Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fair to say so long to our running game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
    In 2007, when the Patriots weren't breaking in a Nobody at QB, the Patriots had 586 pass/451 run ratio, their leading rusher had a whopping 185 carries in 13 games. If you watch the Patriots much you know that a significant amount of their Runs come by way of the draw from the shotgun.

It's a legitimate concern for those of us who want to see more from the offense than the Arena Football League BS.......
    If that Arena Football offense scored 500 points next year would you complain?
    visit the best website on earth

Critical Table

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogRed View Post
      If that Arena Football offense scored 500 points next year would you complain?
      Load and clear! Fat, steamy load of good it does when you need to run the ball.

I F'n hate the Spread Offense.......

Comment

Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
        we've got two of the leagues most pass oriented playcallers. great.
        who cares? i don't care if they run the ball in, catch the ball in, walk backwards in, belly-flop in or crab-crawl in...

just as long as they make it in more than the other team every game.

all we need is a decent balance. an actual WORKING running game. we don't need to be elite, we don't need to beg Davis to come out of retirement...

we just need a compliment to keep the defense on their toes...

keeping our current list or RB's healthy would solve this issue.
        sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Load and clear! Fat, steamy load of good it does when you need to run the ball.

I F'n hate the Spread Offense.......
          Fair enough!

Critical Table

Comment

In 2007, when the Patriots weren't breaking in a Nobody at QB, the Patriots had 586 pass/451 run ratio, their leading rusher had a whopping 185 carries in 13 games. If you watch the Patriots much you know that a significant amount of their Runs come by way of the draw from the shotgun.

It's a legitimate concern for those of us who want to see more from the offense than the Arena Football League BS.

I don't have preconceived idea's, I actually watch the games.......
            What difference does it make how many carries their leading rusher had? Maroney has proven he can not be an every down back and missed three games that year.

Brandon Jacobs has a career high 219 carries, pretty sure the Giants are committed to running the ball.

I very much doubt we will have a 300 carry RB, but most teams don't. I think McD favors RBBC.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
            J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
            R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
              who cares? i don't care if they run the ball in, catch the ball in, walk backwards in, belly-flop in or crab-crawl in...

just as long as they make it in more than the other team every game.

all we need is a decent balance. an actual WORKING running game. we don't need to be elite, we don't need to beg Davis to come out of retirement...

we just need a compliment to keep the defense on their toes...

keeping our current list or RB's healthy would solve this issue.
              Exactly what I think, as long as the passing doesnt take away from our running game, who cares? We need to be capable of pounding it in when we need to, for sure but if we can light it up in the air and no one stops us then more power to us.

Oh and Boise State sucks. Go dawgs.

Critical Table

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
                What difference does it make how many carries their leading rusher had? Maroney has proven he can not be an every down back and missed three games that year.

Brandon Jacobs has a career high 219 carries, pretty sure the Giants are committed to running the ball.

I very much doubt we will have a 300 carry RB, but most teams don't. I think McD favors RBBC.
                You missed the point, and that's fine, you want to think that the RBBC approach is the reason their leading rusher gets 14 carries game.......suit yourself.

It shows me a lack of a commitment to the run, half of their carries went to their QB, 3rd down and short yardage backs.......

Comment

It shows me a lack of a commitment to the run, half of their carries went to their QB, 3rd down and short yardage backs.......
                  We are just going to disagree then because I don't think a team that lacks a commitment to the run finishes in the top 10 in rushing attempts 3 years running.

Comment

We are just going to disagree then because I don't think a team that lacks a commitment to the run finishes in the top 10 in rushing attempts 3 years running.
                    The Broncos just missed to Top10 08, would you consider that running game a commitment?

All you have to do is watch their games, C-07, that's it.......

Comment

The Broncos just missed to Top10 08, would you consider that running game a commitment?

All you have to do is watch their games, C-07, that's it.......
                      Broncos were 28th in rushing attempts, how is that close to top 10?

Comment

I think McD favors makings the best use of the weapons he has available. In 2007 the pass was clearly their stronger suit, so the offense went in that direction. In 2008, it was more balanced to compensate for the loss of Brady.

NE's stable of RB's has been fairly mediocre the past few years. Maroney never really panned out, leaving them playing RBBC with a bunch of role players. If they had a better group of backs, or an obvious workhorse, I think you would've seen more emphasis on the ground game in NE.

Comment

Originally posted by Warhawk View Post
                          I think McD favors makings the best use of the weapons he has available. In 2007 the pass was clearly their stronger suit, so the offense went in that direction. In 2008, it was more balanced to compensate for the loss of Brady.

NE's stable of RB's has been fairly mediocre the past few years. Maroney never really panned out, leaving them playing RBBC with a bunch of role players. If they had a better group of backs, or an obvious workhorse, I think you would've seen more emphasis on the ground game in NE.
                          I do not think he would even draft a "workhorse" to be honest. However if we backed into one like we did with TD, then ya I think he would. He is a "do what it takes" type of a coach.

Comment

Broncos were 28th in rushing attempts, how is that close to top 10?
                            12th in yardage.......

Comment

12th in yardage.......
                              Oh...

No use arguing about it, we will see this year. For ME, I am not concerned, I find rushing attempt to be a better judge of commitment than yards.

Comment

Oh...

No use arguing about it, we will see this year. For ME, I am not concerned, I find rushing attempt to be a better judge of commitment than yards.
                                So do I, but I'm using NE's attempts in 07 because I believe it to be a more accurate example of how McDaniels views the running game when he's not breaking in a QB that hasn't started a game since High School.......and I brought up the Broncos 08 running game as an example of how a team could have nice rushing stats without a commitment to the run.

I'm tired and apparently talking out of my ass. Peace.......

Comment

Working...
                                X