Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name three players of Broncos past to bring back some balls to the Defense!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JrtheFreak
    replied
    1) Atwater
    2) Wilson
    3) Elway - yes Elway, the D would play their a$$es off for him...

Leave a comment:

• Strimpel
    replied
    1.Atwater (Duh)
    2.Al wilson
    3. Bill romanowski ()

Leave a comment:

• jdubv724
    replied
    Gradishar, Al Wilson, and Atwater

Leave a comment:

• denver_fan_uk
    replied
    Neil Smith, Atwater and Al Wilson.

Just to keep our defense from being

Leave a comment:

• TONYTZ
    replied
    I can not believe

No one mentioned Afred Williams or Simon Fletcher

Leave a comment:

• blackclouds
    replied
    1) Has to go to Romo. Nobody fears our defense now for obvious reasons. Romanowski was the kind of guy that could make you afraid to touch the ball.

2) Lynch because he could take off some heads as well as anyone and was consistently able to disrupt plays by getting into the backfield.

3) Trevor Pryce. No matter who you have on D it all starts up front and he was one of the best.

Leave a comment:

• Sequence
    replied
    Ma'a Tanuvasa?

seriously, we need some south pacific islanders-Samoans to come in here with some kick-ass attitudes brah. That's why I'm all for Rey with our #1.

Leave a comment:

• dat_dude_e
    replied
    Dominate!

1. Rich "tombstone" Jackson

2. Steve Atwater

3. Bill Romanowski

Enough Said!!

Leave a comment:

• ws20
    replied
    first of all you need someone that scares the whole offense and that someone was ATWATER (1)..
    than you need someone that played with fire and intensity, had the ability to be the general on D like AL WILSON (2)
    and for the third one i think i'd take DENNIS SMITH(3), with atwater making teams think about the run dennis made recievers think twice about going across the middle or catching a pass on that note..
    all three were hard hitters but also kept the offense honest as well.

1. STEVE ATWATER
    2. AL WILSON
    3. DENNIS SMITH

Leave a comment:

• McKinney
    replied
    My three picks would have to be:

1: John Mobley
    2: Tyrone Braxton
    3: Steve Atwater

While there are many I could list, these are the front runners!

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Rich Jackson, Billy Thompson, Randy Gradishar

Leave a comment:

• conannilsen
    replied
    1 - Atwater = Fear. Something No opponent has downfield on us currently.

2 - Mobley = Finally we have a LB at the right place at the right time. Versatility along with toughness.

3 - Howard Griffith = Big F'n Hole. = Ball possession = Rested Defense = Overall Toughness improved for whole D.
    Last edited by conannilsen; 01-29-2009, 01:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• floridabroncos
    replied
    I'm gonna do something a little different. Going to suggest three players who are former Broncos AND still play the game.

Trevor Pryce - One of the best DL we ever had, could easily start inside or outside for us right now.

Deltha O'Neal - Not better than Champ or Bly, but would make a good nickel back. He's got experience and if you look at his body of work, he's better than our third best option.

Kennoy Kennedy - Ok so I'm stretching it here a little, technically he's a free agent at the moment as he was cut last year by the Lions, but he hasn't officially retired either, to my knowledge. The guy could play ball and IIRC the main reason we let him go was because he was a free agent and wanted a long term contract that we weren't willing to pay out for. Certainly better than any safety we have at the moment, other than maybe the rookie, Barrett.

Current Alternate - Since I broke my own rule, I'll give an alternate who is still active. Gerrard Warren. Not great by any means, but better than half of the players we currently have on the DL.

I will note that, given the guys I suggested, other than Pryce, who's still IMO a top 10-15 DT, the rest is just a small improvement over what we have now. Kind of sad that most of the great Defensive players that we had over the last decade are out of the league already. Anyone remember the awesome DL we had in the super bowl years. We only had one or two great players on that line, but we had a great rotation of about 8-10 guys who all played selfishly and IIRC we had probably the deepest line in the NFL. That's a big reason we played good defense those few years, because our defensive line was usually still fresh well into the second half of games.
    Last edited by floridabroncos; 01-28-2009, 08:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lancane
    replied
    1. Steve Atwater
    2. Bill Romanowski
    3. Lyle Alzado

Leave a comment:

• CretorFrigg
    replied
    John Lynch and Al Wilson would be nice. :-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X