Good Luck to you, Broncos Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Luck to you, Broncos Fans

McDaniels won out, as I said, the Broncos FO was split on the 2. Spagnuolo wanted full control and ended up getting close to that with the Rams - otherwise, he was staying put. He has a clear, direct vision that he is unwilling to compromise. It's too bad, because both he and I were anxious to see what he could accomplish in DEN: He certainly would not install a 3-4.

Having to still be careful, as this board certainly served its purpose, and not to give my identity away to the man upstairs, I have the some draft tidbits that I promised in exchange for providing my medium.

I have them, should they be of interest. If not, good luck to the Broncos! Beat those Chargers!

By the looks of this article http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/20/spag...e-quarterback/ Spags did have a plan for our offense and that was to completely change it into a predominantly 'run the football' offense. So, essentially, he wanted to take away what made our offense one of the most productive in the league and that was passing the ball.

I'm pretty glad that McD was chosen over Spags because he ran a very similar offense in NE and it was one that Bates and Cutler imitated and achieved success through.

Now if everything we have heard about Nolan holds true and he can use his hard nose coaching approach to whip our D into shape with the help off Nunnely, Donatel and Martindale our D could be what we all want it to be.... effective!

Comment

Screw Spags, he will fail in STL, McDaniels will bring us a ring within 5 years...........................write that down!

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
        Screw Spags, he will fail in STL, McDaniels will bring us a ring within 5 years...........................write that down!
        LOL NOT ONLY ARE YOU A FANATIC. YOUR GONNA TRY AND PUSH YOUR SON INTO FOOTBALL ARENT YOU...?
        -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
          LOL NOT ONLY ARE YOU A FANATIC. YOUR GONNA TRY AND PUSH YOUR SON INTO FOOTBALL ARENT YOU...?
          I AM....For sure.....

PROBLEM?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Run View Post
            McDaniels won out, as I said, the Broncos FO was split on the 2. Spagnuolo wanted full control and ended up getting close to that with the Rams - otherwise, he was staying put. He has a clear, direct vision that he is unwilling to compromise. It's too bad, because both he and I were anxious to see what he could accomplish in DEN: He certainly would not install a 3-4.

Having to still be careful, as this board certainly served its purpose, and not to give my identity away to the man upstairs, I have the some draft tidbits that I promised in exchange for providing my medium.

I have them, should they be of interest. If not, good luck to the Broncos! Beat those Chargers!
            Good luck. I am a little ticked off McD is bringing in his brother i mean WTH
            The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
            While he sits by his hearth at home.
            Quickly finds when questioned by others .
            That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Spagnuolo does not have 'complete control' in St Louis, and if he had not
              been hired there, it was Kansas City or nothing.

To me, he is Dave Wannstedt, part II...all hype.

The smart money says he is fired inside three years.

Good coordinator, not a Head Coach.

We got the better coach.

Comment

Gotta keep this low...

...but "we" talked to a Broncos scout at the Senior Bowl. They are all over the Mizzou S, who they have rated as a 9.1 out of 10. (In the DEN grading system, a 9.0 or higher is considered a top 10 pick.) The scout was sent to 4 home games and 2 away games and shadowed the Mizzou secondary coach the entire time. DEN's concerned he will go to CIN at #6.

Donatell also met with Maualuga and Cushing at the SB, as well as David Bruton from ND.

Comment

...but "we" talked to a Broncos scout at the Senior Bowl. They are all over the Mizzou S, who they have rated as a 9.1 out of 10. (In the DEN grading system, a 9.0 or higher is considered a top 10 pick.) The scout was sent to 4 home games and 2 away games and shadowed the Mizzou secondary coach the entire time. DEN's concerned he will go to CIN at #6.

Donatell also met with Maualuga and Cushing at the SB, as well as David Bruton from ND.

god help us if we take moore at 12...
                  sigpic

Comment

not you again.......

nobody wants you and your stupid speculation/BS/whatever u wanna call it. We just finished off that nobody roro......and now you???

:doh:

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Other grades I was able to get from the Broncos..

they have Cushing at a 9.2 and Maualuga at an 8.7i (incomplete), which means they are waiting to see him in space at the SB. His college scheme hid him between the tackles and freed him up to go downhill exclusively and knock people's teeth out.

Donatell (and 2 DEN scouts we didn't know) met with T Ron Brace, too - who told them he thought his best position was a 3-4 NT. (And lobbied for them to draft him in the 1st round, haha...)

1 other thing:
                      We heard it straight from Donatell's mouth: Nolan loves DBs and is very particular about what he wants - a brusing SS to play in the box, a rangy FS, and 2 physical press CBs. If he can come away with Moore in round 1, Brace in round 2 and Bruton in round 3, he will be one happy coach.

They are also kicking the tires on Julius Peppers - they want to extend some guys, too, but feel with the draft above and Peppers on the outside, they are in business for a Lombardi, in year 1. There is no rebuilding in the NFL this year, a message McDaniels relayed to his coaching staff in their 1st meeting.

Nolan is willing to let him try OLB.

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
                        Spagnuolo does not have 'complete control' in St Louis, and if he had not
                        been hired there, it was Kansas City or nothing.

To me, he is Dave Wannstedt, part II...all hype.

The smart money says he is fired inside three years.

Good coordinator, not a Head Coach.

We got the better coach.
                        Nobody can definitively say that is true. They both have ZERO head coaching experience.
                        sigpic

Comment

they have Cushing at a 9.2 and Maualuga at an 8.7i (incomplete), which means they are waiting to see him in space at the SB. His college scheme hid him between the tackles and freed him up to go downhill exclusively and knock people's teeth out.

Donatell (and 2 DEN scouts we didn't know) met with T Ron Brace, too - who told them he thought his best position was a 3-4 NT. (And lobbied for them to draft him in the 1st round, haha...)

1 other thing:
                          We heard it straight from Donatell's mouth: Nolan loves DBs and is very particular about what he wants - a brusing SS to play in the box, a rangy FS, and 2 physical press CBs. If he can come away with Moore in round 1, Brace in round 2 and Bruton in round 3, he will be one happy coach.

They are also kicking the tires on Julius Peppers - they want to extend some guys, too, but feel with the draft above and Peppers on the outside, they are in business for a Lombardi, in year 1. There is no rebuilding in the NFL this year, a message McDaniels relayed to his coaching staff in their 1st meeting.

Go away

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

That's crazy. Not even a blind scout would rate William Moore so high. I watched him in 2008 and he sucked big time. People say he is a disaster at the Senior Bowl practices. Moore will probably become a WLB in the NFL unless a miracle happens.
                            sigpic

Comment

1 other thing:

How serious is the interest in Peppers, and why would anyone have Moore that high on their boards? He's a good safety, could be real good...but doesn't seem like ANY higher than a 20 pick.
                              Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X