Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rookie QB Joe Flacco more playoff wins/games than Cutler in his first year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JayCutler06
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBolts08' View Post
    I got 2 major problems with Cutler....

A) He bounces probably 5 to 7 passes a game off a defenders chest, he makes bad decisions, and some of it is bad accuracy. Maybe Brett Favre could get away with that early in his carrer, but I have more than a feeling Cutler will throw 20+ INTs next year.

B) He throws rockets to his recievers who are 5yds away, and then yells at them for either dropping it or not reacting fast enough. Meanging he can't put any touch on the ball, and his leadership is questionable at best.

This is the best post in this thread

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied
    Originally posted by draco193 View Post
    Flacco hasnt won these games. In his two playoff starts, he is under 50% fr completion rate, is just under 300 yards, has 1 TD passing. He hasnt had to carry his team. His defense has also only allowed twenty points in those two games. If not for an injured Chris Johnson, and untimely turnovers by the Titans offense, this game probably goes to them.

Flacco only threw 14 TDs this season, and still had 12 picks. He had 11 fumbles. In the three games where he had over 30 pass atteempts, the Ravens were 0-3. Flacco this year was anything but "special".

The preeminent young QBsin this league are Matt Ryan, Phyllis Rivers, Jay Cutler, and Eli Manning. Not Joe Flacco.
    All this is true.... But the only thing that anyone judges QB's on is wins and losses.... What is Flacco's career record compared to Cutlers? What about the playoffs. If stats were the only measuring stick would people view the likes of Mcnabb, and Big ben among the NFL elite QB's? I dont think so.... So no matter what QB's are judged by wins and losses..... Dave Krieg.... Was a QB (and a very good one) for the Seahawks and Chiefs in the 80's and 90's and at the time of his retierment was among the top 5 in most major passing stats... He is still around the top 10... Is he a great qb...no cause he wasnt a winner

Leave a comment:

• SBboundBRONCOS
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBolts08' View Post
    That is a 100% pure biased, orange and blue glasses response. You basicallly just said......na ah.

I have NFL Sunday Ticket, I watched almost every game the Broncos played this year, and every game I watched....KCx2, Miami, Tampa, OAK, NYJ, JAX, etc... and ESPESCIALLY CLEVELAND he made truely horrid decisions. He was lucky not to be picked 20-25 times this year.

I guess you guys just watch a different game than the rest of the world does, but when I see Cutler do a piourette and chuck a ball across the grain in week 17 it tells me how far this kid has to go.
    dude we were down by like 30 at that point . . . he was trying to make something out of nothing

Leave a comment:

• down_fall
    replied
    Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    Why are you guys so afraid to say that there are QB in this league that are better than Cutler. Is it that big of a deal... hear is another news flash.. Marshall isnt the best WR either, and DJ is a slightly above avg. LB.....

What Flacco has done is impressive. Yeah he has a D, but the guy still has to go out there and not make mistakes. I remember Cutler in his rookie year choking away a game agianst a VERY weak SF team at home to blow a shot at the playoffs. Yet this other rookie in the Div playoff round goes out there and wins a road playoff game agianst a #1 seed. What isnt to like about this guy, that is why he is largly viewed as the best young qb in the league. Cutler needs to do something in the playoffs before you can even talk about him being "special"

Leave a comment:

• SuperBolts08'
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    5 to 7 a game off a defenders chest is just flat out wrong. That's 80-112 passes a year. Considering he had 232 incompletions, 30 drops, and 18 picks, no way does he throw that many off a defenders chest. That's just wrong.

And no, he doesn't rocket throws to guys 5 yards a way. I doubt you can find many videos of him throwing unreasonably fast balls to guys 5 yards away unless he actually needs to. Maybe occasionally he does, but you make it sound like it's every time. And I don't give a crap how fast he throws the ball, if it hits you in the hands you better catch it.

The only thing you've said that has any credibility is his leadership skills. They are pretty questionable.
    That is a 100% pure biased, orange and blue glasses response. You basicallly just said......na ah.

