No announcement yet.

Josh McDaniels should be the guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not saying I am happy Shanahan is gone I was furious when we fired him there is know one as good out there. So understand anyone I mention is not going to be an upgrade over him IMO. And just FYI Josh McDaniels called all offensive plays in New England hence why he walks around with his play sheet all game and hence why Brady and Cassel always come over and talk to him during time outs. My number one choice is still Steve Spagnuolo but McDaniles can do well here too. And as far as everyone comparing McDaniels to other Patriots off that coaching tree you cant its apples to oranges Notre Dame was set up for a fall through poor previous recruiting Cleveland is just that cleveland and Mangini did not do too bad for what he had in New York it is not like he had tons of talent out there. and as far as Cutler he is in communication with Bowlen if he really does not want to play for Mcdaniels and says he will leave Bowlen will listen.
    Go Broncos!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
      How will this move help our offense? McDaniels knows more about offensive football than Shanahan? And prepare to say goodbye to Bates. Soon Cutler will get pissed, throw even more interceptions and leave Denver.
      Maybe not, but maybe McDaniels brings something new, young, and fresh to the table. Shanahan's plays have gone stale. Again, the team lacked identity.

Let's play a game. I name a team and you respond with their identity. I'll start. Steelers=Defense. Colts=Offense. Chargers=Offense. Broncos=? The Jack of All Trades, the Master of None mentality will not win anyone the Super Bowl.

Comment

for everyone ripping on the NE coaching tree, look at Mangini. Sure he was not fired, but he had a winning team 2 out of the 3 years he was with the Jets. I would not say he was a failure by any means; and was given a no win situation this year. If they didnt win everything with Favre he was in trouble, and if he got his way and didnt get Favre and Pennington struggled he would have been in trouble for not getting a HoF QB when he could have. The whole Favre situation killed his career in NY.

Comment

We can play many different games. What about this one?

Colts, Broncos, Chiefs, Falcons, Bills... Which team allowed the Chargers to score 52 points?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VAFAN View Post
            for everyone ripping on the NE coaching tree, look at Mangini. Sure he was not fired, but he had a winning team 2 out of the 3 years he was with the Jets. I would not say he was a failure by any means; and was given a no win situation this year. If they didnt win everything with Favre he was in trouble, and if he got his way and didnt get Favre and Pennington struggled he would have been in trouble for not getting a HoF QB when he could have. The whole Favre situation killed his career in NY.
            Mangini was 10-6 and 9-7 in his winning seasons. And that 10-6 year was heavily scrutinized as the Jets had one of the weakest schedules in the NFL that year. And outside their division, they had a very weak schedule this year as well, and lost to both us and the Raiders. The Jets spent millions this year in free agency to improve this team, and the best Mangini could manage was 9 wins.

I think his 4-12 year last year in the middle of those years were very telling. And there were 'reports' (which are basically rumors so take it for what you will) that he really wasn't well thought of by his players.
            Last edited by mojo0730; 01-04-2009, 12:04 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

We can play many different games. What about this one?

Colts, Broncos, Chiefs, Falcons, Bills... Which team allowed the Chargers to score 52 points?
              The team that had an offense go stale, so the opposing offense got the ball back a large number of times, tiring the said defense which gave up the 52 points.

Comment

Originally posted by evolaerok View Post
                The team that had an offense go stale, so the opposing offense got the ball back a large number of times, tiring the said defense which gave up the 52 points.
                Fresh or tired, our defense only stopped them from scoring once or twice the whole game. I am watching the playoffs right now and I envy those teams with a tough defense that creates pressure and turnovers. The Colts scored 17 points against the Chargers, we scored 21. But our defense simply can't stop anyone, the Raiders come and score 30 points. I just fear McDaniels won't solve our defensive catastrophy. That's all.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                  I think it's a terrible move. One, the New England coaching tree has not produced one single head coach worth mentioning in a positive way. Two, it means that in all likelihood Bates will be out. And three, it doesn't dramatically change the philosophy of this team, which I feel it needs.
                  the first part is what im worried about
                  sigpic

Comment

Fresh or tired, our defense only stopped them from scoring once or twice the whole game. I am watching the playoffs right now and I envy those teams with a tough defense that creates pressure and turnovers. The Colts scored 17 points against the Chargers, we scored 21. But our defense simply can't stop anyone, the Raiders come and score 30 points. I just fear McDaniels won't solve our defensive catastrophy. That's all.
                    The way I see it, the team is one or two pieces away from having a very potent and dangerous offense. The defense is a lot, and I mean a lot of pieces away from being formidable.

A HC or DC can only do so much for the defense if the personnel is not there. It's going to be expensive. Haynesworth will be a $40-55 million guy. The team has a void at MLB. Vilma will be available, but he'll be pricey. The draft is never a guarantee, but I see two potential gems in Malualga and Taylor May. That is a lot of work.

Comment

FG-TD-TD-TD-Half-TD-TD-Punt-TD-TD

Tired or not, that is inexcusable. How many times this season did the D get the ball back for the O? 13. That's disgraceful.
                      sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by muse View Post
                        FG-TD-TD-TD-Half-TD-TD-Punt-TD-TD

Tired or not, that is inexcusable. How many times this season did the D get the ball back for the O? 13. That's disgraceful.
                        Special teams was a part of that horrid day too. Bottom line, the offense needs one or two players. The Defense needs an overhaul and one HC will not bring miracles.

I see the points made, however I think if Bowlen does go the DC route, Spags is not the guy. I would much rather have Morris.

Comment

Special teams was a part of that horrid day too. Bottom line, the offense needs one or two players. The Defense needs an overhaul and one HC will not bring miracles.

I see the points made, however I think if Bowlen does go the DC route, Spags is not the guy. I would much rather have Morris.
                          I would rather have Spagnuolo over Morris but I'd rather have Morris over McDaniel.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                            I would rather have Spagnuolo over Morris but I'd rather have Morris over McDaniel.
                            Old. We are in a new era of football. The old guys have old ideas and have no way of relating with one of the youngest teams in the NFL.

Comment

um

you made some very good points but i just dont know

Comment

Old. We are in a new era of football. The old guys have old ideas and have no way of relating with one of the youngest teams in the NFL.
                                LOL!

Morris is the same age as McDaniels, FYI. And although Spagnuolo is 49, that's relatively young for a head coach.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X