Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rookie QB Joe Flacco more playoff wins/games than Cutler in his first year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by down_fall View Post
    I'm not saying, I'm just saying !

Hurry up Cutler.
    As it has already been mentioned, the defense has bailed him out
    What's it's more important to mention here is that Flacco is the first rookie QB in NFL history to win two play-off games, so this applies to EVERY rookie quarterback before him
    Please somebody stops these drama queens from posting garbage!
    sigpic
    I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Truth is, the jury is still out as to whether Cutler is a WINNER. He's a fine QB. He's also very talented. But can he win big games? Certainly, the defense made the San Diego game un-winnable. But Buffalo was certainly a game that he could have put us over the top. He also fell flat in Carolina.

I'm not doubting him as much as bringing everybody down to earth with all this "franchise QB" talk. The only thing he's done is toss up a ton of yards. But in most of our losses, the O was in a position to win the game and didn't get it done. That largely falls on the QB.

Flacco's gone a long way towards proving that he can win big games. Cutler has proven absolutely nothing.
      Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
      Reading this MB sometimes makes me wonder when Football quit being a TEAM sport.
      I only see the "team" card get pulled when people want to minimize the play of the QB for their own agenda (i.e. "Plummer sucks", Cutler is great, etc.). Football isn't soccer (well, at least in the US it isn't). The QB is the most important guy on the field. If the QB can't get it done, the team will fold. And while great QB play doesn't guarantee a win, QBs who can't play well on the biggest stages will doom their teams to postseason mediocrity or worse.
      Last edited by Lomax; 01-11-2009, 12:00 AM.
      "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Let's look on the bright side, what are VY and that guy from USC (what's his name?) up to these days. Looks like we got lucky with Cutler and how about the games in NY, Cle, Atl?

Comment

Flacco should have won rookie of the year...

but yeah Flacco is doing phenomenal.
          Originally posted by armybroncofan
          ...Remember one thing, the paper tiger is always right ...
          Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. -Tyler Durden [Fight Club]

Comment

Well, to play devils advocate.....Flaco doesn't have B-Marsh, E-Royal, Stokely and Scheff either.

But ya, most QB's would have more wins with that defense. But having that defense doesn't prevent you from staring down WR's, forcing the ball into places you have no business throwing to, and pouting on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by cadencesdad View Post
              Well, to play devils advocate.....Flaco doesn't have B-Marsh, E-Royal, Stokely and Scheff either.

But ya, most QB's would have more wins with that defense. But having that defense doesn't prevent you from staring down WR's, forcing the ball into places you have no business throwing to, and pouting on the field.
              Derick Mason, Mark Clayton, and Todd Heap are not exactly bad..

Comment

Originally posted by cadencesdad View Post

Cutler has to make some risky throws because he knows his D is gonna give up a touchdown if they punt.

Flacco is like eh, let me just chunk this baby deep and see what happens, my defense will hold them to 10 points anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                  Yeah.. how many more playoff games has that 5th year QB in SD have over the rookie in Baltimore??
                  More than Cutler.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Comment

I am sorry fella's... I am not sure that Jay would have won that game. Yeah Jay is a better QB than Flacco at this point. But Jay makes A LOT of mistakes. Flacco played 100% inside of his game plan, he didnt get rattled, he made no mistakes, and he went into a hostile enviornment with everything on the line, and zero margin for error and won the game..... The kid deserves a lot of props. The kid has something special. Now Cutler might also have that something, but he has yet to show it when it matters most
                    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by down_fall View Post
                      I'm not saying, I'm just saying !

