Offense wasn't that good this year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
    while this is very true how much of it is actually Cutlers fault. Really was it his fault he had no RB who could punch it in.. every D knew we were throwing the ball and built a game plan around it. When we had a stable of RB during the begining of the season were we not winning....
    We WERE winning at the start of the season, with a healthy stable of backs. More than that, we were SCORING at the start of the season, ESPECIALLY in the red zone. But discussing injuries as if they'd actually make a difference is insane to some folks, evidently. You know, since our offense "sucks."
    In Manning I trust.

Comment

I agree the offense was not really that good. Sure we had alot of yards and have an abundance of talent but the offense struggles to score and in many cases had to settle for field goal attempts. I credit this to a lack of a consistent running threat, which we do not have and by mistakes made by Cutler. Cutler is not a loser and is a great talent with lots of potential but make no mistake that is all he is at this point. I think a explosive running back and reading the defense better will eventually make him a great QB. In summation the offense needs a talented RB and a TE like Sharpe that can stay healthy, which will allow this offense to score point and not just rack up a bunch of yards. I stated earlier this year that it means nothing to gain yardage from goal line to goal line and not be able to score TDs which was my arguement in last years draft for a talented back but we ended up with Torain.

Comment

Regardless of the injuries, our team over the past few years has had trouble in the redzone and has had a knack for falling apart during the second half of the season. So it's not just due to one thing but the RB injuries definitely exacerbated the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealMoose View Post
          We WERE winning at the start of the season, with a healthy stable of backs. More than that, we were SCORING at the start of the season, ESPECIALLY in the red zone. But discussing injuries as if they'd actually make a difference is insane to some folks, evidently. You know, since our offense "sucks."
          We were scoring the first three weeks. We didn't lose Selvin and Hall until week 5. And we didn't lose Pittman until week 9. So it must have been something other then losing the backs.

Comment

Our offense was pretty darn good considering these facts.
            1. 7 running backs went to IR
            2. Our Defense could not catch a cold.
            3. We had a starting position around the 17 yard line. Bottom 20 NFL.
            4. Everyone knew we had to throw, it was no surprise and no balance.
            5. Being second in total yards shows that Jay and the O can move the ball.
            6. Near impossible to score in the Red Zone when you have no legit RB or running game.
            7. Horrid special teams like 26th overall in the NFL.
            8. Did I say horrible defense?

Comment

Originally posted by ormester View Post
              Our offense was pretty darn good considering these facts.
              1. 7 running backs went to IR
              2. Our Defense could not catch a cold.
              3. We had a starting position around the 17 yard line. Bottom 20 NFL.
              4. Everyone knew we had to throw, it was no surprise and no balance.
              5. Being second in total yards shows that Jay and the O can move the ball.
              6. Near impossible to score in the Red Zone when you have no legit RB or running game.
              7. Horrid special teams like 26th overall in the NFL.
              8. Did I say horrible defense?
              Well said. Number 6 was particularly astute.
              In Manning I trust.

Comment

are we considering Young, Hall and Pittman solid running backs in the NFL? Hall and Young give the football away almost once each every game. Pittman is an ok back, good on short yards or passes from the Backfield. He does not scare anyone. Hillis looked great but we only had 2 and a half games with him.

Our team had to drive 80 yards or so to get a score on almost every drive. That is near impossible in today's NFL.

Comment

Ormester,
                  I agree with your point but we have no viable back before they were injured! Some on this board argue about taking a back first round because of the risk of injury, because we already have good backs, and defenseive woes. I say this if we take a back early I for one would be happy because we currently have a bunch of undrafted late round backs but nothing special. I think with a talented back this offense will be able to score more point in the redzone. This thread was not about the defensive woes which I think will have to be largely adressed in free agency to see a major difference but was about the #2 offensive ranking being misleading. #2 in yardage but #16 in scoring which to me is sad!

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealMoose View Post
                    Well said. Number 6 was particularly astute.
                    That picture of Rivers is kinda creepy.
                    sigpic

Comment

C'mon now guys. Why is it every single time someone makes a post like this clearly with no other intention other then to stir up **** everyone allows just that?

Comment

Originally posted by down_fall View Post
                        You guys act like this was the best offense in NFL history.

They weren't that good, they underachieved and when the defense was holding up they couldn't do their part and SCORE.

Example: Defense gets a rare, VERY rare turnover then offense gets it and Cutler throws an INT(hehe, what's new?)

If the offense played well when the defense wasn't costing us the game we would have won an extra 2 to 3 games.

Bottom line: Cutler is an overrated loser who won't get anywhere on this Broncos team. Hopefully the new coach has some sense in him and goes find a real QB like Tim Tebow! (just kidding tim tebow sucks more than cutler)
                        What kind of example is that? That's not even an actual situation clipped from an actual game.....that's like saying LT is no good...Rivers hands him the ball and he gets tackled for a loss...."Oh yeah, I remember that play..."

What games are you speaking about when the offense didn't get it done...but the defense held up? They had 4 games all season they could have won scoring less than 20 points and they beat Tampa, KC, NY Jets, and the Raiders.....every other game they had to score 25 points minimal...

That's some solid D alright.
                        "Badger my a$$ it's probably Milhouse...."

Comment

Originally posted by down_fall View Post
                          You guys act like this was the best offense in NFL history.

They weren't that good, they underachieved and when the defense was holding up they couldn't do their part and SCORE.

Example: Defense gets a rare, VERY rare turnover then offense gets it and Cutler throws an INT(hehe, what's new?)

If the offense played well when the defense wasn't costing us the game we would have won an extra 2 to 3 games.

Bottom line: Cutler is an overrated loser who won't get anywhere on this Broncos team. Hopefully the new coach has some sense in him and goes find a real QB like Tim Tebow! (just kidding tim tebow sucks more than cutler)
                          it was great it was just inconsistent....but as you saw and everybody else saw at times there was brilliance on the offensive end so obviously we have the pieces to be the best in the league for years to come ...youth and inconsistency comes hand in hand.....perfect example the defense is full of old veterans and they were consistently horrible lol the thing is you expect the offense to have scored EVERY time they got the ball and thats juts not gonna happen not yet at least....what about all the times the offense scored and the defense just let the other team walk down the field like cake and tie or take the lead...we can spin this any way you want
                          Last edited by Justblaze2729; 01-11-2009, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Oh yes, it's good to have another 'Cutler sucks' thread... we only had 398 during the last two weeks...
                            sigpic

BRING BACK ORANGE!!

Comment

Working...
                            X