Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name three players of Broncos past to bring back some balls to the Defense!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it's just me but I'm gonna go by success....aka RINGS

1. Steve Atwater (Okoye....need I say more)
    2. John Mobley (best open field tackler I have seen)
    3. Neil Smith (need a pash rush?)
    "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
    -The best in the business-

Comment

1. Mario Fatafehi

2. Demetrin Veal

3. Jashon Sykes

....Couldn't help myself
      sigpic

Comment

Tom Jackson

Steve Atwater

Karl Mecklenberg

Pretty standard here, No BS.

sigpic

Myself, Shawn (a chefs fan) and Mike on our way home from the Sand Trap in June '06. (Mildenhall AFB)

Comment

1RANDY GRADISHAR he is bottom right for a reason
          STEVE LAY YOU OUT ATWATER
          BILL GET OUT OF MY FACE ROMANOWSKY

Comment

1-Rulon Jones
            2-Karl Mecklenburg
            3-Greg Kragen
            sigpic
            I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

My 3

1 Steve Atwater Punishing hitter
              2 Karl Mecklenburg Hard hitter could played 8 different positions at one time and was great at all of them
              3 Randy Gradishar had a real nose for the ball was always around it

Three of the all time greats in my opinion. Imagine the D with these guys on the field.
              People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

sigpic

Comment

Steve, Randy and Tombstone

Comment

1. Alzado
                  2. Dennis Smith
                  3. Tombstone Jackson

Comment

1. Dennis Smith
                    2. Randy Gradishar
                    3. Lyle Alzado

Comment

Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
                      1-Rulon Jones2-Karl Mecklenburg
                      3-Greg Kragen
                      Good call he could flat out get to the QB

I am going with three of my all time favs

Atwater
                      Mecklenburg
                      Trever Pryce

All three fit in either a 4-3 or a 3-4.... Rock on and suit them up
                      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

1. Steve Atwater
                        2. Trevor Pryce
                        3. Keith Traylor
                        4. Karl Mecklenburg
                        5. Dennis Smith

My top 5 defensive Broncos of all time!

Comment

Why has nobody mentioned the "Browncos"?

They were who we thought they were!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JDAcord View Post
                            For me this was a tough one due to the fact there are many great players that have come through Denver on the defensive side. The was Simon Fletcher, Mecklenberg, Gradishar, Al wilson, Tom Jackson, Atwater, Dennis Smith... So let's break it down like this.

Three players that would bring tenacity, swagger and some kill or be killed attitude to the defense. In short a don't &@^% with the Broncos personality.

Here are mine...

Steve "The Smiling Assassin" Atwater . You all know him and love him, for the obvious reasons he is on here. People were flat out scared to run across the middle on him or break through the line of scrimmage knowing he is on the other side. I remember a line backer saying once that if you have a ball carrier wrapped up, you better get him to the ground quickly because Atwater was comin and he'll hit ya right in back of the head to finish the job.

Bill Romanowski. :brick: You either love this guy if he is on your team and hate him if he is not. But all in all everyone respected him and feared him on the field. He let you know who's field it was no matter who he was facing. His work ethic and along with his die hard attitude far over shaddowed his skills. But he was always around the ball or laying a hit on someone. Plus I dare someone to tell him that.

Tom Jackson. Good Ol' Tom Jackson, the fastest guy on the Broncos...as a linebacker!!! Great instincts and could hit, I know he was a little quiet, but he had a self assurance almost cockiness that the whole defense seemed to absorb. Constantly disrupting plays and around the ball and if he ever got a turnover, look out, no one would catch him including some wide receivers. Him knowing all this, he still cut the sleeves of is uniform to make it look like he was running faster than he really was.

There are definately more choices out there and that is why I am asking your top three players.

Let's have a little fun and take it easy this off season and see how it all pans out.

Go Broncos!!! Orange and Blue Forever!!!
                            I'm giving 4 answers to this one:

1.Fletcher - serious pass rusher
                            2.Gradishar - always on the ball LB
                            3.Mecklenberg - Played multiple positions on "D" and did them all well
                            4.Atwater - the Assassin, need i say more ???

Then you watch this "D" kick some serious a** !!!
                            sigpic

Comment

1) Steve Atwater
                              2) Al Wilson
                              3) Ray Crockett

Comment

Originally posted by JDAcord View Post
                                For me this was a tough one due to the fact there are many great players that have come through Denver on the defensive side. The was Simon Fletcher, Mecklenberg, Gradishar, Al wilson, Tom Jackson, Atwater, Dennis Smith... So let's break it down like this.

Three players that would bring tenacity, swagger and some kill or be killed attitude to the defense. In short a don't &@^% with the Broncos personality.

Here are mine...

Steve "The Smiling Assassin" Atwater . You all know him and love him, for the obvious reasons he is on here. People were flat out scared to run across the middle on him or break through the line of scrimmage knowing he is on the other side. I remember a line backer saying once that if you have a ball carrier wrapped up, you better get him to the ground quickly because Atwater was comin and he'll hit ya right in back of the head to finish the job.

Bill Romanowski. :brick: You either love this guy if he is on your team and hate him if he is not. But all in all everyone respected him and feared him on the field. He let you know who's field it was no matter who he was facing. His work ethic and along with his die hard attitude far over shaddowed his skills. But he was always around the ball or laying a hit on someone. Plus I dare someone to tell him that.

Tom Jackson. Good Ol' Tom Jackson, the fastest guy on the Broncos...as a linebacker!!! Great instincts and could hit, I know he was a little quiet, but he had a self assurance almost cockiness that the whole defense seemed to absorb. Constantly disrupting plays and around the ball and if he ever got a turnover, look out, no one would catch him including some wide receivers. Him knowing all this, he still cut the sleeves of is uniform to make it look like he was running faster than he really was.

There are definately more choices out there and that is why I am asking your top three players.

Let's have a little fun and take it easy this off season and see how it all pans out.

Go Broncos!!! Orange and Blue Forever!!!
                                This is really going back, but how about Lyle Alzado and Rich "Tombstone" Jackson. Tombstone scared everybody, even Alzado...and they were teammates!! Tombstone created the moves that made Deacon Jones great.

Comment

Working...
                                X