Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDaniels Brother Hired As Coaching Assistant and A Couple More

http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/1...-three-more-co

Three more coached join the ranks, including someone with a last name that seems all too familiar....

The Denver Broncos on Wednesday announced the hiring of three assistant coaches, including Don Martindale as linebackers coach. The club also announced the hiring of Ben McDaniels and Jay Rodgers as coaching assistants.

Martindale, 45, joins the Broncos as their linebackers coach after five seasons in the same role with the Oakland Raiders (2004-08). Under Martindale's tutelage, the Raiders placed 10th against the pass in 2008. In 2007, the Raiders' top two interceptors were linebackers Thomas Howard (6) and Kirk Morrison (4). Befre his position in Oakland, Martindale coached inside linebackers and special teams coordinator at Western Kentucky University (2001-03). He also served as the defensive coordinator/linebackers coach at Western Illinois (1999-2000) after tutoring linebackers and special teams at the University of Cincinnati (1996-98). He helped the University of Notre Dame reach the 1995 Fiesta Bowl and the 1996 Orange Bowl as a defensive assistant.

McDaniels, 28, enters his first season coaching in the NFL after coaching quarterbacks in 2008 at Massillon Jackson High School in Massillon, Ohio. He held a position as quarterbacks coach at Canton McKinley High School in Canton, Ohio (2006-07), after serving as a graduate assistant under Glen Mason at the University of Minnesota (2004-05). With the Gophers, McDaniels assisted in coaching wide receivers in 2004 before working with the team's secondary in 2005. McDaniels, who is Broncos Head Coach Josh McDaniels' younger brother, played quarterback at Kent State University (1999-01) and Canton McKinley High School. He led Canton McKinley to two state titles and USA Today's mythical National Championship in 1997 on a team that included Broncos defensive lineman Kenny Peterson.

Rodgers, 32, enters his first NFL season after spending nine seasons coaching at the collegiate level. He was Iowa State University's wide receivers coach (2007-08) after spending two seasons as the quarterbacks coach at Stephen F. Austin University (2005-06). In 2004, Rodgers tutored quarterbacks at Missouri State University after a season as the passing game coordinator/quarterbacks/wide receiver coach at Dodge City Community College. He was a graduate assistant for Head Coach Nick Saban at Louisiana State University (2001-02) after interning at Ohio State University.
    Discuss

From highschool to NFL, haha nice

Comment

That is the defintion of a "hook up"

Comment

Denver Post confirms the hire of McDan's little brother:
        http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11520216

I don't mind him being an 'assistant' if that means erasing the markerboard after meetings, but he had better not be coaching any position on our team!!!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

nepotism.......what is he coaching, exactly?
          disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

He's just a coaches assistant, I'd probably hook my brother up like that too.

Part of it also is probably just to have someone around who you have ultimate trust in, maybe he's going to be a sounding board for McD.

Comment

We keep hiring quality coaches on defense, but some of these offensive coaches leave me scratching my head. These guys seem more like they will be controlled by McDaniels than established coaches who have their own philosophies.

Comment

He was hired as a coaches assistant yaknow like go fetch me the game film for Sundays game and then when you are done with that swing bye the Equipment managers office and bring me that new mouthpiece we got in i wanna see how it fits, oh yeah when you get back from doing that can you fax this over to chevy dealership i wanna close on this truck by days end and then if you still have time before lunch see if we have enough footballs for OTA's because I have a feeling Jay will be chucking quite a few of them out of the stadium!

Comment

Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
                  He's just a coaches assistant, I'd probably hook my brother up like that too.

Part of it also is probably just to have someone around who you have ultimate trust in, maybe he's going to be a sounding board for McD.
                  Your probably right.

now I just need to find me a gopher job that pays aswell as the coaches little Bro

Comment

Haha since when do high schools have Quarterback coaches??

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                      Denver Post confirms the hire of McDan's little brother:
                      http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11520216

I don't mind him being an 'assistant' if that means erasing the markerboard after meetings, but he had better not be coaching any position on our team!!!
                      Wouldnt "McDans little brother" also be considered McDan?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post
                        We keep hiring quality coaches on defense, but some of these offensive coaches leave me scratching my head. These guys seem more like they will be controlled by McDaniels than established coaches who have their own philosophies.
                        The shuffle out of town by Bates, and the comment you make above are clear indications that McDaniels has no intention of structuring the defensive gameplan, but will have fingerprints all over the offense.

This could be a good thing given he has a great track record on O and virtually nothing on D.

We ... Shall ... See ...
                        Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

Hate List for 2009: 1. San Diego, 2. Oakland,
                          3. New England, 4. Kansas City, 5. Dallas

amen to that :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by Pruke View Post
                            The shuffle out of town by Bates, and the comment you make above are clear indications that McDaniels has no intention of structuring the defensive gameplan, but will have fingerprints all over the offense.

This could be a good thing given he has a great track record on O and virtually nothing on D.

We ... Shall ... See ...
                            Well, the most important thing to realize is that McD hired a D coordinator who has ran an organization, as far as being a head coach and has also many years experience as a DC. Most of the coaches on D he hired are seasoned veteran coaches (Donnatel, Nolan, Martindale, Nunnelly).

I like the McCoy hire and I'm glad we're getting closer to a full staff.

Comment

McDonut wants to run out the guys and make this team the Denver McBroncos

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Working...
                              X