X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutler4tw
    replied
    Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
    YOU WANT REASONS! OK I will give you some reasons! Iremember MULTIPLE times the last two seasons, a running back would run right by Bly. Or right trough Bly's pathetic excuse of a arm tackle. Or run RIGHT OVER him.

You want more? I remember multiple times, Dre Bly, the Champ Bailey wannabe, playing off the reciever 10 yards at the line of scrimmage, let the reciever complete that little 5-15 down and out pattern, overandoverandoverandover. OR, if that wasn't working for him, he will play right up on the reciever, that reciever is always faster, and more physical, and a better athlete then him, and burn him more often then not. He always is good for biting on the head fake a couple of times/game too!

All I needed to know about the wortlessness and overhype of Dre Bly, was the VERY FIRST preseason game of his career as a Bronco, at Dallas, in 2007, which I attended in person, and he intercepted a pass, that was tipped right to him by the way, and I had a clear view from the end zone, and I thought, man, he has a CLEAR PATH to the end zone. Well, Bly did all this funky juking and jiving, all the way to the OPPOSITE SIDELINE, for a -5 return!!! Pulled his groin, and that was the last play of the game for him!!! Impressive!

Is that enough or do we need more?

I say dump his worthlessness and get a rookie or free agent. Instant upgrade.:salute!:
    what a lame argument Dre is a great CB get off his nuts and wait till we have a decent S and pass rush and Dre has outplayed Champ the past 2 years champ cant seem to stay on the field the past 2 years i hope he gets healthy and can stay healthy for the next season so Dre and Champ can Dominate i forsee a great season for them both next year

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    YOU WANT REASONS! OK I will give you some reasons! Iremember MULTIPLE times the last two seasons, a running back would run right by Bly. Or right trough Bly's pathetic excuse of a arm tackle. Or run RIGHT OVER him.

You want more? I remember multiple times, Dre Bly, the Champ Bailey wannabe, playing off the reciever 10 yards at the line of scrimmage, let the reciever complete that little 5-15 down and out pattern, overandoverandoverandover. OR, if that wasn't working for him, he will play right up on the reciever, that reciever is always faster, and more physical, and a better athlete then him, and burn him more often then not. He always is good for biting on the head fake a couple of times/game too!

All I needed to know about the wortlessness and overhype of Dre Bly, was the VERY FIRST preseason game of his career as a Bronco, at Dallas, in 2007, which I attended in person, and he intercepted a pass, that was tipped right to him by the way, and I had a clear view from the end zone, and I thought, man, he has a CLEAR PATH to the end zone. Well, Bly did all this funky juking and jiving, all the way to the OPPOSITE SIDELINE, for a -5 return!!! Pulled his groin, and that was the last play of the game for him!!! Impressive!

I say dump his worthlessness and get a rookie or free agent. Instant upgrade.:salute!:
    Ok man, in case you didnt notice, that was part of our defensive scheme. ALL of our corners played 10 yards off. Those are some pretty weak reasons to dislike Bly.

Leave a comment:

• Axemaster
    replied
    Originally posted by xxxlibertine View Post
    With 74 votes counted so far, an overwhelming 74.32% are in favor of keeping Bly. A mere 13.51% are in favor of dumping him. As seems always the case, none of the advocates for dumping him offers any solutions to the obvious problems doing so would present . . .

Get Asomugha, put him opposite Bly and put Champ at free safety and you will see 24 INTs a season for the next couple years . . .:salute!:

Leave a comment:

• Bailey'sBestFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    you are being way to hard on him

he has outplayed champ the last 2 years regardless of what you think, yes he gives up a big play every now and then but so does everybody, you are expecting way to much out of him

the man nearly single handedly won 3 games for us. and lost us 0 i can remember last year

also people see how much money he made this year and think he is overpaid, but its just the way his deal was structured its only a 5 year 33 million dollar contract compare that to the 7 year 60+ that bailey is making and yet having no impact on this defense whatsoever
    this is a very rare occassion because it is probably the only time i have disagreed with your post, but such is life.

