Poll for Everybody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pikman
    We have to remember these are highly intense and emotional men playing a highly intense and emotional game. Very seldom I think, are the celebrations (for anything) pre-meditated. It is just an emotional reaction to the circumstances.

I know there are times I'm watching games where I find myself jumping up and yelling at the TV (cause that'll get results), but it is truly just a reaction. Heck now I have to watch my 2 year old pace around the living room yelling "C'mon D". I hope she learns to love the game like I do.

Something like the TO sharpie incident was totally planned and therefore I feel totally out of line. For the majority though I think it's great to see the passion with which these warriors play this incredible game.
    I completely agree with you here.

The thing that bothers me is when a defensive player stops a running play for a yard on 1st down and then proceeds to taunt the crowd and act stupid. If it were a 3rd down play and they denied the first then OK, I give em the right for stopping a drive, but when it happens on 1st and 2nd down it is totally uncalled for and I get annoyed even if it is a Bronco player.

GO BRONCOS!!
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

hahahahaha TO is a turd. But the Sharpie thing was classic. Original. Funny. Confident.

Tony G's 2nd touchdown against the Chargers... He was asked afterwards why he didn't dunk the ball like he always does. He said during the play prior to his TD he missed a blocking assignment that would have put Priest in the endzone with his 3rd TD of the day.

Because he screwed up he didn't feel he deserved to celebrate.

Hate the Chiefs all you want. But thats class.

Comment

well said.
        ...And [sic 'he'] is given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth....

Comment

Re: Poll for Everybody

Originally posted by Return of Lava
          Personally, i HATE it when players celebrate on the field during a game. they should act like they made a play before and focus on the next one instead of basking in the glory of the last. wait til after the game to celebrate. its ok to be pumped up during the game, but celebrating and taunting should be frowned upon IMO.
          One of the first times I've agreed with an entire post of yours Lava !!! ( no offense intended of course ). I agree wholeheartedly.

Just a plug for the quality players ( ie. Eddie Mac ). He makes a beautiful 3rd down clutch catch, gets up ( from the likely smack he took from an opposing safety ), tosses the ball to the official, and jogs back to the huddle. No head spins, Irish jigs, or belly flop dances.

I'm all for keeping intensity up, but for God sake.... if you make a reception, complete a pass, or run for one more yard past the 1st down sticks; does it really necessitate that you spend the next 3 minutes creating some new dance step to emphasize the fact?

I wouldn't mind it so bad if it weren't for the players that make a mediocre or average play ( ie... one they are expected to make routinely ) didn't get so out of hand with the celebration.

Like Lava said.... save the celebration for after the game.

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
          ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

This is part of the game.Of course your supposed to celebrate when you score a TD or make another big play.This is a GAME.

Clinton and Rod chillin with the fans.

Comment

agggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I find the results to the poll question upsetting. I can't stand the constant bull crap that goes on even after someone does what they are supposed to do, make a freakin tackle, I say GROW UP AND ACT LIKE YOU'VE DONE IT BEFORE. I find my kid (he's seven) acting like a moron when we are just goofing around and I have to explain just how childish and stupid the "pros" look when they act like pinheads. ACT LIKE YOU'VE DONE IT BEFORE.
              GO BRONCOS

Comment

I think the poll reflects the fact that lots of people agree with SOME celebrating on huge plays.

Not necessarily celebrating all the time for any given tackle.

I also do not think kids should be celebrating any more than a couple knocks on the helmet and pats on the behind.

Comment

Re: Poll for Everybody

Originally posted by Return of Lava
                  Personally, i HATE it when players celebrate on the field during a game. they should act like they made a play before and focus on the next one instead of basking in the glory of the last. wait til after the game to celebrate. its ok to be pumped up during the game, but celebrating and taunting should be frowned upon IMO.
                  Though some of them are out of control, TD celebrations are generally OK.

The one celebration I don't care for is when a special teams player makes a tackle. I mean, isn't that what they are supposed to do?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mer
                    hahahahaha TO is a turd. But the Sharpie thing was classic. Original. Funny. Confident.

Tony G's 2nd touchdown against the Chargers... He was asked afterwards why he didn't dunk the ball like he always does. He said during the play prior to his TD he missed a blocking assignment that would have put Priest in the endzone with his 3rd TD of the day.

Because he screwed up he didn't feel he deserved to celebrate.

Hate the Chiefs all you want. But thats class.
                    LOL yeah right, he probably just forgot. Either way, i bet he missed theblock on purpose, Holmes gets all the TD's. I'm sure gonzo just wanted a piece.
                    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Working...
                    X