Most Memorable Bronco Game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Super Bowl 32 sitting next to a group of cheeseheads!!!! Best...Game...Ever. And Super Bowl 33 is a close second, because I got to see Elway's last game in person.
    I couldn't imagine how insane that would be to be at the super bowl. Especially elways lat game wow!

Been to a lot of bronco games. But unfortunately never been to a playoff game.

My dad had afc championship tickets. In 96 I think it was. When we lost to jacksonville in the divisional game. I think that was one of the worst days in my life
    sigpic

Raiders @ Broncos 9-30-12

Comment

Originally posted by Odendahl View Post
      I would have to say against San Diego when Davis broke the 2000 yard mark. that was special still have a crappy photo (not digital) of the scoreboard message when he broke it.
      they sat him in the third quarter and the fans went nuts he could of come close to the record he was having a field day.
      That game was against Seattle. He did not sit the third quarter, either, as I recall. He needed around 170 yards to hit the 2000 that game, because he only gained around 40 the week before against Miami.

I DO remember the entire crowd chanting TD over and over. Once Elway hit his 300th TD pass, the game became about TD getting his 2000. What a game!

However, my most memorable game is the first home game I went to vs. Carolina in 1997. We beat them 34-0. After the game, we waited for autographs. The big names trickled out one by one. John Elway came out, waved and apologized for not signing. He was late for his radio show, but you could tell he would have stopped if he could. TD signed a bunch. Eddie Mac signed a few. Shannon Sharpe walked right on by without even looking at anyone. No acknowledgement whatsoever. Romo signed several. Near the end, a man stepped out seemingly unrecognized by the crowd. After a few steps, someone yelled "Mr. Smith!" There he was, Bronco great Rod Smith. He patiently went around the perimeter of the gates and signed every single item that was held out to him. He spoke to fans. He thanked them for coming to see the game. The man was, and is, pure class. Four years from now, we should be yelling about his Hall of Fame snub. Forget Shannon Sharpe. Rod should get there first.
      Proud Bronco fan since 1975. I just wish every football player out there today was more like my man Rod Smith. Knowing we will never see him on the field again is very hard. He gave everything he had and left his guts on the field. I will miss him.

Comment

Redskins vs. Broncos - 95

6 seconds remaining.

down by 6 on the Redskinns 40 yrd line

Elway long pass to Rod Smith (his first pro catch) - TD, win

I was in the south stands and Rod caught the ball right in front of us.

Epic:salute!:
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
          Super Bowl 32 sitting next to a group of cheeseheads!!!! Best...Game...Ever. And Super Bowl 33 is a close second, because I got to see Elway's last game in person.
          You were at both of those Super Bowls?

I ooze with jealousy. WOW.

For me the most memorable game I attended was the AFC Championship game against Cleveland on January 17th, 1988. The infamous "fumble" game.

I sat in Mile High Stadium for years but that game was by far the most intense and exciting for me. The stadium noise was incredible. And I got to sit 30 rows behind the Bronco bench.

Of course going on to get spanked by the Redskins in the Super Bowl, I could easily forget how that season ended.
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Being that I am a fairly young fan, my earliest and best memory would be the Super Bowl against GB.

I also went to the Broncos-Jets game this year, I know I will never forget that day the rest of my life. Cutler's 59 yard TD to Royal was one of my favorite plays of the 08 season. I was the only person in the box that kept saying it was a touchdown... all the sour jet fans kept saying his foot went out of bounds .

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
              You were at both of those Super Bowls?

I ooze with jealousy. WOW.

For me the most memorable game I attended was the AFC Championship game against Cleveland on January 17th, 1988. The infamous "fumble" game.

I sat in Mile High Stadium for years but that game was by far the most intense and exciting for me. The stadium noise was incredible. And I got to sit 30 rows behind the Bronco bench.

Of course going on to get spanked by the Redskins in the Super Bowl, I could easily forget how that season ended.
              My Brother-In-Law is Mobley. Believe me that is the only way I could have gone to those two games. My family has had season tix since they started, and then to actually have a member of the Broncos in the family is pretty surreal. And I remember the 'fumble' game. I don't think I was ever so nervous at a game. But the Orange Leprechaun brought them some much needed luck. I miss Mile High very much. It's just not the same.

