X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stnzed
    replied
    Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
    Moss could possibly play OLB in a 3-4 as a pass rusher. He is pretty fast for what he used to do.

Couldn't woodyard just bulk up to 230 and play weakside in the 3-4? I mean ~ 15 lbs is not that hard to bulk up in the ~ 6 months he has.
    I would think his best bet would be weak inside were he can be protected, but at the moment the Broncos don't have the horses up front to protect anybody.

The problem with Woodyard, from what I've read, is that he's never been able to hold the extra weight.......

Leave a comment:

• XxOrangexCrushX
    replied
    Nah. I would even wanna see moss try olb he's too tall. He'd be arm tackling and diving for feet but when it comes down to it I don't see him getting lower to make a good tackle on any runner.

Leave a comment:

• broncofanatik
    replied
    Moss could possibly play OLB in a 3-4 as a pass rusher. He is pretty fast for what he used to do.

Couldn't woodyard just bulk up to 230 and play weakside in the 3-4? I mean ~ 15 lbs is not that hard to bulk up in the ~ 6 months he has.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Who knows, playing at OLB in a 3-4 scheme might be Jarvis Moss' salvation.

Leave a comment:

• Starbroncs
    replied
    Originally posted by XxOrangexCrushX View Post
    Wow didn't know he was only 212 that seems tiny. Anyway yah if you think moss will produce this year I believe he was much better off playin in the 4-3 I think hed be lucky to see the field this year. Think he'll be traded???
    we might be able to get a snickers for him, I wouldnt take anything less than a reese's though. The guy has talent!

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    Wow didn't know he was only 212 that seems tiny. Anyway yah if you think moss will produce this year I believe he was much better off playin in the 4-3 I think hed be lucky to see the field this year. Think he'll be traded???
    They wouldn't get a 12pack and a large pizza for Moss at this point, hopefully he can jump-start his career in the new defense.......

Leave a comment:

• XxOrangexCrushX
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Torain was a bad pick but at least we only wasted a 5th round pick. Jarvis Moss cost us 1st round, 3rd round and 6th round picks. We could have drafted at least 2 really good players instead of Moss.
    The point is, Moss (Like Torain) was drafted were he was supposed to be drafted but if he were getting all the Torain hype, folks around here would already have him in the Hall of Fame.......

Leave a comment:

• TheRealMoose
    replied
    If moss doesn't produce this year, I'll be willing to call him a bust and ship him out of town; not every draft pick is going to be a hit. You guys should know that. The draft is far, FAR from an exact science. I still think Moss can cause some damage, and I will withhold judgement until this season to see what the guy can do.

I'd also like to say that it can routinely take DL players a few years to develop. He's had a season and a half.

As for Torain, he was drafted right where he should have been. I still think he's a talented runner. Hopefully we can keep him healthy and he'll be able to show what he can do.

But I guess everyone just needs something to ***** about.

Leave a comment:

• Starbroncs
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Torain was a bad pick but at least we only wasted a 5th round pick. Jarvis Moss cost us 1st round, 3rd round and 6th round picks. We could have drafted at least 2 really good players instead of Moss.
    Torain was a much better pick. We only used a 5th on a player who could still become our starter. What little time he did play he looked very good. Although im not gonna judge him on 2 quarters of play im just saying we used a 5th on someone who at least could look good. Rather than trading up for someone who has had numerous chances unlike torain and cant even manage to gain a spot on the bench it seems

Is torain someone who cant stay healthy longer than 2 quarters like boss bailey or has he just been really unlucky the last few years?

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Originally posted by stnzed View Post
    At least Moss offered enough to get drafted that high, the opposite is scrubs like Torain, who got drafted were he was supposed to, did nothing, yet is still thought to be much better than he has even been.

Funny how perceptions change when hype is more pervasive than reality.......

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    Ha jarvis is a total bust. Wished hed bulk and just become a big body on the line instead of a lanky weak lineman. But back to nolan will he utelize woodyard? Isint woodyard close to willis in size I know woodyards fast but maybe...... Just maybe under some nolan coaching woodyard could be a great olb?
    Here's to hoping :salute!:
    Willis is 6-1/242.......Woodyard is 6-1/212.......they both ran low 4.5's. One is a physical freak, the other is an overachiever.

Imo, Woodyard is a role player in a 34 defense regardless of who is coaching him.......

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    At least Moss offered enough to get drafted that high, the opposite is scrubs like Torain, who got drafted were he was supposed to, did nothing, yet is still thought to be much better than he has even been.

Funny how perceptions change when hype is more pervasive than reality.......

Leave a comment:

• XxOrangexCrushX
    replied
    Ha jarvis is a total bust. Wished hed bulk and just become a big body on the line instead of a lanky weak lineman. But back to nolan will he utelize woodyard? Isint woodyard close to willis in size I know woodyards fast but maybe...... Just maybe under some nolan coaching woodyard could be a great olb?
    Here's to hoping :salute!:

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Can you imagine the Broncos trading up to get Patrick Willis instead of Jarvis Moss? Ooooooh myyyyyyyy... It's very sad to remember how many draft picks we gave to move up just 3 or 4 spots and grab the scrub.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X