Trade the wanna be T.O.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade the wanna be T.O.

First of all I know all the Fans of him will hate this, That said IMHO we should trade Brandon Marshall, I think a first round pick would be plenty? Or even a defensive stud?

If you can trade Portis why not Marshall, Portis accomplished a lot more with out the diva attitude. ( I know he is definitely a diva now in Washington) ?

The hissy fit in the end zone in week 17 was not something a Denver Bronco does totally over the top unsportsmanlike.

His prediction of 145 receptions could of had that if he could catch the balls that hit his hands. Seems like the easy ones he dropped more then the leapers.

The trash talk he did during the middle of the season (NFL Network just reported he dropped another ball) was not only untrue but he didn't help back it up.

I definitely think the Broncos would need to replace him with some one royal is better off as a number 2. If the Broncos get a real running back and dont settle for a no name 1000 yard rusher and get a 15 16 guy they wont have to worry about a great receiving core and Cutler needs pressure off his shoulders.

Umm NO. If you look at how many times he was thrown to the number he dropped was pretty small compared to it. Also you compare Denver's RB situation to that of our WR's for a number of years and they aren't even close. We did have some good talent on Wr's but our RB's have been much more consistent then the Wr's in our history.

Right now we have to Great Wr's and just need that good running game along with some major D improvements. We have young talent on the team and have 10 picks in the draft so we can get more young guys.

Marshall seems to have done a bit of growing up and yes the out burst in the end-zone wasn't great it showed that he was frustrated just like a lot of players get when in that situation. I doubt we will hear of any off the field issues with him this year or at least I hope not (you truly never know).

Comment

You don't just trade a young, good #1 receiver away. And replace him with what exactly? Marshall, Royal, Scheffler, Cutler, Clady. Get used to those names, because they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
      "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Odendahl View Post
        First of all I know all the Fans of him will hate this, That said IMHO we should trade Brandon Marshall, I think a first round pick would be plenty? Or even a defensive stud?

If you can trade Portis why not Marshall, Portis accomplished a lot more with out the diva attitude. ( I know he is definitely a diva now in Washington) ?

The hissy fit in the end zone in week 17 was not something a Denver Bronco does totally over the top unsportsmanlike.

His prediction of 145 receptions could of had that if he could catch the balls that hit his hands. Seems like the easy ones he dropped more then the leapers.

The trash talk he did during the middle of the season (NFL Network just reported he dropped another ball) was not only untrue but he didn't help back it up.

I definitely think the Broncos would need to replace him with some one royal is better off as a number 2. If the Broncos get a real running back and dont settle for a no name 1000 yard rusher and get a 15 16 guy they wont have to worry about a great receiving core and Cutler needs pressure off his shoulders.

Word of advice for a new poster. Read the board. If you had then you would have already known that there are 50 threads started about this very subject. You could have filed this crap with all the other crap.

Why can't some fans see a good thing when they got one. BM is nothing like TO. For one thing he get along with all of his team mates. Believe it or not when he is on the field he isn't a me guy. He is one of the hardest working players on this team.

Comment

Trade

Trade the wanna be armchair GM.

Comment

im sorry but your an idiot.
            how is marshall a wanna be TO?

brandon is a total team player. yes he wanted 140 catches but he said he rather win then his reach his goal. also before the charger game he said he hoped the dolts would triple cover him so royal and scheffler can get more catches. the guy puts his team before him self. and he knows he had problems catching the ball. thats why he called his probowl year a bad year for him. the guy wants to work hard to get better.

and he has never thrown his qb under the bus like TO. the only real problems he has ever had was with his Girlfriend and clearly he's over that. since the 1 game suspension what has marshall ever done that was wrong?

you want to trade him just because brandon gets mad because his team is losing by 30 in a win or go home game? he was just being emotional and that is no reason to trade him. that was the first time brandon ever did that and he had a good reason too.

you trade him and you trade away a young talent that has the potential to be the best WR in the league. he is already one of the best and is only getting better.

