Superstitions and Jinx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superstitions and Jinx

Does anyone here have any superstitions, or rituals that you follow before or during a game?

Is there a special shirt or jersey you wear for every game, or dont wear cause they lost when you did?

Do you set up your "watching station" a certain way for every game?

My big thing is not talking smack, I honestly feel that if I personally talk to much smack about my team (any team of mine) I jinx them. So I keep my mouth shut until after the game.

I just thought it might be neat to hear about peoples little quirks.

I don't get too ****y when we have a sizable 1st half lead because it seems like when I do, we play relaxed in the 2nd half and let the opponent back into the game.

Comment

Originally posted by FootballFan
      I have a special power. I'm about 90% correct about picking up the winner. I have a very good feeling about the Chiefs this Sunday. I think they will win a close game.

Chiefs 31
      Denver 28 (time runs out).
      Thats not what this thread is for................................dam it all to he!!..................I dont care who you route for, I want to know if you do something the same way everytime you route for them.

Comment

I wear my blue jean shirt with the Chiefs logo on it to work on Friday and my Chiefs Sweatshirt on Sunday as I watch the game on TV or follow it on the Internet. This week will be no different, I will were my blue shirt on Friday at work and listen to all the Bronco fans give me grief and will wear my sweatshirt to the game at Invesco this Sunday except I will probably be wearing a Chiefs heavy jacket and Chiefs ball cap and hope that it does not throw off the vibes.
        Never take life seriously.
        Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

In 01, I used to order pizza from Pizza Hut....then the Broncos started to lose....I started to order Dominos and they ended up winning and went to the playoffs.

After getting beat by Baltimore, I stop ordering pizza completely.

There is this one deal...when I have this friend of mines come over and watch football with me this year...broncos LOSE...those game were Chiefs I, Baltimore, Patriots, and then the Bears.....so he's not invited this weekend!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
          2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Re: Superstitions and Jinx

Nope and don't beleive in it

Originally posted by orangenblue420
            Does anyone here have any superstitions, or rituals that you follow before or during a game?

Is there a special shirt or jersey you wear for every game, or dont wear cause they lost when you did?

Do you set up your "watching station" a certain way for every game?

My big thing is not talking smack, I honestly feel that if I personally talk to much smack about my team (any team of mine) I jinx them. So I keep my mouth shut until after the game.

I just thought it might be neat to hear about peoples little quirks.

Comment

i can't wear any bronco clothes or hats or we'll lose.... very sad, b/c i always get excited during a game and think THIS TIME IS DIFFERENT and then throw on my hat or sweatshirt, only to become furious within seconds and start stripping. Other than that, i have to watch the games at home as well, not just b/c of the stripping factor, but b/c every time i've watched them out we've lost. What else? If i lay down on the couch we start playing poorly. apparently the broncos can feel my getting lazy, and it affects their performance. haha. Oh, and left fingers always crossed.
              Orange/Blue Girl in L.A.

Comment

I never bet on the Broncos everytime i have we lost. So im goin bet on the Chiefs this sunday )
                97-DenverBroncos-98

Comment

Man...coming from Texas, people think I'm a sellout because I'm a Broncos fan....so I don't own any broncos shirt (until recently!...thanks SH!)

Comment

Originally posted by L.B-7
                    I never bet on the Broncos everytime i have we lost. So im goin bet on the Chiefs this sunday )
                    I don't really look at it as a superstition but I don't bet on the Broncos anymore, either.

I lost $20000 in Puerto Vallarta on SBXXI. It's not like I have the delusion that anything I do will have an effect. It's just that I don't feel like losing my ASS again. That's a lot of pesos, my friend!

Comment

man..that's some serious cash to lose! I would cry if I lose that much money!

Comment

Any rituals or celebrations that they perform before, during or after a game?

Does anyone here have any rituals or celebrations that they perform before, during or after a game?

We started doing this when I lived in Denver and have followed it for more than 25 years.

Whenever the Broncos SCORE we ALL have a shot of tequila. The bigger the game, the better quality tequila.

I think that there is some sort of celebration for when the Broncos win the game, too but nobody seems to remember what it is.

;-)

Comment

Just curious, are you afraid that the Broncos will never score another TD if you don't fire down a shot of El Patron? Oh wait, my mistake, you said tradition not superstition... nevermind

Comment

Hey now...Ard staterd a pretty good thread...

I would eat a nice big breakfast before noon (before kickoff in CMT) and then before the game start I would make sure my house is cleaned.

Comment

Denver 27
                              Chiefs 23

Dante Hall gets pushed out of bound on a kickoff with no time remaining on the 1!

Comment

Working...
                              X