X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MindField
    replied
    Originally posted by Blue Run View Post
    ...but "we" talked to a Broncos scout at the Senior Bowl. They are all over the Mizzou S, who they have rated as a 9.1 out of 10. (In the DEN grading system, a 9.0 or higher is considered a top 10 pick.) The scout was sent to 4 home games and 2 away games and shadowed the Mizzou secondary coach the entire time. DEN's concerned he will go to CIN at #6.

Donatell also met with Maualuga and Cushing at the SB, as well as David Bruton from ND.
    BS, William Moore is falling like a rock out of the first round altogether.

The Broncos will talk to alot of guys, and alot of the time, it will be as smoke screens.

Leave a comment:

• owninit
    replied
    Interesting read, not convinced of blue run's sources, so every time they say "The Bronco's" I replace it with "I think", and then it become a so-so post like everone elses.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoRyan85
    replied
    Originally posted by Den615 View Post
    look i dont know/ doubt the stuff you say is true, if it is GREAT (except for peppers, too much money tied up in an aging player IMO) if not thats just fine too....even if your posts have no truth to them its still fun to think about
    :salute!:
    I agree it is fun to read and think about, regardless of the source.

I still want Maualuga though...

Leave a comment:

• Den615
    replied
    they have Cushing at a 9.2 and Maualuga at an 8.7i (incomplete), which means they are waiting to see him in space at the SB. His college scheme hid him between the tackles and freed him up to go downhill exclusively and knock people's teeth out.

Donatell (and 2 DEN scouts we didn't know) met with T Ron Brace, too - who told them he thought his best position was a 3-4 NT. (And lobbied for them to draft him in the 1st round, haha...)

1 other thing:
    We heard it straight from Donatell's mouth: Nolan loves DBs and is very particular about what he wants - a brusing SS to play in the box, a rangy FS, and 2 physical press CBs. If he can come away with Moore in round 1, Brace in round 2 and Bruton in round 3, he will be one happy coach.

They are also kicking the tires on Julius Peppers - they want to extend some guys, too, but feel with the draft above and Peppers on the outside, they are in business for a Lombardi, in year 1. There is no rebuilding in the NFL this year, a message McDaniels relayed to his coaching staff in their 1st meeting.

Nolan is willing to let him try OLB.
    look i dont know/ doubt the stuff you say is true, if it is GREAT (except for peppers, too much money tied up in an aging player IMO) if not thats just fine too....even if your posts have no truth to them its still fun to think about
    :salute!:

Leave a comment:

• Blue Run
    replied
    Run You Over

I wish I could answer those questions for you - all I know is what was relayed to me by the Broncos scout assigned to the Big 12.
    I saw their score sheet briefly, he is considered an elite run stuffer who can also excel in pass coverage. He can play deep and shallow. They believe him to be an impact player at the pro level - as do many other NFL teams, I can assure you....

One of your division rivals has him rated as a top 10 pick as well. And it's the only other team I've asked...it's his local pro team...

Leave a comment:

• RunYouOver
    replied
    they have Cushing at a 9.2 and Maualuga at an 8.7i (incomplete), which means they are waiting to see him in space at the SB. His college scheme hid him between the tackles and freed him up to go downhill exclusively and knock people's teeth out.

Donatell (and 2 DEN scouts we didn't know) met with T Ron Brace, too - who told them he thought his best position was a 3-4 NT. (And lobbied for them to draft him in the 1st round, haha...)

1 other thing:
    We heard it straight from Donatell's mouth: Nolan loves DBs and is very particular about what he wants - a brusing SS to play in the box, a rangy FS, and 2 physical press CBs. If he can come away with Moore in round 1, Brace in round 2 and Bruton in round 3, he will be one happy coach.

They are also kicking the tires on Julius Peppers - they want to extend some guys, too, but feel with the draft above and Peppers on the outside, they are in business for a Lombardi, in year 1. There is no rebuilding in the NFL this year, a message McDaniels relayed to his coaching staff in their 1st meeting.

How serious is the interest in Peppers, and why would anyone have Moore that high on their boards? He's a good safety, could be real good...but doesn't seem like ANY higher than a 20 pick.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    ...but "we" talked to a Broncos scout at the Senior Bowl. They are all over the Mizzou S, who they have rated as a 9.1 out of 10. (In the DEN grading system, a 9.0 or higher is considered a top 10 pick.) The scout was sent to 4 home games and 2 away games and shadowed the Mizzou secondary coach the entire time. DEN's concerned he will go to CIN at #6.

Donatell also met with Maualuga and Cushing at the SB, as well as David Bruton from ND.
    That's crazy. Not even a blind scout would rate William Moore so high. I watched him in 2008 and he sucked big time. People say he is a disaster at the Senior Bowl practices. Moore will probably become a WLB in the NFL unless a miracle happens.

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied

1 other thing:

Go away

Leave a comment:

• jdubv724
    replied
    Originally posted by MindField View Post
    Spagnuolo does not have 'complete control' in St Louis, and if he had not
    been hired there, it was Kansas City or nothing.

To me, he is Dave Wannstedt, part II...all hype.

The smart money says he is fired inside three years.

Good coordinator, not a Head Coach.

We got the better coach.
    Nobody can definitively say that is true. They both have ZERO head coaching experience.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Run
    replied
    Other grades I was able to get from the Broncos..

1 other thing:

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied

not you again.......

nobody wants you and your stupid speculation/BS/whatever u wanna call it. We just finished off that nobody roro......and now you???

:doh:

Leave a comment:

• The Hamburgler
    replied

god help us if we take moore at 12...

Leave a comment:

• Blue Run
    replied
    Gotta keep this low...

Leave a comment:

• MindField
    replied
    McDaniels won out, as I said, the Broncos FO was split on the 2. Spagnuolo wanted full control and ended up getting close to that with the Rams - otherwise, he was staying put. He has a clear, direct vision that he is unwilling to compromise. It's too bad, because both he and I were anxious to see what he could accomplish in DEN: He certainly would not install a 3-4.

Having to still be careful, as this board certainly served its purpose, and not to give my identity away to the man upstairs, I have the some draft tidbits that I promised in exchange for providing my medium.

I have them, should they be of interest. If not, good luck to the Broncos! Beat those Chargers!
    Spagnuolo does not have 'complete control' in St Louis, and if he had not
    been hired there, it was Kansas City or nothing.

To me, he is Dave Wannstedt, part II...all hype.

The smart money says he is fired inside three years.

Good coordinator, not a Head Coach.

We got the better coach.

Leave a comment:

• Broncosinindy
    replied
    McDaniels won out, as I said, the Broncos FO was split on the 2. Spagnuolo wanted full control and ended up getting close to that with the Rams - otherwise, he was staying put. He has a clear, direct vision that he is unwilling to compromise. It's too bad, because both he and I were anxious to see what he could accomplish in DEN: He certainly would not install a 3-4.

Having to still be careful, as this board certainly served its purpose, and not to give my identity away to the man upstairs, I have the some draft tidbits that I promised in exchange for providing my medium.

I have them, should they be of interest. If not, good luck to the Broncos! Beat those Chargers!
    Good luck. I am a little ticked off McD is bringing in his brother i mean WTH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X