Denver narrows list of head-coaching candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    ...and it isn't even close. Roughly 7 times better.....

McDaniels/McDermott are better than any possible realistic combination we could have gotten.

McDaniels brings us an aggressive offense trying to score.....

McDermott brings us an aggressive defense trying to score....

These 2 coaches are among the brightest young minds on their respective sides of the ball. Not to mention they both started out in scouting....

Get it done Bowlen!

If we get MCDermott, this is an AMAZING hire.....
    Amen Brotha! I now have something to be proud of of Denver besides our Great offense and I really hope he can turn around our Defense!

Comment

Honestly, I initially wanted McDaniels. Then I started hated McDaniels and had a mancrush on Spagnuolo. I even had a weird dream that I was at the interview, and Bowlen yelled at me "to go in the bathroom and get some tea".... weird I know.

Then I waffled back to McDaniels and got to a point where I didn't care.

I just like playing Devil's advocate half the time, especially to people putting down other coaches.

To me, this is like getting the best of both worlds.

McDaniels with an aggressive OC, and a Spagnuolo peer under Jimmy Johnson and pressure defense.
      This is something that I was really excited about. Spags and McD were both up and coming coaches from their sides of the ball.

But hey guys, if you're still worried about defense, at least rest with the fact that Slowik will not be back next season.

Comment

McDaniels with an aggressive OC, and a Spagnuolo peer under Jimmy Johnson and pressure defense.

Hmm I did not know he was a peer under Jimmy Johnson.... Did not know this at all... Very interesting.

Comment

• Of course,

unless we actually draft and sign some PLAYERS we will still suck.

The best DC in the world can't win without players.
          sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

...and it isn't even close. Roughly 7 times better.....

McDaniels/McDermott are better than any possible realistic combination we could have gotten.

McDaniels brings us an aggressive offense trying to score.....

McDermott brings us an aggressive defense trying to score....

These 2 coaches are among the brightest young minds on their respective sides of the ball. Not to mention they both started out in scouting....

Get it done Bowlen!

If we get MCDermott, this is an AMAZING hire.....
            I thought you said you didn't like McDaniels offensive style???

Comment

• McDaniels Wants McDermont

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...nts-mcdermott/
              McDANIELS WANTS McDERMOTT
              Posted by Mike Florio on January 11, 2009, 9:46 p.m. EST
              One of the burning questions for Broncos fans in the wake of the news that Pats offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels will replace Mike Shanahan as head coach is this: “Hey, we thought it was our defense that sucked?”

Though owner Pat Bowlen opted not to hire a defensive-minded coach to beef up a unit that has underachieved for years, McDaniels plans to address that side of the ball by pursuing Eagles secondary coach Sean McDermott as the team’s next defensive coordinator.

McDermott’s name surfaced recently as a surprise candidate for the vacant defensive coordinator position in Green Bay.

But Mort points out that McDermott remains under contract for another year, which means that the Eagles can block him from leaving for anything other than a head-coaching job.

Moreover, the fact that the Eagles are still playing games makes McDermott completely off limits, possibly through February 1.

Comment

• Already posted. But yeah, I don't see why the Eagles would let him leave...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                  Already posted. But yeah, I don't see why the Eagles would let him leave...

hahahahaha creepy looking..thats not very nice
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                    Already posted. But yeah, I don't see why the Eagles would let him leave...
                    no reason to stop him either. If he wants to leave for a promotion and they refused, what would that bring to the team in the form of morale and chemistry?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam24 View Post
                      http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...nts-mcdermott/
                      McDANIELS WANTS McDERMOTT
                      Posted by Mike Florio on January 11, 2009, 9:46 p.m. EST
                      One of the burning questions for Broncos fans in the wake of the news that Pats offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels will replace Mike Shanahan as head coach is this: “Hey, we thought it was our defense that sucked?”

Though owner Pat Bowlen opted not to hire a defensive-minded coach to beef up a unit that has underachieved for years, McDaniels plans to address that side of the ball by pursuing Eagles secondary coach Sean McDermott as the team’s next defensive coordinator.

McDermott’s name surfaced recently as a surprise candidate for the vacant defensive coordinator position in Green Bay.

But Mort points out that McDermott remains under contract for another year, which means that the Eagles can block him from leaving for anything other than a head-coaching job.

Moreover, the fact that the Eagles are still playing games makes McDermott completely off limits, possibly through February 1.
                      They could talk with him next week but not offer a job til they are done playing.
                      sigpic

Comment

• I think Sean McDermott is a long shot and probably not gonna happen. In all honesty though I'm pulling for Romeo Crennel.

I'd take Crennel over Capers,McDermott,Etc...

Crennel was a weak head coach but a proven defensive coordinator plus there'd be chemistry within the coaching staff with Crennel.

Comment

• Originally posted by lancane View Post
                          If you had a Porsche that was still in pretty good condition, that was your baby infact...would you hand the keys to your 16 yr. old son who just got his drivers license just because you liked his enthusiasm? Hell no...some kids are more responsible then others. Plus look at the deeper history of Tomlin and other rookie coaches...they have more history then Morris as well.

Sorry but Morris would be a mistake in my honest opinion...a huge one.

first off the broncos are not a porshe. they might drive fast at times but have no air bags,no bumbers,no rearview mirrors. The broncos are a acura with no safety features so no i would not give the keys to that car to just any old 16 year old. at the same time I would know how i would raised my kid so i can trust him or her with the keys. it all depends who raised that 16 year old. Morris has been coached under monte kiffen, not a bad defensive mind. I don't think kiffen hires slugs under him so I have to trust the Morris has a clue.

I think the overreaction is unwarrented. I knew we wouldn't sign Morris because of his inexperience but i wouldn't have been disappointed either if we would have.
                          Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Working...
                          X