Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neume1mb
    replied
    Will he wear his snazzy suits as the DC?

Leave a comment:

• milehighireland
    replied
    I dont get anybody bashing an experienced DC like Nolan, hes just what we need on the defensive side of the ball...hes gona take us from having the hopelessly pathetic defense we had last year to a half decent one that actually pressures opposing QBs, forces some turnovers and that actually is able to shut down the run some of the time! wel be somewhere in the middle of the rankings in terms of defense next year, and with the offense we have which could become even better under Mc Daniels we should be good enough for the playoffs at least!

Leave a comment:

• riter919
    replied
    mcdaniels is doing good so far

we did good picking up josh mcdaniels from the new england patriots we all didn't want to see the end of our legendary coach that led us to two super bowl rings but we got to move on, this new head coach we have has coach tom brady and matt cassel and made them better quarterbacks maybe he'll do the same for jay cutler

Leave a comment:

• AtwaterHITS27
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    Since when did having the #6 defense become a bad thing?

I guess you prefer Slowik's #29 defense.
    Nolan> Slowik..

Like I said guys, would you feel more comfortible with ole' Bobby at the helm? I'll take Nolan over him any day of the week.

Also, to this day I still say we had near the worst D (31 or 32) in '08. If our special teams covered kicks well, we would have given them the ball with bad field position, and therefore, other team's offenses would have been given more field to pass and run against us; That equals even worse numbers. McD said it best; Denver lacks consistency in their schemes. Next year, we need to change that! I'm happy with the hires he has made: Nunnelly, McCoy, etc.. :go:

Leave a comment:

• CutemupCutler6
    replied
    Joke

Mike Nolan Joke.. has not proved anything in his "career" hate it and for Jim Armstrong screw you cover another sport you joke

Leave a comment:

• XxOrangexCrushX
    replied
    2 men out of a weak front senven. They stood out more then any other defender we had. Imo he played the posistion better than williams did. To me it would have been Ideal to put williams in at the middle. Keep woodyard on the field. He's a sideline to sideline runner he's got great speed.
    Let's go woodyard.:salute!:

If he's shown something since preaseason and continued to contribute throughout the season give the kid his credit. kid kicks ass.

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    Originally posted by XxOrangexCrushX View Post
    So I'm just saying we played the browns and atlanta and I think the jets with woodyard and larsen. And I didint here too much about the turner burner er too much about thomas jones. And he showed a lot

I don't care his size. I say he's got a shot at olb :salute!:
    Turner had 81 yards and 2 TD's, Jones had 138 and 2 TD's, the defense he started on also made Brady Quinn look like Joe Montana.......you either can't hear or you only hear what you want to hear.......

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    Originally posted by Uglybass View Post
    Well aren't you just the negative nancy
    Nope! I'm just not so overwhelmed by Woodyard's performance that I'm fooling myself into thinking he should be anything more than a role player in either a 3-4 or 4-3.

He's a role player, there is nothing negative about that.......

Leave a comment:

• cloud of dust
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Can you imagine the Broncos trading up to get Patrick Willis instead of Jarvis Moss? Ooooooh myyyyyyyy... It's very sad to remember how many draft picks we gave to move up just 3 or 4 spots and grab the scrub.
    ...or we could have traded down for Jon Beason at #25 who had a great year for Carolina with 138 tackles this season. Or even David Harris in the second round. I will be disapointed if we do not get that Al Wilson replacement this year. We need a leader.

Leave a comment:

• cloud of dust
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Can you imagine the Broncos trading up to get Patrick Willis instead of Jarvis Moss? Ooooooh myyyyyyyy... It's very sad to remember how many draft picks we gave to move up just 3 or 4 spots and grab the scrub.
    ...or we could have traded down for Jon Beason at #25 swho had a great year for Carolina with 138 tackles this season. Or even David Harris in the second round. I will be disapointed if we do not get that Al Wilson replacement this year. We need a leader.

Leave a comment:

• XxOrangexCrushX
    replied
    So I'm just saying we played the browns and atlanta and I think the jets with woodyard and larsen. And I didint here too much about the turner burner er too much about thomas jones. And he showed a lot

I don't care his size. I say he's got a shot at olb :salute!:
    Last edited by XxOrangexCrushX; 01-30-2009, 07:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Uglybass
    replied
    Originally posted by stnzed View Post
    Willis is 6-1/242.......Woodyard is 6-1/212.......they both ran low 4.5's. One is a physical freak, the other is an overachiever.

Imo, Woodyard is a role player in a 34 defense regardless of who is coaching him.......
    Well aren't you just the negative nancy

Leave a comment:

• ItalianBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by stnzed View Post
    Willis is 6-1/242.......Woodyard is 6-1/212.......they both ran low 4.5's. One is a physical freak, the other is an overachiever.

Imo, Woodyard is a role player in a 34 defense regardless of who is coaching him.......
    Woodyard is the same size as William Moore Saftey 6'1 220

Leave a comment:

• Strimpel
    replied
    Patrick willis is beastly.

Leave a comment:

• XxOrangexCrushX
    replied
    Naw mark my words jarvis was a bust only way he'll contribute is if he puts on some weight and learns how to get off his blocks he has good speed and a decent burst off the line. But show me some damn power I mean dumervil pushes tackles back but moss just has this spin move and that's it lol. Dumes to olb might be a good fit. If dumes looses some of that mass on his thighs and works on tackling hed be a good fit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X