broncos and the playoffs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncos and the playoffs...

if denver wins 3 outta the next 4 (or run the table) they should get in. and i think they should deserve to. if they beat kc, indy in indy, and gb in gb, they would not only be the hottest team headin into the playoffs. if they dont win @least 3 outta 4, they wont make the playoffs but wouldn't deserve going to the playoffs in my eyes. you cant loose games @ home to teams less than .500 and expect to go. BUT, if they win 3 outta 4 they deserve to go and might play well enough to make a run. all i know is the broncos are the last team that would like to see denver in the playoffs. i wonder if any of them remember the last time denver went to kc for a playoff game)))) U KNOW THEY DO)))))))

I am feeling you, dawg!! I think that the Broncos can and will make a heck of run and win the next four games. I think that we are very able to beat the Chefs and get into the playoffs. I only hope that we do not run out of gas once we are in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by JellyBean2144
      I am feeling you, dawg!! I think that the Broncos can and will make a heck of run and win the next four games. I think that we are very able to beat the Chefs and get into the playoffs. I only hope that we do not run out of gas once we are in the playoffs.
      Naw if they make the play offs trust me they aint running out of gas. They are just fittin to kick in the nitros. LOL

Comment

I find it ironic that the Broncos are in the same situation this year as last year.

With 4 games left in the season, needing to run the board (to insure a playoff berth) & facing Oakland Griese blew it for us. His lack of concern on the field and leadership dropped us out of the playoffs faster than Clinton dropping his pants.

With 4 games left in this season, needing to run the board (to insure a playoff berth) I am very confident that Plummer will do what Griese couldn't. But even if we go 2-2 and miss the playoffs I'm still excited since this is Plummer's first year on the team and already the offense is better than it was with Griese.

Not to look down the road too much (as I'm still enjoying the present season) but next year will be a great season!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazie
          Naw if they make the play offs trust me they aint running out of gas. They are just fittin to kick in the nitros. LOL
          I think this is a good point. We see it in all different sports where teams peak too soon (See KC Chiefs) and then burn out before they win a championship.

If/When the Broncos run the table they will be peaking at just the right time to make a solid run through the playoffs.

Of course with a loss this weekend it may all be for not.

BUT WE KNOW THAT AINT HAPPENIN BABY
          Goooooooooooooooooooooo BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by pikman
            I think this is a good point. We see it in all different sports where teams peak too soon (See KC Chiefs) and then burn out before they win a championship.

If/When the Broncos run the table they will be peaking at just the right time to make a solid run through the playoffs.

Of course with a loss this weekend it may all be for not.

BUT WE KNOW THAT AINT HAPPENIN BABY
            Goooooooooooooooooooooo BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Hey ... if the Jets seriously think they have a chance, then why shouldn't the Broncos?

I will say this: If the Broncos run the table, they'd certainly deserve a playoff berth.
            Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

I'm with you guys...

Not only do we have a great opportunity this year to do something special, but next year will be even better.

Also, I think we're over the humps... (i.e. the injury hump, the hype hump, the hooch hump)

We have yet to peak and if it's going to happen then the next couple of months would be a great time.

Go Broncos!!!
              Winter is Coming!

Comment

Broncos miss playoffs...again.

Broncos wont win in Indy, not with that passing game. Then no chance at all at Green Bay where it'll be freezing and Favre is like 34-2 in games under 30 degrees at home. that puts the Broncos at 9-7 at best (if they beat the Chiefs) and a pesky browns team (remember, the Bears won in Denver). Not a pretty picture is it. Chief fan friends of mine say they dont care about this gsame, cause the chiefs are already in and Denver is gonna be out. Thats a load of crap.

Comment

didn't the Chiefs had the best record in the NFL 97 and the AFC West and lost to the Broncos at Arrowhead in the playoffs?

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                  2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Re: Broncos miss playoffs...again.

Originally posted by bjo
                    Broncos wont win in Indy, not with that passing game. Then no chance at all at Green Bay where it'll be freezing and Favre is like 34-2 in games under 30 degrees at home. that puts the Broncos at 9-7 at best (if they beat the Chiefs) and a pesky browns team (remember, the Bears won in Denver). Not a pretty picture is it. Chief fan friends of mine say they dont care about this gsame, cause the chiefs are already in and Denver is gonna be out. Thats a load of crap.
                    I can't tell if you're a KC fan or just a pessimistic Broncos fan. Either way, you're correct in that those games will be tough. But you're wrong to say there's "no chance at all."

I worry more about the Indy game than the Green Bay game. Indy is 4-2 at home and they do have a very potent passing attack. But their ground game is questionable, as is their defense. This should be the toughest remaining game, but it's still winnable.

Green Bay, if you haven't noticed, is 3-3 at home this year. The "renovation" of Lambeau Field has had a negative effect on the Pack's home-field advantage just like Denver's new stadium has. Favre is a great QB but he's looking mortal this season. 18 TD's, 16 INT's. I think Arrowhead is a much tougher place to win now than Lambeau and the Broncos almost won there. I'm not saying it will be easy but this game is also very winnable.

I'm most concerned with just beating KC this week. If win don't win this one, then next ones might not matter.
                    "You can't take the sky from me..."
                    ------
                    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyAsian
                      didn't the Chiefs had the best record in the NFL 97 and the AFC West and lost to the Broncos at Arrowhead in the playoffs?

Yes ... and your point?
                      Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Originally posted by ReasonableChief
                        Yes ... and your point?
                        Sometimes lightning does indeed strike twice...

Comment

Originally posted by LawDog
                          Sometimes lightning does indeed strike twice...
                          Actually, it could strike thrice. KC had home-field throughout the playoffs in 1995 as well and lost their first game to the Colts.

It's just one of those things Chiefs fans will worry about a little bit until can break through. Hopefully it won't be this year.
                          "You can't take the sky from me..."
                          ------
                          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Long live the Ghost of Schottenheimer!

Comment

Originally posted by LawDog
                              Long live the Ghost of Schottenheimer!
                              How many playoff games has Denver won since Elway left? And when was the last one they won without Elway?

Talk about living in the past. Guess it's one of those things the Broncos will have to fight until they can get back in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X