we would beat Buff, and even had misguided beliefs that we would at least make it a game against the Chargers.

I also thought Bob Slowik would be a better DC than Bates.:doh:

Comment

1) I predicted 11-5 for the 08 season :doh:
        2) I wanted OT Chris Williams because of his "SEC Sack Records"
        3) Thought Cutler would throw for 35-38 TDs
        4) Thought Slowik would make this defense good. :brick:
        5) The worst one, after we beat the Jets I thought we were destined to go on a run & win the SB.

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post

umm i wanted boss bailey and thought he could overcome his injury bug . . . ya right
          Interesting...even after he passed you that joint?? Just kiddin. Thx SB!!

Comment

Dre Bly was gonna play as well as Darrent

we were a lock for the playoffs this year

this prediction isnt proven yet but they're gonna keep Tatum Bell and hes gonna play hungry in 09

gotta think of more

Comment

That's good. All my buds coming clean. This little retreat is healthy. After this you can all start messing up, all over again!!

Comment

Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
                I too was excited about Boss Bailey. I also thought we would beat Buff, and even had misguided beliefs that we would at least make it a game against the Chargers.

I also thought Bob Slowik would be a better DC than Bates.:doh:
                That's it chaz...come clean. But the Slowik one.....hmmmmmm...going to take me a few more minutes to absorb that one.....we're good.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos6FTW View Post
                  1) I predicted 11-5 for the 08 season :doh:
                  2) I wanted OT Chris Williams because of his "SEC Sack Records"
                  3) Thought Cutler would throw for 35-38 TDs
                  4) Thought Slowik would make this defense good. :brick:
                  5) The worst one, after we beat the Jets I thought we were destined to go on a run & win the SB.
                  Nice B6......another Slowik gaffaw. SB eh???

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    Nice B6......another Slowik gaffaw. SB eh???
                    Slowik & SB? ya I know.

I thought we would start a run, but the defense.....

Comment

I predicted 8 games in that our defense would be top 20 by seasons end.

I also predicted we would be in the AFCCG.

I predicted Marshall, despite missing a game, would set the most receptions in a year record. This one is not that far off base, imo.

My worst prediction of the year has to be the one about our defense. I really thought I saw us coiming around.

Comment

Well,

I to thought boss bailey would be amazing.

I also thought if we got T.O. back then, we would win superbowls. Imagine where we would be right now if marshall didn't delvope and we had loud mouth T.O.
                        Last edited by Strimpel; 01-01-2009, 04:52 PM.

Comment

I predicted that our defense would be better this year with the additions of Boss Bailey, Robertson, and the maturation of the draft class of 07'.

I also don't know if I predicted it, but if I didn't I sure thought to myself that the interception total would be high this year because of pressure on the quarterback.

Stay tuned for next years predictions..............
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                            I'll admit it, me too

I also thought that Simeon 'Hot 97' Rice was going to come in and be a force, and maybe finish his career here.

I thought after the Jets win the Broncos were pretty much 1 foot and 4 toes in the playoffs, and had a shot at getting to the AFC Championship game

After the signing, i thought Boss Bailey was finally going to be utilised in 'the right way' and become a Pro Bowl caliber LB...

I thought a Broncos RB would have had over 1000 yards this season (Didn't we all?)

Comment

So far I'm very impressed with the honesty here. Good for you. Some seriously twisted minds, but I commend the up front, I was wrong stuff going on. I ran out of CPs temporarily, but I'm sending out some more later.

Comment

Working...
                              X