Hurry up Cutler.
                      They have a defense we dont... nuff said
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                        I am sorry fella's... I am not sure that Jay would have won that game. Yeah Jay is a better QB than Flacco at this point. But Jay makes A LOT of mistakes. Flacco played 100% inside of his game plan, he didnt get rattled, he made no mistakes, and he went into a hostile enviornment with everything on the line, and zero margin for error and won the game..... The kid deserves a lot of props. The kid has something special. Now Cutler might also have that something, but he has yet to show it when it matters most
                        honestly i think if cutler knew he had a defense he would ease up a bit and know that if nothing is there he can sit back let us punt the ball and let the D get him the ball back for another shot

as it is now we HAVE to score on every drive in order to just be in most games and i think Jay knows that (hes no dummy) so therefor he tries to make too many big plays to keep a drive alive . . . . when nothing is there he forces it because we can NOT punt it away or else the game gets too far out of hand
                        sigpic
                        -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                          honestly i think if cutler knew he had a defense he would ease up a bit and know that if nothing is there he can sit back let us punt the ball and let the D get him the ball back for another shot

as it is now we HAVE to score on every drive in order to just be in most games and i think Jay knows that (hes no dummy) so therefor he tries to make too many big plays to keep a drive alive . . . . when nothing is there he forces it because we can NOT punt it away or else the game gets too far out of hand
                          100% agree... Great post
                          sigpic

Comment

if Cutler had the same D flacco had to lean on wed be 16-0

Comment

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                              if Cutler had the same D flacco had to lean on wed be 16-0
                              Why are you guys so afraid to say that there are QB in this league that are better than Cutler. Is it that big of a deal... hear is another news flash.. Marshall isnt the best WR either, and DJ is a slightly above avg. LB.....

What Flacco has done is impressive. Yeah he has a D, but the guy still has to go out there and not make mistakes. I remember Cutler in his rookie year choking away a game agianst a VERY weak SF team at home to blow a shot at the playoffs. Yet this other rookie in the Div playoff round goes out there and wins a road playoff game agianst a #1 seed. What isnt to like about this guy, that is why he is largly viewed as the best young qb in the league. Cutler needs to do something in the playoffs before you can even talk about him being "special"
                              Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lomax View Post
                                Truth is, the jury is still out as to whether Cutler is a WINNER. He's a fine QB. He's also very talented. But can he win big games? Certainly, the defense made the San Diego game un-winnable. But Buffalo was certainly a game that he could have put us over the top. He also fell flat in Carolina.

I'm not doubting him as much as bringing everybody down to earth with all this "franchise QB" talk. The only thing he's done is toss up a ton of yards. But in most of our losses, the O was in a position to win the game and didn't get it done. That largely falls on the QB.

Flacco's gone a long way towards proving that he can win big games. Cutler has proven absolutely nothing.

I only see the "team" card get pulled when people want to minimize the play of the QB for their own agenda (i.e. "Plummer sucks", Cutler is great, etc.). Football isn't soccer (well, at least in the US it isn't). The QB is the most important guy on the field. If the QB can't get it done, the team will fold. And while great QB play doesn't guarantee a win, QBs who can't play well on the biggest stages will doom their teams to postseason mediocrity or worse.
                                I agree with you. For some of us, Cutler needs some work, but don't dare to say that here about Cutler or Marshall, they will run you out of town on a rail!

I'm pulling to have McDaniels as the new HC. He's the one I see working with Cutler in his abilities to run an offense. He will help him a lot. Cutler has all the tools you cannot teach; he's got a good arm, decent accuracy (could be better there), good pocket passer, can run, can make all the throws, he just can't read complex defenses, especially when they move the safeties around on him

Before anybody here says it...Jeremy Bates? Give me a break!
                                Cutler never got an iota better during any time during the season after making some bonehead mistakes...plus, Bates never showed he could run a consistent game plan on offense. He lacked a good feel for the game, he lacked continuity, no flow at all, and this was with or without a running game, he just got lost in the flow of the game

Any HC coming to Denver would know the defense is the number one thing he has to fix, I don't care if he's defensive minded, offensive minded, or not minded, that's his job; fix the defense!
                                After that, we have a young talented offense for the next 10+ years that would need a good foundation right now. McDaniels is the best bet to keep this offense in the top 5 in the NFL for years to come

Yes, it's a TEAM sport and there's no "I" on team, but Marshall found out there's an "M" on team, for "ME"
                                Marshall is another one we can only hope he'll get his emotions in order and play his game. Too much talent to let his ego ruin it all...
                                Last edited by dragster69; 01-11-2009, 10:15 AM.
                                sigpic
                                I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Working...
                                X