X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chillez View Post
    IF Champ does restructure his contract that be awesome:salute!:

Larry Fitzgerald going to why not Champ

Yuo guys nee to get ff Fitz's nuts it makes no sense for Champ to restructure his cash....
    -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
      Yuo guys nee to get ff Fitz's nuts it makes no sense for Champ to restructure his cash....
      Ok I did not say HAD to it just be nice... calm down there
      sigpic

Comment

Sure it does, for the good of the TEAM.......

Comment

Originally posted by jvw View Post
          Sure it does, for the good of the TEAM.......
          Do you think NFL players really give 2cents about the good of the team? Its about that cash homie! St raight cash !
          -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Originally posted by jvw View Post
            Restructure his contract and help this team out. I was under the impression that with a number of cuts that this team would be around the ball park of 30 million under the cap, I believe rookie money was already taken out of the equation. If there is that much money and champ restructured Denver could be a great shape to sign pretty much any body they wanted to, and then some. :go:
            I think if they re-structure his contract, that I hope they add some clauses/incentives tied to his games played, or how many snaps he participates in...
            sigpic
            I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

I dont think that restructuring is the answer... Yeah it gives you relief this year but you either add a couple years on or you put more money on the back end... So next year will be some huge number and we will be forced to cut him and then get no compinsation. We would be better off with either a trade or a new deal all together... But with what players like Samual, and Assamwhats his name are going to get... He is going to want biger, and with his play he should get it.... Trading him is the best bet
              Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Do you think NFL players really give 2cents about the good of the team? Its about that cash homie! St raight cash !
                You sound like they are bad people for that?? That is all anyone wants. Since thier contract are not garaunteed I cant blame them for wanting the biggest paycheck. These guys have families and bills and they are just trying to do what is best for them
                Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

You can restructure a contract without losing money, they do it all the time.

By way of extension, converting part of his remaining salary into a singing bonus and spreading it out over an extra season or two it lowers his cap number.

Since this bonus is guaranteed, it makes perfect sense for Bailey, and if he wants to win sometime in this decade he'd consider it if they agree to make some free agent moves. If they do not agree to make some moves, then Bailey have zero reason to restructure.......

Comment

Never happen.......

Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
                    I think if they re-structure his contract, that I hope they add some clauses/incentives tied to his games played, or how many snaps he participates in...
                    That's the kind of crap they give players like Dwayne Robertson, not ProBowler's like Champ Bailey.......Bailey is holding all the cards and this isn't Madden 09, the Broncos are dealing with real, live human beings who have the ability to laugh right in their face when presented with such BS.

No place needs somebody to point out the obvious like this place, so here goes: Champ Bailey has missed all of 10 games in his entire career, before last season he's never missed more than two in a season.......Bailey has proven that he doesn't need an "incentive" to play.

Scrubs like Elvis Dumervil are given ridiculous excuses like a thumb injury when criticized for a lack of production, but a future Hall of Famer in his prime should take a street free agents contract?

It'll never happen.......

Comment

what you haven't grasped.. despite several pointing it out to you.. is that Champ can "restructure" his contract, without LOSING any money. He simply defers his base salary to a new 'signing bonus'.. thus.. getting more money up-front.. which is what players want anyway. Then their base salary is less per season, they get more money up front... but the team is still paying him his salary bonus down the road.

As far as players not "caring for the team"... yes... many players "care for team." Restructuring is very VERY common. That way the team gets more free cash, the team can improve the squad.. and they can get more wins. Perhaps you don't watch much NFL.
                      Last edited by Ravage!!!; 02-10-2009, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
                        This is EXACTLY whta champ would NOT do. Why would he take money away from what he's earning to make it into "incentive" laden??? Would you do that to YOUR salary??

If you were guaranteed 80k a year.. but the boss says "do us a favor, change your contract so that you only earn based on the number of sales you make instead of being guaranteed the money. If you do WELL..and make lots of sales, you can earn that 80k you were originally going to make."

Plus... if the "incentives" you put into his contract are considered to be incentives LIKELY to be reached..... they count against THIS years cap space anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                          You sound like they are bad people for that?? That is all anyone wants. Since thier contract are not garaunteed I cant blame them for wanting the biggest paycheck. These guys have families and bills and they are just trying to do what is best for them
                          I dont think there bad for that dude! Not at all! They give thier bodies up..

Also if Champ restructured his deal. He could be potentially cut at the b4 its up. There4 he wouldnt se all the money...
                          -Bronco in UT

Helll of a post

Comment

Yes, I do think that players give :2cents: about the team. It is not uncommon for a player to restructure his contract to help bring in other talent to get that particular team over a hump that they (Broncos) are trying so hard to get to. Champ would not be losing any money in a restructure, he will probably get the same amount just strung out over a longer period of time

Comment

Right now we are a mere 17 million under the cap, a far cry from the projected 35-40 million

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...rs/#more-11223

Comment

Working...
                              X