Superstitions and Jinx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrazyAsian
    Hey now...Ard staterd a pretty good thread...

I would eat a nice big breakfast before noon (before kickoff in CMT) and then before the game start I would make sure my house is cleaned.
    Is that what YOU do or what your MOM does?

Just kidding!!! I couldn't resist!!!

;-)

Comment

I wear my Broncos T-shirt or sweatshirt (depending on the weather), pull out my Broncos football and set it in the place of honor on top of the entertainment center and make sure to water my piece of 'old Mile High' stadium grass my son sent me when the field was torn up. GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

I always wear the Broncos jersey I wore on Super bowl XXXIII for good luck. It has an elway pin, but its a td jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyAsian
          Hey now...Ard staterd a pretty good thread...

I would eat a nice big breakfast before noon (before kickoff in CMT) and then before the game start I would make sure my house is cleaned.
          Sorry in advance...

I can see it now, CA sitting down to a big plate of grits at the Waffle House while they work on his "house" next door at the carwash. "Hey, make sure you empty the ashtray this time!"

I'm kidding, I know you don't live in your car (do you?)

My only ritual is standing up for all kickoffs. Don't know why, although maybe it's like really being at the game.

Comment

I'm teaching my two year old to yell "Run the damn ball!" I think she's finally getting it.

Other than that the only ritual I have is to make sure I'm home 5 minutes before kickoff and is it on free cable or is it gonna cost me a finsky.
            Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

I've heard of the "Loonie" you guys use up there, but a "finsky"?

Comment

Originally posted by LawDog
                I've heard of the "Loonie" you guys use up there, but a "finsky"?
                If the game isn't on free cable, i can par per view it for 5 bucks.
                Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

I have a hat that I used to wear during Broncos games. I've since retired it because we've lost every time I've worn it.

For the San Diego game two weeks ago, I had a Plummer jersey on to honor his return. We won that game easily, so I decided to wear it for the Bears game. Oops...

I'm not sure what to wear now.
                  Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

Working...
                  X