• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Momentum View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFan1088 View Post
      So theres no other arguments against Hillis playing RB over FB?
      Well Momentums was, Hmmmmmmmm. But other then that, Nope Hillis should be our starting RB next season, If he earns it in TC which I have little doubt he will.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

Hillis is mean, aggressive and makes the defense fear our running game. The attitude he brings is awesome for the lockerroom and the team really seems to feed off of his success.

I would be comfortable with putting the game in the hands of Hillis anytime. He is a potential big play on every down and his hard running style just wears and grinds down the defense...especially the Corners.

Imagine the play action effect we would get with Hillis in the backfield! Hillis also keeps the opposing teams offense off the field and he usually punches it in for a touch down.

And another great thing about Him is how reliable he is. NO fumbles on 68 carries, not too bad considering how many touches he got a game. He runs with a brutal style, but some how manages to suffer as little damage as possible....except for that circus-catch he made in the KC game...that was a bad day

Im all for Hillis to be our starting RB....and a crazy idea would be to have Torain as FB.

Comment

Sorry...but no...

I'd rather us be a better team by having him as our starting FB, (and one of the best FB's in the NFL) with another quality RB behind him, than our starting RB and some scrub FB in front of him.

People seem to be unable to comprehend that a FB can run just as much as an RB + they can audible in to WR/TE sets... and with hands like Hillis, that's a huge plus.

You can run in a T formation. Could hand off to Hills or perhaps the RB... teams will have to account for both. It will be a dangerous combo... we could even audible the RB to the WR slot and hand off to Hillis... lots of crazy stuff to do with him at the FB.

Putting him at RB hurts this team more than it helps unless we have no other option... he can do even more for us at FB, and revolutionize the position.

Comment

Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
            Sorry...but no...

I'd rather us be a better team by having him as our starting FB, (and one of the best FB's in the NFL) with another quality RB behind him, than our starting RB and some scrub FB in front of him.

People seem to be unable to comprehend that a FB can run just as much as an RB + they can audible in to WR/TE sets... and with hands like Hillis, that's a huge plus.

You can run in a T formation. Could hand off to Hills or perhaps the RB... teams will have to account for both. It will be a dangerous combo... we could even audible the RB to the WR slot and hand off to Hillis... lots of crazy stuff to do with him at the FB.

Putting him at RB hurts this team more than it helps unless we have no other option... he can do even more for us at FB, and revolutionize the position.
            I don't see Mcdaniels running power eye often of the type of things he was doing in New England have any relfection on what he plans to do here.

I say he will probably use 1 back most of the time and that one back should without a doubt be Hillis, because he can not only run very well and lifts the teams momentum with his style of play, but because he has great hands if he does a quick block and runs out of the backfield for a quick pass. I don't see us doing power eye unless in short yardage situations and if thats the case it would be a waste to have him sit on the sideline for some fast RB who might not have that IT factor when hes got the ball in his hand.

If there is so little difference between him at RB or FB then why do you insist on him at FB? He even said he has always wanted to be a RB but never got a chance because he was behind Mcfadden and Jones. For all the one back sets I'd much rather see him in there then any other guy.

A RB can also audible into WR/TE and with hands like Hillis that would be a huge plus. And think that is our best option if we do not use a two back set often. Which it would seem Mcdaniels would not be using the two back set from looking at what he did in NE.
            Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

Comment

Hillis is our best RB by far. He needs to get at least 15 carries a game. But Hillis is so much more than just a RB. He blocks like a beast and has some of the best hands on the team. With his skill set and his 4.5 speed I bet we see him line up at FB, RB, HB, and TE. The guy is a stud

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFan1088 View Post
                I don't see Mcdaniels running power eye

Gotta love the off season!

Comment

Hillis to start baby.Lets pick up a good fullback and hillis is goin to be a freak

Comment

Remember John L. Williams and Curt Warner for rival Seattle Seahawks.
                    We need a dual threat running attack. A bread and butter fullback (Hillis?) and a wiry tenacious halfback, who will also block (Maurice Morris anyone?).
                    Not just occasionally, we need two backs in the backfield on every play, rain or shine, pass or run. No ifs or buts. Three options: pass, halfback or fullback. Gobble, gobble, gobble.
                    mooncamping is a new Cleveland Browns fan

Comment

Seeing is beleaving

And he has absolutely convinced me that he should be our future RB. Just look at the videos of what he has done, Hillis is a BEAST! and plays with as much heart as I have ever seen. Defenses can't stop him. He just runs over everybody and let not forget his catching skills.

Comment

Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
                        Sorry...but no...

Thank you, and the key sentence, is the one I've highlighted. He definitely can do more, and score a lot more TD's. Jacobs from the Giants, in 13 games last season, he scored 15 touchdowns. It comes down to how they used the guy, and 15 TD's are better than 15 field goals, or INTs in the red zone
                        He definitely has the potential to revolutionize the position in the same way Shannon Sharpe did to the TE position :salute!:
                        sigpic
                        I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

is everyone here dumb, or just trying to antagonize?

go watch mcdaniels offense with the patriots and tell me how many times they have used a FB. now, given we will be running the same offense here, why would he have him at FB if the offense doesnt use one?

so stupid.
                          sig pic removed by mod staff.
                          we do not allow site advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by tsiguy96 View Post
                            is everyone here dumb, or just trying to antagonize?

go watch mcdaniels offense with the patriots and tell me how many times they have used a FB. now, given we will be running the same offense here, why would he have him at FB if the offense doesnt use one?

so stupid.
                            Take comfort in the fact the Hillis for FB coalition does not make personnel decisions.

Moving Hillis to FB, places him on the bench for 70% of the snaps. He will be used heavily in single back sets because he can do everything.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                            J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                            R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Before you call everyone here dumb, let me fix your reply below, so that you don't look like one
                              Originally posted by tsiguy96 View Post
                              Is everyone here dumb, or just trying to antagonize?

Go watch mcdaniels offense with the patriots and tell me how many times they have used a FB. Now, given we will be running the same offense here, why would he have him at FB if the offense doesn't use one?

So stupid.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
                                Take comfort in the fact the Hillis for FB coalition does not make personnel decisions.

Moving Hillis to FB, places him on the bench for 70% of the snaps. He will be used heavily in single back sets because he can do everything.
                                Not necessarily, and not even an accurate intelligent reply on your part at all!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X