Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver narrows list of head-coaching candidates

I just read this, and wanted to see the thoughts of everyone:

From what I’m hearing, the Broncos loved New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, who seems to be formulating his staff, including Dom Capers as his defensive coordinator. The Broncos will not take much more time and will make a decision in the next week.
    An interesting piece of intel that Mike Lombardi is hearing about Dom Capers as DC. That would almost certainly signal a shift to a 30 front scheme
    Josh McDaniels
    72.73%
    Leslie Frazier
    27.27%

that would be interesting... I personally would like it... :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by SportHess View Post
      I just read this, and wanted to see the thoughts of everyone:

From what I’m hearing, the Broncos loved New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, who seems to be formulating his staff, including Dom Capers as his defensive coordinator. The Broncos will not take much more time and will make a decision in the next week.
      An interesting piece of intel that Mike Lombardi is hearing about Dom Capers as DC. That would almost certainly signal a shift to a 30 front scheme

Well, Capers is a good Defensive Coach
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Eh. I'm not a fan of McDaniels unless he doesn't boot Bates and Dennison. I'm not a Dom Capers fan whatsoever. I could see that turning sour.

Comment

I'm still not willing to believe Lombardi. In any case, so far all the defensive guys we've interviewed have been 4-3 guys and I don't think it's a coincidence. So to bring in Capers wouldn't make much sense.
          sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

I'm not BSing here when I say that the name Dom Capers entered my thoughts this morning. He was a very good DC for Pitt and I wouldn't mind that combo one bit!
            " A kickers success is dependent upon his teams failure"...by SorryAss ChargerFans

Comment

Please don't make it look like it's official with such a title. Even though I am afraid you are right (read the piece myself an hour ago or so), I want to keep my hopes up for Spagnuolo

Comment

I wouldnt be terribly upset about that at all. If McDaniels could get Tom "Were only gonna score 17 points ha-ha-ha-ha" Brady to throw 50 TDs then make Matt Cassell into a pretty damn good QB over the course of 1 season, imagine what he could do with a QB with more phyiscal capability then both? That's an exciting thought.

As for Capers, great DC, not a great HC, so why not? Defense cant possibly get any worse.

Comment

I don't think there are any front runners for the job. First it was Spagnuolo then it was McDaniels and supposedly someone is reporting that it is Morris as the front runner.

I would be excited if it is McDaniels. He knows both sides of the ball and would help Cutler become a better quarterback. The defensive scheme doesn't matter as long as the defense improves. They would have some work to do if they switch to a 3-4 defense though.

I wonder if the other candidates already have an idea of who they want to bring in on their staffs.
                  My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

As an advocate of both McDaniels and switching to a 3-4, this would be a great scenario. I would still prefer Mike Nolan as a DC, but Capers would be able to assist McDaniels in the transition from coordinator to HC.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

This would suck

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                        This would suck
                        Why would this suck, McDaniel will put our offense over the top and Capers is a proven defensive coach.

I want, I need, I gotta have a DC who attacks the line of scrimmage and blitzes relentlessly, Capers is that guy.

Screw Raheem Morris and the Tampa 2, I hate the "bend but don't break defense"

Bring in Capers, give it at least 2 full seasons and see what happens, I feel real good about this sceario!

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
                          As an advocate of both McDaniels and switching to a 3-4, this would be a great scenario. I would still prefer Mike Nolan as a DC, but Capers would be able to assist McDaniels in the transition from coordinator to HC.
                          i heard nolan took the DC job in green bay?

Comment

Capers does run an attack D right?

I can't remember!

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                              Capers does run an attack D right?

I can't remember!
                              Yes, he's known for his 3-4 blitzing scheme in Pittsburgh, however, he's also no stranger to using 4 down linemen. Regardless of formation, he will create pressure.

Comment

Working...
                              X