Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peyton Hillis for Starting RB Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by blackclouds View Post
    Well of course he should have to compete for the job through preseason just like everybody else, but he should be competing for the HB job not FB. And with his playmaker ability and work ethic it is hard to see anyone else beating him.
    I hope he gets the chance at HB. But it all depends on how McDainels see's him.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by D.J.55 View Post
      I hope he gets the chance at HB. But it all depends on how McDainels see's him.
      True that. Of course his offensive teamates have all made comments about how he made such a huge impact and how losing him hurt them more than anything last season so their opinions should speak volumes to McD.
      Draft Clay Matthews Jr.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by blackclouds View Post
        True that. Of course his offensive teamates have all made comments about how he made such a huge impact and how losing him hurt them more than anything last season so their opinions should speak volumes to McD.
        if it amkes anyone feel better, shanny said at the end of the year hillis would get a shot at HB in camp this year, before he was fired. he said you cant ignore a RB hitting over 5.0ypc, and that hillis wants to stay at tailback, so hell get his shot. considering we were moving to a more spread offense like the pats run, im sure mcdaniels will see it the same way.
        sig pic removed by mod staff.
        we do not allow site advertising.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by tsiguy96 View Post
          if it amkes anyone feel better, shanny said at the end of the year hillis would get a shot at HB in camp this year, before he was fired. he said you cant ignore a RB hitting over 5.0ypc, and that hillis wants to stay at tailback, so hell get his shot. considering we were moving to a more spread offense like the pats run, im sure mcdaniels will see it the same way.
          He even talked about putting him in as TE or swinging him out to WR, kinda like they did with Tony. I think with Tony, Daniel, and Hillis their are things we can do to confuse a D that no other team really can.

          Either way, we want Hillis back and we need to put the ball in his hands. HB is the way to do that.

          Any word on how Hillis is doing?
          Last edited by SlyBronco; 02-15-2009, 03:49 AM.


          :salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by BroncoFan1088 View Post
            So theres no other arguments against Hillis playing RB over FB?
            Get another guy in there and have them share the time.
            You guys are sold on hillis after like 4 games.
            I dont hate the guy but i'm not sold yet
            Just incase hillis gets injured again we dont have another army of running backs coming into the game at different times.
            I mean i like the guys strenth i like the guy ability to miss tackles and i really love this guys ability to break them.
            but he didnt sell me last year.



            Welcome to the internet where men are men women are men and kids are FBI agents.

            i want that as my tag but for the life of me cant figure out how to do it.
            Don't Draft Bradford...
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Raiderhater_07 View Post
              Get another guy in there and have them share the time.
              You guys are sold on hillis after like 4 games.
              I dont hate the guy but i'm not sold yet
              Just incase hillis gets injured again we dont have another army of running backs coming into the game at different times.
              I mean i like the guys strenth i like the guy ability to miss tackles and i really love this guys ability to break them.
              but he didnt sell me last year.



              Welcome to the internet where men are men women are men and kids are FBI agents.

              i want that as my tag but for the life of me cant figure out how to do it.

              I'm not against having another back, prreferrably a speed back, to complement Hillis. I just want to see Hillis get 15 touches a game, some runs and some passes, because the guy is a wear down the defense type of player.

              I also want to see Hillis in for the singleback formations, those 4 games he played we won 3 in a large part thanks to him and lost one and his TD was our only one that game.
              Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Raiderhater_07 View Post
                Get another guy in there and have them share the time.
                You guys are sold on hillis after like 4 games.
                I dont hate the guy but i'm not sold yet
                Just incase hillis gets injured again we dont have another army of running backs coming into the game at different times.
                I mean i like the guys strenth i like the guy ability to miss tackles and i really love this guys ability to break them.
                but he didnt sell me last year.


                Hillis isnt injury plagued because by saying "again" your basically saying just that

                Comment


                • #83
                  Selvin would be a good back to compliment Hillis.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    You need to be an excellent blocker to be a truly good Fullback. Hillis is not an excellent blocker, he is a much better ball carrier. I'm still waiting for someone to show me one good block he made at Fullback this whole year, because I have 5-10 good runs/catches for every block you find.

                    Here's what Hillis himself said about his position, this is coming from his own damn words while preparing for the draft.

                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUwEQ...eature=related

                    "I have never really looked at myself as a FULLBACK"
                    He goes on to say he needs to work on his blocking the most because its not where it needs to be.
                    Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Anyone get a chance to see the interview I posted above?
                      Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Bump :salute!:

                        Because we all know it's what he'll be....

                        Hillis for RB!!!!!!!!!
                        Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Soon as Training Camp starts all this foolishness can end...
                          Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            The sad thing is we are even having this discussion. Of course he should start a RB...or a least it should be his to loose this year. We all know why that might not be.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Bumping to keep the love going... he is clearly earning it like I had predicted / hoped for.


                              http://gazettebroncos.freedombloggin...r-of-camp/925/
                              Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                I 100% agree with this thread. He's shown he can get it done, it should be his to lose.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X