Sorry but there is no way in HELL that Dre Bly has OUT played CHAMP these past 2yrs. Dre is a fantastic CB but why do you think it is that QB's won't throw to CHAMP's side even when injured and not at 100%.

QB's know how to read D's (most of the time) so I'm sure they are able to pick out the weak link of are starting DB's and so far that is BLY, but IMO he is just the lesser of 2 evils.

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    I CANNOT BELIEVE so many people want to keep him!!!! You guys did watch the games this season didn't you?
    Umm yeah, and in my honest opinion I believe he was the defensive MVP for us. He saved 2 games late in the fourth quarter, shut down numerous recievers despite no help up front or from the safties, and actually started to try to make tackles.

Leave a comment:

• ItalianBronco
    replied
    WOW, that would be real nice...

CB ASO
    CB BLY
    FS CHAMP
    SS BARRETT
    NICKEL BELL

ROLB MOSS-- LOLB DOOM-- ILB DJ-- ILB REY

DE THOMAS--- NT--- JERRY/BRACE/POWELL---DE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Leave a comment:

• stickyicky420
    replied
    keep him no pass rush is our prob

Leave a comment:

• antipas
    replied
    Keep Him!

:salute!:If he takes a paycut, keep him!:salute!:

Leave a comment:

• RioAbajo Bronco
    replied
    Keep bly!! you never know who we'll get

Leave a comment:

• xxxlibertine
    replied
    With 74 votes counted so far, an overwhelming 74.32% are in favor of keeping Bly. A mere 13.51% are in favor of dumping him. As seems always the case, none of the advocates for dumping him offers any solutions to the obvious problems doing so would present . . .

Get Asomugha, put him opposite Bly and put Champ at free safety and you will see 24 INTs a season for the next couple years . . .:salute!:

Leave a comment:

• iowabronco24
    replied
    Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Trade Bailey and Bly to different teams for the highest pick we can squeeze out of them

i.e.
    Bailey for a 1st-2nd
    Bly for a 3rd-5th
    We have too many issues on defense as it is, as we will probably be looking at a lot of different players in the front 7, and I'm guessing we will try and find another safety as well. I think corner is the only stable position we have right now, and it wouldn't be wise to give that up while we have to make a complete overhaul of the front 7.

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    Trade Bailey and Bly to different teams for the highest pick we can squeeze out of them

i.e.
    Bailey for a 1st-2nd
    Bly for a 3rd-5th

Leave a comment:

• Axemaster
    replied
    I CANNOT BELIEVE so many people want to keep him!!!! You guys did watch the games this season didn't you?

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    you are being way to hard on him

he has outplayed champ the last 2 years regardless of what you think, yes he gives up a big play every now and then but so does everybody, you are expecting way to much out of him

the man nearly single handedly won 3 games for us. and lost us 0 i can remember last year

also people see how much money he made this year and think he is overpaid, but its just the way his deal was structured its only a 5 year 33 million dollar contract compare that to the 7 year 60+ that bailey is making and yet having no impact on this defense whatsoever
    I thought he should take a paycut but you do have a point about how his contract is structured. Plus it shouldnt be any of our concern about how much they get paid. Im a Dre Bly supporter so I hope we can get him and Champ some help this season.

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Twizlers View Post
    Last year? As in 07? Well he did get burned in the first play of OT, when Favre threw that bomb down the sidelines and w/e caught it and scored a TD. That sorta lost our MNF game for us lol.

Bailey did have an impact on the defense, we just needed him for the Carolina and KC games especially, to cover Smith and Bowe. They both had good games, but that's because the QBs always threw to them, and guess who was covering them? Bly.

But it's not his fault, he was just thrown to way to much. And since we have NO other reliable corners (josh bell is NOT one) we should still go to him.
    If I recall correctly, Champ got burned a couple of times pretty badly in that game too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X