Poll for Everybody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll for Everybody

Personally, i HATE it when players celebrate on the field during a game. they should act like they made a play before and focus on the next one instead of basking in the glory of the last. wait til after the game to celebrate. its ok to be pumped up during the game, but celebrating and taunting should be frowned upon IMO.
    yes, it shows how good you are
    60.71%
    no, it shows how immature you are
    39.29%
    Last edited by Return of Lava; 12-02-2003, 09:43 PM.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

I think it's great. It's entertaining. Reminds me of my favorite scene in Jerry Maguire :p

Comment

I think it's ok as long as it's not a long drag out design like what the Rams used to do (which looked real cool though)

I can't stand the Sprinkler though by the Seahawk recievers.

Jonnie Mortan's worm is cool...but it got lame quick....so a quick spike....or a spin on the ground is cool.

Although last year....Portis scored and made all sorts of dances.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
      2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

When a team scores a touchdown, forces a fumble, makes a interception, causes a saftey, sacks the QB, stops the team on the 1, and winning the game would be the only reasons why someone should really celebrate on the field, but it really shouldn't last more then 1 minute on the field.... Other then that, I dont see something that big that is worth getting all hyped up about
        Remember kids, being a grammar Nazi makes you cool!

Comment

Any Given Sunday: Throw the ball up in the air, when it hits the ground, all fall down.

Kinda like the Ikey Shuffle
          ...And [sic 'he'] is given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth....

Comment

I wish you would've been more specific. I say (almost) anything goes when it comes to endzone celebrations. The Redskin's "Fun Bunch" celebration was pretty cool. Touchdowns are big plays, in general, and I think players should express the excitement they feel when they make a big play.

But if you stone a running back for a two yard loss on 1st & 10 at the 50 yard line, maybe you should hold off on acting like a samurai or shadow boxing. At least wait till you stop them on third down and force them to punt if you absolutely, positively must do something.
            sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Broncos
              if you stone a running back for a two yard loss on 1st & 10 at the 50 yard line, maybe you should hold off on acting like a samurai or shadow boxing.
              lol

yeah it depends on what your definition of celebrate is. high fives and the mile high salute aren't a big deal. running to the 50 or keeping a sharpie in your sock is always moronic.
              it also depends on the play. if you've got some time because special teams are coming on or the game ended then there is more leeway than when the players need to huddle.
              its possible to celebrate with class.
              sigpic
              go broncos
              share the sidewalk
              liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

I wish you would've been more specific.
                you're right. i was actually talking about the littler things like breaking up a pass or converting a 3rd down or getting a sack. those types of things i dont like to see much celebrating and i like guys who stay poised and act like they were supposed to do it. Not guys who jump around after they do it like they just got lucky.
                dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

But if you stone a running back for a two yard loss on 1st & 10 at the 50 yard line, maybe you should hold off on acting like a samurai or shadow boxing. At least wait till you stop them on third down and force them to punt if you absolutely, positively must do something.
                  Just another thought along this line. I don't mind a modest celebration when something goes well for a team or player. What I hate is when a team is down 35 - 3 and they get a sack or stop a play, and they dance like they just won the Superbowl. Dude, you're down 5 scores, celebrate when and if you get back in the game.

made by snk16

Comment

:jumping: :jumping:

I really like the post play celebrations. I want to see our players fired up! The more fired up we are, the better we play. The rules on celebration are fair.... so show some spirit, show some character!

GO BRONCOS!!!! POOP ON THE cHIEFS!!!!
                    Do or do not.... there is NO try

Comment

Just call him Pimpin' Powtis!

Comment

I think it has gotting a little out of control (like the throat slashing thing on the titan player this monday) but, the officials are doing the best they can to keep it under control....I guess...I like the denver salute it's not to dramatic it's kind of cool

Comment

The Mile High Salute encapsulates all that the Broncos are for me. Finesse, power, and teamwork. When you finish the drive its the perfect way for the players to say "Yeah, we did our job"

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
                            you're right. i was actually talking about the littler things like breaking up a pass or converting a 3rd down or getting a sack.
                            I'm with you, with one minor exception: When the sack (or 3rd down conversion) is THE one that makes the difference between winning the game and losing the game. But granted, those are very, very rare.

The one celebratory thing I'll never, ever grow tired of is the Mile Hi Salute.

Comment

We have to remember these are highly intense and emotional men playing a highly intense and emotional game. Very seldom I think, are the celebrations (for anything) pre-meditated. It is just an emotional reaction to the circumstances.

I know there are times I'm watching games where I find myself jumping up and yelling at the TV (cause that'll get results), but it is truly just a reaction. Heck now I have to watch my 2 year old pace around the living room yelling "C'mon D". I hope she learns to love the game like I do.

Something like the TO sharpie incident was totally planned and therefore I feel totally out of line. For the majority though I think it's great to see the passion with which these warriors play this incredible game.
                              Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                              X