Comment

His "HISSY FIT" was not a hissy fit. He was wide open and he was overthrown. That game was so frustrating for any bronco or bronco fan anyone would have done that. Brandon Marshall isn't a DIVA he is THE MAN
              Dumervil's Biggest Fan

Comment

look i dont wanna bash you because probably everyone on this board will...but im gonna have to give you a big fat NO i mean its just not a smart move or even an idea at all why would we trade a potential superstar and our playmaker....i love Royal but like you said hes better off as a number 2 since Marshall is being doubled covered Royal is a open target and also Stokley isnt exactly a spring chicken anymore so trading Marshall would be just plain stupid ...and FYI if you were getting mualed 52 to 21 i think youd be pretty frustrated too cause i know i would and also bring doubled covered all season and still breaking 1000 yards receiving is pretty sweet to me even though he didnt get his reception goal its even sweeter since he got less receptions but more yards
                Last edited by captainbronco; 01-10-2009, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Well Marshall isnt my favorite player, and I still think that he is a punk kid that needs to learn how grown ups act.... However, you dont trade him (unless the deal is really sweet...something lie the Hershal walker deal)... What you do is you ship Hillis, Scheffler, Royal, Marshall, & Cutler somewhere and all you have them doing is going through the new offense. Then when practice is over you get all the recievers in front of a JUGS cause they really need to learn how to catch the ball..... Those drops always seemed to kill our drives
                  Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Comment

I'd rather trade Cutler than Marshall. I'm tired of his overthrows, bad attitude and crappy demeanor everywhere else.
                      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                      sigpic

Comment

Brandon Marshall is special, he is sleek.
                        Terell Owens, Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson are circus type long ball artists, for real but puhleaze! Look at the thighs on Owens, like he´s groomed himself to do only that.
                        Brandon Marshall´s physique is built for smooth speed, and he´s wiry enough to do tight end stuff. Screw after the catch, he´s good at before the catch! He´s caught too many passes for sure, but in doing so he´s proven he can catch the short to medium range passes, and also has the gutts to do the inside routes. It´s a waste, but he´s shown his mettle.
                        Like any talented young reciever he´ll be weak on fundamentals, because he produces on sheer talent and no one wants to mess with a type of perfection.

He needs to run crisper routes and fool the defensive backs more. The way he catches the ball looking it into his hands is picture book but too much for show. Catch the darn thing any which way!
                        The QB needs to know he is a long ball threat every darn play! And alternate short to medium range passes only for posession and on 3rd down. If you throw the long ball many times, you´ll catch it a few times. That´s plenty in the NFL.

I think Brandon Marshall is the franchise player. Fans and personell-department should aim to keep him on the roster for the rest of his career. If you want to trade him, do so now, at this critical juncture in his career, get his money´s worth!
                        mooncamping is a new Cleveland Browns fan

Comment

He is not even close to has bad as T.O. please.... You are probley a Charger fan figures not very smart are you??

WOOT!!!! my 100th post
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey yeah, let's go trade that Cutler guy too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cire72 View Post
                              Umm NO. If you look at how many times he was thrown to the number he dropped was pretty small compared to it. Also you compare Denver's RB situation to that of our WR's for a number of years and they aren't even close. We did have some good talent on Wr's but our RB's have been much more consistent then the Wr's in our history.

Right now we have to Great Wr's and just need that good running game along with some major D improvements. We have young talent on the team and have 10 picks in the draft so we can get more young guys.

Marshall seems to have done a bit of growing up and yes the out burst in the end-zone wasn't great it showed that he was frustrated just like a lot of players get when in that situation. I doubt we will hear of any off the field issues with him this year or at least I hope not (you truly never know).
                              You know besides Portis the last 10 years ten years the RB's and WR's have been equally mediocre. And the RB's are constantly hurt since 98

Comment

Working...
                              X