I have NFL Sunday Ticket, I watched almost every game the Broncos played this year, and every game I watched....KCx2, Miami, Tampa, OAK, NYJ, JAX, etc... and ESPESCIALLY CLEVELAND he made truely horrid decisions. He was lucky not to be picked 20-25 times this year.

I guess you guys just watch a different game than the rest of the world does, but when I see Cutler do a piourette and chuck a ball across the grain in week 17 it tells me how far this kid has to go.

Leave a comment:

• dragster69
    replied
    Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    so then you see why this is stupid . . . we are asking a 3rd year QB to win games by putting up 30+ points week in and week out . . . its retarded
    We could've been 13-3 this season with a middle of the pack defense.

That's the good thing about the Broncos, we don't need a stingy defense like Pittsburgh or Baltimore, we want a top 15 defense in the league. Obviously you want better than that, but anything within the top 15 will ensure success next year with our offense the way it is, and the possibility of being better as long as Bates got nothing to do with it anymore...

Leave a comment:

• draco193
    replied
    Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    What Flacco has done is impressive. Yeah he has a D, but the guy still has to go out there and not make mistakes. I remember Cutler in his rookie year choking away a game agianst a VERY weak SF team at home to blow a shot at the playoffs. Yet this other rookie in the Div playoff round goes out there and wins a road playoff game agianst a #1 seed. What isnt to like about this guy, that is why he is largly viewed as the best young qb in the league. Cutler needs to do something in the playoffs before you can even talk about him being "special"
    Flacco hasnt won these games. In his two playoff starts, he is under 50% fr completion rate, is just under 300 yards, has 1 TD passing. He hasnt had to carry his team. His defense has also only allowed twenty points in those two games. If not for an injured Chris Johnson, and untimely turnovers by the Titans offense, this game probably goes to them.

Flacco only threw 14 TDs this season, and still had 12 picks. He had 11 fumbles. In the three games where he had over 30 pass atteempts, the Ravens were 0-3. Flacco this year was anything but "special".

The preeminent young QBsin this league are Matt Ryan, Phyllis Rivers, Jay Cutler, and Eli Manning. Not Joe Flacco.

Leave a comment:

• SBboundBRONCOS
    replied
    Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
    Flacco is playing good enough to not lose the game for his team. Sorta like Plummer did when he was in Denver and when we went to the AFC Championship that he eventually stunk up the joint and lost that game for us.
    Also, when Baltimore had Trent Dilfer, that guy couldn't back up anybody in the league outside Baltimore, but he got it done. The only thing asked of him was not to lose the game for the defense
    so then you see why this is stupid . . . we are asking a 3rd year QB to win games by putting up 30+ points week in and week out . . . its retarded

Leave a comment:

• dragster69
    replied
    Flacco is playing good enough to not lose the game for his team. Sorta like Plummer did when he was in Denver and when we went to the AFC Championship that he eventually stunk up the joint and lost that game for us.
    Also, when Baltimore had Trent Dilfer, that guy couldn't back up anybody in the league outside Baltimore, but he got it done. The only thing asked of him was not to lose the game for the defense

Leave a comment:

• gmjones2001
    replied
    Originally posted by dwills#1fan27 View Post
    If Jay C had any sort of D he would be winning playoff games too.
    Exactly.

Leave a comment:

• SBboundBRONCOS
    replied
    Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
    I agree with you. For some of us, Cutler needs some work, but don't dare to say that here about Cutler or Marshall, they will run you out of town on a rail!

I'm pulling to have McDaniels as the new HC. He's the one I see working with Cutler in his abilities to run an offense. He will help him a lot. Cutler has all the tools you cannot teach; he's got a good arm, decent accuracy (could be better there), good pocket passer, can run, can make all the throws, he just can't read complex defenses, especially when they move the safeties around on him
    Before anybody here says it...Jeremy Bates? Give me a break!
    Cutler never got an iota better during any time during the season after making some bonehead mistakes...

