Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Eddie Royal Be The Wes Welker In This Offense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swankattack86 View Post
    are you guys not thinking here?

EDDIE ROYAL?!

He is a deep hitter and a for sure #2 guy every down,
    I'll agree with this. Royal had 91 catches for 980 yards & 5 TD's. And this was his rookie season. Those #'s are insane for a rook WR.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
      I don't think Royal should be just a slot receiver, he proved his value as 2nd receiver and Marshall will have to stop dropping balls to remain the number 1 guy. Royal looks a lot like a young Steve Smith, it will be exciting to watch his development.
      Royal reminds me of Santonio Holmes, without the alcohol problem, but Welker is the No1 guy in NE and gets 110+ catches a season.......that's just too much work for Stokley, imo.

Royal and Stokley would both take on this role, imo, with Marshall attempting to play the role of Moss, but I would hope that Doogie will design the offense to suit these players, not fit these players into his old players role.......

Comment

I think Marshall and Stokely are better options, Stokely did dwindle at the end of the season, but is characteristically just as reliable as Welker, here's hoping. Royal is a deep threat, no doubt about it. So keeping him short would be a waste of pace.

Comment

stokley will be the slot guy for us next year in what will probally be his final season with us.

Royal is and will be a number 2 WR always. the guy is a deep threat, and had 91 catches last year, thats ungodly. its pointless to move him when his best production comes outside.

Marshall is the number 1
          Royal is the number 2
          Stokley will be the Slot reciver
          Chad jackson will be the 4th Wr backing eddie and marshall
          and we will draft a slot type Wr in the draft to groom as stokleys replacement for the following year(JACOBY FORD from clemson would fit this role to a tee)

Comment

Stokely.....the best slot reciever in history.....

MIGHT just might be our star "wes welker"
            "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
            -The best in the business-

Comment

Working...
            X