Offense wasn't that good this year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offense wasn't that good this year.

You guys act like this was the best offense in NFL history.

They weren't that good, they underachieved and when the defense was holding up they couldn't do their part and SCORE.

Example: Defense gets a rare, VERY rare turnover then offense gets it and Cutler throws an INT(hehe, what's new?)

If the offense played well when the defense wasn't costing us the game we would have won an extra 2 to 3 games.

Bottom line: Cutler is an overrated loser who won't get anywhere on this Broncos team. Hopefully the new coach has some sense in him and goes find a real QB like Tim Tebow! (just kidding tim tebow sucks more than cutler)

I think you're wrong about Cutler, but you are right in that the offense isn't nearly as good as some people make it out to be. The offense is average and inconsistent in the one thing that matters the most to an offense, and that's scoring.

The Saints had the number one offense and were number one in scoring. The Broncos were number two on offense but were number sixteen in scoring. Racking up the yards doesn't do you any good if you're not going to rack up the points.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I'm going to refer you to my thread over here where you can clearly see Jay Cutler is far from a loser http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...09#post2523709

Second, how can you possibly say the offense underachieved? The Broncos finished second in the league in total yards per game. Whose second place you ask? That would be The New Orleans Saints whose Quarterback had one of the best seasons of all time, nearly breaking Dan Marino's single season passing record. They were 3rd in the league in passing, behind the Saints and Cardinals; the Cardinals by the way probably have the best 1-2 receiver combo in the entire league with Fitzgerald and Boldin. In rush offense the broncos were 12th in the league despite sending SEVEN running backs to the IR, that deserves a round of applause for whoever is calling the plays because despite losing SEVEN running backs the Broncos had a good run game.
      http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=30412676
      MMO Football Game

I like McDaniels, he will be a good coach. Just not for this team. Belichick needed his Cleveland stint to become the coach he is now and McDaniels is showing the same signs.

Comment

He's definitely not a "loser" but our offense really did under perform. I think those first few games of the season skewed our perception of the offense.

Comment

Originally posted by down_fall View Post

They weren't that good, they underachieved and when the defense was holding up they couldn't do their part and SCORE.

Example: Defense gets a rare, VERY rare turnover then offense gets it and Cutler throws an INT(hehe, what's new?)

If the offense played well when the defense wasn't costing us the game we would have won an extra 2 to 3 games.

Bottom line: Cutler is an overrated loser who won't get anywhere on this Broncos team. Hopefully the new coach has some sense in him and goes find a real QB like Tim Tebow! (just kidding tim tebow sucks more than cutler)
          Would someone pleaseeeeeeeeeee ban this imposter.
          sigpic

Comment

The Broncos offense wasn't that good this year!

... yeah... they totally could have been better if they'd been second in the league... or first...

You want to talk about scoring, but don't want to talk about how we scored when we actually had a full, healthy roster of running backs. Funny how that works.

Now don't go away mad. Just go away.
            In Manning I trust.

Comment

Great logic.

You sound like Mike Shanahan complimenting the defense for making great plays to keep them in the game after giving up 35+ points.

Brilliant.

Comment

1 hour to go before the Chargers game is on and you're hangin out on a Broncos board?

Comment

What is wrong with what he said? Our offense really wasn't that great. I am sorry but when you finish 16th in scoring after finishing second in yards there is a problem. Whether that be no talent at the RB position or something else then there is a problem.

As for Cutler, yeah the kid did do some great things this year, but he also did some really dumb things. Until he can play on a more consistant basis he isn't up there with the likes of Brady, Manning, and Rivers (Yeah I said Rivers. He has his team 2 wins away from the SB.) Look I think the world of Cutler and his ablilities, and I still think is the our QB of the future. I am also wondering if we have a few more years like this year are we all still going to think that. Bottom line the kid still has a ways to go.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealMoose View Post
                    ... yeah... they totally could have been better if they'd been second in the league... or first...

You want to talk about scoring, but don't want to talk about how we scored when we actually had a full, healthy roster of running backs. Funny how that works.

Now don't go away mad. Just go away.
                    The OP tells the truth. Our offense got a lot of yards but had a middle of the pack efficiency. We marched, marched, marched into enemy territory but did not score. And don't blame just the running back injuries, we suffered a lot of turnovers and missed field goals.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosojia View Post
                      Would someone pleaseeeeeeeeeee ban this imposter.
                      I second that

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Texan View Post
                        What is wrong with what he said? Our offense really wasn't that great. I am sorry but when you finish 16th in scoring after finishing second in yards there is a problem. Whether that be no talent at the RB position or something else then there is a problem.

As for Cutler, yeah the kid did do some great things this year, but he also did some really dumb things. Until he can play on a more consistant basis he isn't up there with the likes of Brady, Manning, and Rivers (Yeah I said Rivers. He has his team 2 wins away from the SB.) Look I think the world of Cutler and his ablilities, and I still think is the our QB of the future. I am also wondering if we have a few more years like this year are we all still going to think that. Bottom line the kid still has a ways to go.
                        You're right. WE did have a problem. We had an injury problem. When you HAVE to throw in the red zone because you have no alternatives, you've got MAJOR PROBLEMS.
                        In Manning I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealMoose View Post
                          You're right. WE did have a problem. We had an injury problem. When you HAVE to throw in the red zone because you have no alternatives, you've got MAJOR PROBLEMS.
                          Injury excuse, of course!

It's as simple as that.

Comment

Injury excuse, of course!

It's as simple as that.
                            You're right. WE should just overcome having every single running back going on IR. Should be no problem.

What a moron.
                            In Manning I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                              The OP tells the truth. Our offense got a lot of yards but had a middle of the pack efficiency. We marched, marched, marched into enemy territory but did not score. And don't blame just the running back injuries, we suffered a lot of turnovers and missed field goals.
                              while this is very true how much of it is actually Cutlers fault. Really was it his fault he had no RB who could punch it in.. every D knew we were throwing the ball and built a game plan around it. When we had a stable of RB during the begining of the season were we not winning....

Comment

Working...
                              X