Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lancane
    replied
    Bailey loves him...wonder if they would be willing to trade to get the Bailey clan together in Detroit!

Leave a comment:

• ItalianBronco
    replied
    Our DB's liked Slow...Now coaching them ????????

Leave a comment:

• muse
    replied
    Slowik's a great DBs coach but an epic fail as a coordinator. Some coaches just have their ceiling at the positional level. But Slowik did a lot of great work with our DBs - Foxy, DWill and Champ's 2006 season - arguably the best by a cornerback ever.

But I'm quite drunk right now, so what do I know?

Leave a comment:

• AtwaterHITS27
    replied
    You'll find in the NFL that a lot of coaches will get promoted one year from a 'position's' coach slot to a coordinator position and fail. Slowik was a prime example of that. However, on the surface he seems like a good guy to try at coordinator because he has solid experience at that position. However, it's the same thing with Marinelli. He is a great D line coach, but a bad HC.

As much as Slowik contributed to pre mature baldness and blood pressure for us fans, good luck to him elsewhere! :salute!:

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    No the point is that next year when they win 2-3 games, he can say his defense improved the team 300%. Glass is half full.

Leave a comment:

• broncofanatik
    replied
    Garunteed that in a year or two he comes their new DC. I'm not sure why someone as good as schwartz or w/e his name is hired slowik. Detroit is the last pit stop for coaches before they can never coach again.

Leave a comment:

• iowabronco24
    replied
    Originally posted by MindField View Post
    Not for what the Lions hired him for. He will do a good job for them.

Slowik is a position coach, not a coordinator, so it was a solid hire for the Lions.

I am pretty sure Jim Schwartz knows good defensive coaches, and Slowik is a good DB coach.
    I'm not questioning that he isn't a good DB's coach, what I'm wondering is that being a DB coach, he has to know its almost damn near impossible for a DB to make a play on 3rd and 5 lining up 10 yards off the guy. I just don't understand how he couldn't see that his scheme was crippling our defensive backs and making them essentially a non factor in most games, not really even getting a valid chance to make plays..

Anyways, as much as I love to bash on Slowik, he shouldn't have even been hired as DC in first place (and why would he turn down a promotion?), so I wish him the best in helping the lions turn it around.

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied

have fun with him Detroit

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied

Slowik is a position coach, not a coordinator, so it was a solid hire for the Lions.

I am pretty sure Jim Schwartz knows good defensive coaches, and Slowik is a good DB coach.
    Probley still 1 of worst defensive coordinator's in NFL. To bad we got him last year he was terrible...
    Last edited by Chillez; 01-22-2009, 09:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MindField
    replied
    Originally posted by d-bronx42 View Post
    He's still a joke...

Leave a comment:

• Drunk Bronco
    replied
    this team will never learn

Leave a comment:

• d-bronx42
    replied
    Slowik is actually a decent DB coach, he is just not a DC.
    He's still a joke...

Leave a comment:

• MindField
    replied
    Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
    http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...e-backs-coach/

They must be going for another 0-16 season
    Slowik is actually a decent DB coach, he is just not a DC.

Leave a comment:

• theshiverman
    started a topic Lions to Hire Bob Slowik

Lions to Hire Bob Slowik

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...e-backs-coach/

They must be going for another 0-16 season
Working...
X