Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D_Broncs_913
    replied
    he only the drafted P WILLIS!! one of the beastliest and young MLBs in the game.

Leave a comment:

• chazoe60
    replied
    Originally posted by XxOrangexCrushX View Post
    K so I know nolans drafted a few er a couple defensive rookie of the years. Who are they? Also how much influence will he have on the draft?
    One was Patrick Willis(who is an animal) I am not sure if their was another.

Leave a comment:

• XxOrangexCrushX
    replied
    mike nolan ?

K so I know nolans drafted a few er a couple defensive rookie of the years. Who are they? Also how much influence will he have on the draft?

Leave a comment:

• L.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by ballen View Post
    Yea #6 sounds good, but not when you consider that it was #1 and got progressively worse.
    Noooo. You haven't read much of this thread have you? Baltimore's D dropped to #22 after one of the biggest roster purges in NFL history. He rebuilt it with a bunch of rookies. Yes Ed Reed and company turned out to be great (many of them drafted in '02) and that's partially a credit to Baltimore's draft selection team, and a substantial measure of luck too. Hopefully we can do as well. That's where the real question mark is -not the friggin' coordinator!

I don't understand why people keep saying he's better than Slowik like that's some kind of accomplishment. Why strive to be average. I want my team to try to be the best. Nolan is safe average pick up and a few years from now we will be calling for his head.
    Now that is not logical and is just pure pessimistic tripe! We don't need a top ten defense to be competitive. Our superbowl defense was not "awesome". All we need is a defense that can make a few stops and the high-octane offense will do the rest.

Realistically speaking, an average defense is about all we can hope for in the near future. Even if we somehow acquired Rex Ryan in an unlikely lateral move to be our coordinator, it's doubtful that he could suddenly (and "magically") transform Denver's D. It's just going to take some time and work. Nolan's assistants are excellent, and I know McDan is going to play a heavy hand in molding this defense into something like what he had in New England.

Most of us are on "wait and see" mode because it's certainly waaaaay too soon to be prognosticating doom for any part of this team!

Leave a comment:

• ballen
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    Since when did having the #6 defense become a bad thing?

I guess you prefer Slowik's #29 defense.

Yea #6 sounds good, but not when you consider that it was #1 and got progressively worse.

Of course nobody wants Slowik, but that's completely irrelavant. We had the chance to go out and get an aggressive defensive coach that would put pressure on offenses. Not that we could have gotten Rex Ryan to be our D coordinator but have you heard him talk. "We're going to play D on our toes not from our heels" That's the kind of DC we need. Not some read and react crap.

I don't understand why people keep saying he's better than Slowik like that's some kind of accomplishment. Why strive to be average. I want my team to try to be the best. Nolan is safe average pick up and a few years from now we will be calling for his head.

Leave a comment:

• BRONCOS_OWN_U16
    replied
    A couple of quotes from niners fans

drew says:

January 26th, 2009 at 6:44 pm
    Good luck running a 3-whatever the hell Nolan wants, instead of a true 3-4, or 4-3. His hybrid is the most vanilla scheme in the history of NFL defenses. He’ll find a way to make Champ Bailey look mediocre too.

ninerfan94954 says:

January 26th, 2009 at 7:23 pm
    Be prepared for a maximum of coach speak and a minimum of results…nice suits though.
    i like me some vanilla

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Yea, all we need now is Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Bart Scott, Hiloti Ngata (sp) and Ed Reed and we'll be great.

The Ravens D got worse under Nolan.

And you want to start the Draft with Beenie "The Bust" Wells.
    Since when did having the #6 defense become a bad thing?

I guess you prefer Slowik's #29 defense.

Leave a comment:

• ballen
    replied
    Yea, all we need now is Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Bart Scott, Hiloti Ngata (sp) and Ed Reed and we'll be great.

The Ravens D got worse under Nolan.

And you want to start the Draft with Beenie "The Bust" Wells.
    Last edited by ballen; 01-27-2009, 10:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied

drew says:

Good luck running a 3-whatever the hell Nolan wants, instead of a true 3-4, or 4-3. His hybrid is the most vanilla scheme in the history of NFL defenses. He’ll find a way to make Champ Bailey look mediocre too.

ninerfan94954 says:

Be prepared for a maximum of coach speak and a minimum of results…nice suits though.
    What they say doesn't matter. Nolan already proved in Baltimore that with the right talent he can produce a top 6 defense. It's not just about scheme. It's about talent and scheme. Jim Goodman is responsible for acquiring the talent. If he gets the right players, Nolan can teach them his scheme and they will do better than what we've seen the past few seasons.

Leave a comment:

• ballen
    replied

drew says:

ninerfan94954 says:

Leave a comment:

• Iandeker
    replied
    I think this is a great hire for the broncos Nolan is a way better defensive coach then he is a head coach and plus even if it dose not work out the way Denver wanted it to at least it couldn't get any worse then it was last year lol.

Leave a comment:

• The Jerm!
    replied
    Who knows, Nolan might actually be good for you guys. I don't think he's made out to be a HC though. People have wanted him to call the 49ers defense for awhile. Nolan really never had anything good on our defense. GL with Nolan!

Leave a comment:

• Chris Wade
    replied
    You can make some of the people happy all of the time . You can make most of the people happy some of the time. But you can never make all of the people happy all of the time. But I'm happy . Fresh start , past doesn't matter. It's what are you doing for this team now.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    I don't know what the complaints are about Nolan??

He was a damn good DC before going to the 49ers as a HC... and failed as a HC. So what?

I guess the saying is right..... you can never ever satisfy everyone.

Leave a comment:

• tcron1971
    replied
    I would love to have someone like Mike Nolan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X