Favre Vs Elway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favre Vs Elway

I've seen a lot of "all time great qurterback" polls, but one caught my attention in particular. It was on nfluk.com and it put Elway in as second and Favre in as first. Now in my personal opinion not just as a broncos fan i think Elway is the better quarterback. I know Favre has been playing with a thumb injury, but i haven't been very impressed. he seems to throw it to hard a lot of the time. And i haven't seen him make a lot of on target passes. He seemed to through a lot of passes behind the recievers in his last game.
    Now don't get me wrong i am in no way playing down Favre, no thats not what i'm doing, i still think he's a great quarterback but i just want to point out between them i believe Elway should be the all time great rather than Favre.
    I would like to hear your views.
    Elway
    86.11%
    Favre
    13.89%
    Please God don't let the Pats win the Superbowl!! AGAIN

Dude, you are going to start a debate worse than the Terrell Davis Priest Holmes one going on...................hehehehe

OF COURSE ITS JOHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brett is second IMHO, but I only like Brett cause his style reminds me of John (gritty, tough, elusive, scary, never quit)

But who beat who in the SB??????? (and we were 17 point underdogs mind you)

Comment

Man.....I used to hate Brett Favre but I think he is one of the best.

Favre is not a scrambler. What Elway did when he was know as a scrambler....they compared him to Fran Tarkenton (sp?). Now and these days, a scrambling QB is common. So I give this plus to Elway.

John Elway vs. Joe Montana....now that's another argument!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
      2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyAsian

wow...2 different qb's. stats favor elway, but SB's favor montana. ... ahh, i'll quit now. it's gonna get ugly

elway and favre? whew... tough one. i like elway cause i'm a broncos/elway fan. packers fans will pick favre over elway every time.

Comment

The major difference is that Favre had to do it with nothing where Elway always had pretty good team around him.
          Denver had 2 non .500 seasons during his tenure. This doesnt mean Denver was that good only because of Elway but because they had other good players as well.

If your talking passing Favre.
          If your talking scrambleing Elway.
          If your talking leadership un-measurable.

Remember that Favre went to the team that drafted him, the Atlanta Falcons. So for that reason and that reason alone I would go with Favre because he wanted to play football nomatter who it was for he has a love for the game.
          Never take life seriously.
          Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

I'll tell you what...BOTH Favre and Elway can dart that ball and no other QB can do that......Vick is close but it's not a speeding bullet like them two.

Comment

Originally posted by LLChiefsFan
              Remember that Favre went to the team that drafted him, the Atlanta Falcons. So for that reason and that reason alone I would go with Favre because he wanted to play football nomatter who it was for he has a love for the game.
              And Elway would have played for the Yankees if he'd have gone to the team that drafted him. Yankees drafted Elway about 6 months before the Colts.

The reason Elway didn't want to play for the Colts is that he knew he'd have an absolutely abyssmal career and retire after 10 years with little or nothing to show for it. He was very shrewd to avoid the Colts like the diseased team they were!

Comment

LOL are you serious?

Elway no contest.

Comment

Definitely Elway.

Besides the fact that I am a Broncos fan, starting during Elway's career, I still have to go with Elway. I have never really liked Favre, though I have to admit that he is good. However, Favre just always seemed like a wimp to me, though he can throw the ball.

Elway was just awesome. There is no other way to describe it. Every time I saw that man come onto the field, I knew I was in for a show. No matter what was going on, he could make something good happen. Though he didn't win too many SBs, he was still just amazing to watch.

Also, Elway and Favre played against each other in the SB once. We all remember what happened that year, right?
                  Thanks for the memories, John. We will always remember you.

You look great in Canton! Perhaps I'll get to see you some day...

Comment

Just them two in this debate?......John hands down.....you should of picked a different q-back for john to go against in this debate.....(Montana,Bradshaw,Staubach,Star,Kelly.. lol..,Tarkenton,)..whoever Elway is the best all time...IMO....

Comment

Good debate question.

I will go with Elway. He was arguably the most important player to his team since he started his career in Denver. Big statement - but true.

Now, it is always easier to look back & remember the best of a player & forget the bad. Elway had a tendency to throw into any coverage & he cost the Broncos some games. On the other hand, he won far more than he lost, and he brought home the SB hardware twice!

Brett Favvrrraaee is a great QB & even better competitor. Does that man ever get hurt? Canon for an arm, smart, he can get your offense out of a jam. Definitely HOF material. But no John Elway

Comment

Elway beat Farvre....
                        Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyAsian
                          That's what I was going to say...Joe Montana would take a close second in my list of quarterbacks. I'd still put Favre in the top 10 of all time, but certainly not second.
                          Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

Michael Bishop? Who da heck? Was he the Kansas State QB?

Comment

Elway all the way
                              JetBoatRich

Comment

Working...
                              X