Any HC coming to Denver would know the defense is the number one thing he has to fix, I don't care if he's defensive minded, offensive minded, or not minded, that's his job; fix the defense!
    After that, we have a young talented offense for the next 10+ years that would need a good foundation right now. McDaniels is the best bet to keep this oofense in the top 5 in the NFL for years to come

Yes, it's a TEAM sport and there's no "I" on team, but Marshall found out there's an "M" on team, for "ME"
    Marshall is another one we can only hope he'll get his emotions in order and play his game. Too much talent to let his ego ruin it all...
    its not we dont think he needs work because i beleive you can always get better . . . but its just so hard to judge a QB who has to score everytime or else the game is lost

he is not in a position to suceed in this town as it is now, and it really sucks because if we had even a little semi d on this team or a ST unit that could manage 1-2 times a game to get the ball passed the 30 yard line we would not be having this stupid conversation because we would be in the playoffs and winning games

Leave a comment:

• dragster69
    replied
    Originally posted by Lomax View Post
    Truth is, the jury is still out as to whether Cutler is a WINNER. He's a fine QB. He's also very talented. But can he win big games? Certainly, the defense made the San Diego game un-winnable. But Buffalo was certainly a game that he could have put us over the top. He also fell flat in Carolina.

I'm not doubting him as much as bringing everybody down to earth with all this "franchise QB" talk. The only thing he's done is toss up a ton of yards. But in most of our losses, the O was in a position to win the game and didn't get it done. That largely falls on the QB.

Flacco's gone a long way towards proving that he can win big games. Cutler has proven absolutely nothing.

I only see the "team" card get pulled when people want to minimize the play of the QB for their own agenda (i.e. "Plummer sucks", Cutler is great, etc.). Football isn't soccer (well, at least in the US it isn't). The QB is the most important guy on the field. If the QB can't get it done, the team will fold. And while great QB play doesn't guarantee a win, QBs who can't play well on the biggest stages will doom their teams to postseason mediocrity or worse.
    I agree with you. For some of us, Cutler needs some work, but don't dare to say that here about Cutler or Marshall, they will run you out of town on a rail!

I'm pulling to have McDaniels as the new HC. He's the one I see working with Cutler in his abilities to run an offense. He will help him a lot. Cutler has all the tools you cannot teach; he's got a good arm, decent accuracy (could be better there), good pocket passer, can run, can make all the throws, he just can't read complex defenses, especially when they move the safeties around on him

Before anybody here says it...Jeremy Bates? Give me a break!
    Cutler never got an iota better during any time during the season after making some bonehead mistakes...plus, Bates never showed he could run a consistent game plan on offense. He lacked a good feel for the game, he lacked continuity, no flow at all, and this was with or without a running game, he just got lost in the flow of the game

Any HC coming to Denver would know the defense is the number one thing he has to fix, I don't care if he's defensive minded, offensive minded, or not minded, that's his job; fix the defense!
    After that, we have a young talented offense for the next 10+ years that would need a good foundation right now. McDaniels is the best bet to keep this offense in the top 5 in the NFL for years to come

Yes, it's a TEAM sport and there's no "I" on team, but Marshall found out there's an "M" on team, for "ME"
    Marshall is another one we can only hope he'll get his emotions in order and play his game. Too much talent to let his ego ruin it all...
    Last edited by dragster69; 01-11-2009, 10:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied
    Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
    if Cutler had the same D flacco had to lean on wed be 16-0
    Why are you guys so afraid to say that there are QB in this league that are better than Cutler. Is it that big of a deal... hear is another news flash.. Marshall isnt the best WR either, and DJ is a slightly above avg. LB.....

Leave a comment:

• captainbronco
    replied
    if Cutler had the same D flacco had to lean on wed be 16-0

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    honestly i think if cutler knew he had a defense he would ease up a bit and know that if nothing is there he can sit back let us punt the ball and let the D get him the ball back for another shot

as it is now we HAVE to score on every drive in order to just be in most games and i think Jay knows that (hes no dummy) so therefor he tries to make too many big plays to keep a drive alive . . . . when nothing is there he forces it because we can NOT punt it away or else the game gets too far out of hand
    100% agree... Great post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X