Comment

Been too,
                would have been playoff game in 90 when we beat Pittsburg. I was in the horseshoe first level. Man was it loud and awesome.

Watched
                Either Halloween night Monday night football against the Colts 88 i think, whats his name got like 400 yards against us. Then again later same season Monday night agaisnt the Raiders, Score like 32 - 0 Broncos up at hald time. Final score 32-34 Raiders. I got so drunk that night, i got kicked out of the NCO bar before the end of the game and stole my full pitcher of beer and took it back to the barracks with me to cry in it and watch the rest of the game.

Exciting.
                Super bowl 32, edge of my seat for 3.25 hrs, need i say more.
                Super bowl 33 revenge is so sweet when served cold.

Comment

I have been very fortunate to go to many games. I was at "The Fumble" game- last row, 5th level of the North Endzon. Nobody in the stadium was farther away from the play

I was behinmd the goal posts in the North Stands for "The Drive2". Both 4th down conversions Elway pulled out on that drive were right in front of us.

However, in 1985 I saw a true Mile High Miracle. If anyone can find video of that I would be sooo thrilled. We were playing the San Diego Chargers and the game went to Overtime. San Diego drove into position for a relatively easy field goal. The ball is snapped...Dennis Smith blocks the field goal and Loius wirght comes up with the ball. BUT WAIT! The crowd was so loud that nobody could hear the whistle blow. Dennis Smith had called time out right before the snap- negating the play. So they line back up...Dennis Smith blocks it AGAIN! This time Louis Wright grabbed it on the bounce and ran it back for a TD to win the game. Complete pandemonium at the stadium!

Comment

Originally posted by Odendahl View Post
                    I would have to say against San Diego when Davis broke the 2000 yard mark. that was special still have a crappy photo (not digital) of the scoreboard message when he broke it.
                    they sat him in the third quarter and the fans went nuts he could of come close to the record he was having a field day.
                    Are you sure you were at that game? It was Seattle, not San Diego.

And they sat him in the fourth quarter, not the third.

He was having a field day though. That game was great, and definitely my most memorable. My buddy and I got on jumbotron holding our sign:

"HOW DO YOU SPELL TERRELL DAVIS?

MVP."

I also attended the last Broncos game in the Kingdome in Seattle when I was in college at Montana. That was a great game, and we kicked the crap out of the squawks.
                    In Manning I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                      Redskins vs. Broncos - 95

6 seconds remaining.

down by 6 on the Redskinns 40 yrd line

Elway long pass to Rod Smith (his first pro catch) - TD, win

I was in the south stands and Rod caught the ball right in front of us.

Epic:salute!:
                      YES! I forgot about that game. We were heading out (time running down, still 40 yards away...) and were right along the chain link fence when Rod Smith -- ROD ****ING SMITH!!! -- went up and got that ball. That was the first time Smith had looked any better than a rookie FA receiver, if I remember correctly. He had a lot of drops early in his career, ya know.
                      In Manning I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by smite View Post
                        Mine has to be my first game as well, Being from Ontario Canada, I don't see many live games.

It was the Bills home opener 2007. I had a jersey bet with my Bills friend. preparing myself for the embarrassment of waring a Bills jersey. Elam kicked the "fire drill" field goal at the last second. They're is something about 70,000 screaming fans turn dead silent that was so satisfying.
                        I was there too, that was my favorite game so far as well.
                        Last edited by DaChAmPiShErE24; 02-11-2009, 01:56 PM.
                        sigpic

Check out my NFL Draft website!

Comment

on tv...

the monday night green bay game in the snow...sometime around 83 or 84....you couldn;t see the field...and the first two plays from scrimmage for the packers resulted in fumbles that the broncos returned for touchdowns...the broncos had a 14-0 lead 30 seconds into the game...they held on for a 17-14 win

live...

the game at giant stadium that ended their perfect season after the 13-0 start

i had tickets that were first row, exact 50 yard line on the broncos side of the field...i got to listen to giant fans heckle elway mercilessly for 3 hours

Comment

Working...
                          X