Mike Nolan (merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McDaniels is the Broncos’ man
    Posted: News | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Adam Schefter, Denver Broncos, Josh McDaniels

The Denver Broncos have hired New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels as their head coach, reports NFL Network’s Adam Schefter.

McDaniels’ most significant hire will be his defensive coordinator. And Denver’s new defensive coordinator is expected to be former 49ers head coach Mike Nolan, a Broncos source confirmed Sunday night.

On Thursday night, Broncos chief operating officer Joe Ellis spent over four hours in Massachusetts conducting a second interview with McDaniels.

The Broncos interviewed Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier and Buccaneers defensive coordinator Raheem Morris, among others, for the job, which became available Dec. 30 when Mike Shanahan was fired after 14 seasons on the job.

McDaniels, 32, started to earn recognition after leading the Patriots’ offense and QB Tom Brady to great success. This season, McDaniels lost Brady in the season opener but still managed to help New England go 11-5 with backup QB Matt Cassel at the controls
    Link: http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/11/mcda...e-broncos-man/

I just posted a comment about pulling for Crennel. I wish I would have read this first because I wasn't even thinking about Nolan. My opinion has changed in about .5 seconds :salute!:

Comment

Wait, is Schefter reporting based on speculation? Meaning that he thinks McDaniels will pick Nolan because he is available or has he already selected him as DC?

Comment

Nolan!!!...lol. If McDaniels brings him in over McDermott, who I am high on...damn...hahaha.

Nolan will whip our defense into shape, give half of them will not make the roster or want to quit, I heard he is tougher then Saban...lol.

Comment

This is great. Nolan will have the respect of the D and basically be their head coach, and McDaniels will grow with the offense as they are basically the same age. This has the makings of something special. It will be interesting to see how the D comes around with two great defensive minds in Nolan and Capers.

Terrell Suggs (Free agent pick up)
          DJ Williams
          Rey Maulauga
          Jarvis Moss

Not a bad set of Linebackers for the 3-4

our D line is going to need work though...I know im getting ahead of myself, but this is what change brings....Excitement.
          A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Comment

This is F'N awsome! Not only does he have great credentials as DC already, I really liked how he manned up and took responsibility for the niners struggles under him, and I believe he said something along the lines of that the should of been fired because he didn't get the job done, even though I don't think too many coaches in San Fran would have much success there right now..

Comment

Originally posted by AtwaterHITS27 View Post
              Wait, is Schefter reporting based on speculation? Meaning that he thinks McDaniels will pick Nolan because he is available or has he already selected him as DC?
              Adam Schefter is stating that based on Broncos sources, McDaniels has picked Mike Nolan.

No speculation there. And if Schefter is reporting it, you can take it to the bank.
              sigpic

Comment

mike nolan is a 3-4 guy isnt he?
                i wonder what he would do for our defense if we hire him.

man we could use a defense like the ravens had in the 2000's

anyway if adam schefter is reporting it
                then it is usually money

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                  Adam Schefter is stating that based on Broncos sources, McDaniels has picked Mike Nolan.

No speculation there. And if Schefter is reporting it, you can take it to the bank.
                  True. Him and his Blackberry.

I guess I just don't like his choice of verbs. 'Nolan Will Be in Denver' is a little more settling than 'Nolan Bound for Denver', haha.

Comment

Originally posted by AtwaterHITS27 View Post
                    They said on NFL Gameday Final on NFL Network that Nolan will be named DC tomorrow
                    sigpic

Comment

Mike Is Back!!!

This is Great ... I am sooo pumped about J McD and M Nolan back in the house ... this has been the best Bronco Sunday pretty much since week 3!!!!! Way to go BOWLEN!!!!

Comment

This is the most excited ive been about the Broncos for awhile
                        I hated when Shannahan got fired but now I can see some hope :salute!:

Comment

His history is with Dline and LB which is sweet since that is where broncos are very weak, Dline anyway, LB can use much better coaching though.
                          sigpic

Comment

Today's news makes me pretty damn happy. If Capers still comes I think we're in for some good years ahead.
                            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                              Today's news makes me pretty damn happy. If Capers still comes I think we're in for some good years ahead.
                              I doubt Denver would bring in both Nolan AND Capers.

It appears the talk of Capers was all speculation. The Nolan hire appears legitimate.
                              sigpic

Comment

I like this. I think Nolan is a tough coach who will toughen up our weak defense.

BUT I really dislike 3-4 so Im interested to see what will happen.

And I just heard he used to coach for the Broncos under Dan Reeves! I didnt know that!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X