Why Pj Pope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Pj Pope?

Ok of all the cuts why do we cut PJ POPE? I watched him in the ATL game and he was on fire looked very hungry like he wanted the spot and in the BUFFALO game he could of ran for like 300 plus yards. So I am pluzzed as to why we would cut a RB with true heart!

Maybe his injury is more serious than we think, because he was doing a good job.
    sigpic

Comment

If you noticed, all the cuts were offensive guys. I think with the transition to a 3-4, we are trying to clear as much roster room for defensive players as we can. We may be taking the "throw it against the wall and see what sticks" approach to build good depth for a 3-4.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
      J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
      R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by NILAFIED08 View Post
        Ok of all the cuts why do we cut PJ POPE? I watched him in the ATL game and he was on fire looked very hungry like he wanted the spot and in the BUFFALO game he could of ran for like 300 plus yards. So I am pluzzed as to why we would cut a RB with true heart!
        H eplayed in two games and got hurt. Maybe were trying to get rid of guys like that. We already have a more talented Selvin Young who has been injury plagued, and Andre Hall. Why would we need Pope?
        sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
        SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

I Would Take

Originally posted by draco193 View Post
          H eplayed in two games and got hurt. Maybe were trying to get rid of guys like that. We already have a more talented Selvin Young who has been injury plagued, and Andre Hall. Why would we need Pope?
          I would take PJ Pope over Selvin any day ! as well as Hall ! But that is just my take on the rb situation I still say Hillis is and should be our starter but I would have kept PJ and cut Selvin

Comment

I believe that we should start hillis with torrain as second. have them split reps. well we have so many rbs to choose from obviously mcdaniels believes there is someone better in the group. I believe he has a master plan cant wait to see what unfolds

Comment

I didn't see that greatness in Pope,(and i'm the guy defending Young on numerous threads). Most of Pope yards were gift yards from huge holes, having said that, I cant deny he produced and showed talent, I would really like to see us have him around in the offseason, make sure that he does get a chance to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by draco193 View Post
                You're right, we really don't need Pope, but I don't see what harm keeping Alridge around through camp would do. I mean he has 4.2 speed we should be able to utilize that in some aspect of our Offense/Special Teams.
                sigpic

Check out my NFL Draft website!

Comment

Originally posted by miguelguidrybroncoboy View Post
                  I believe that we should start hillis with torrain as second. have them split reps. well we have so many rbs to choose from obviously mcdaniels believes there is someone better in the group. I believe he has a master plan cant wait to see what unfolds
                  Or maybe McDaniel's believes there is someone better in the draft or FA. Who knows...I really liked PJ Pope. Without a doubt McDaniels is going to put his stamp on this team.

Thx,
                  Joe
                  To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
                    If you noticed, all the cuts were offensive guys. I think with the transition to a 3-4, we are trying to clear as much roster room for defensive players as we can. We may be taking the "throw it against the wall and see what sticks" approach to build good depth for a 3-4.
                    Also maybe because we have Selvin, Pittman, Torain, Hillis?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
                      Also maybe because we have Selvin, Pittman, Torain, Hillis?
                      Isn't Pittman a FA?

I think we still have Hall.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                      J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                      R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

We need to get away from these weird undrafted free agent 202 pound runningbacks.

We need some serious beasts that can carry the rock and get us yards. Hillis + a solid all around back would be a very good and versatile backfield.

Comment

Originally posted by NILAFIED08 View Post
                          Shouldn't all players have "true heart" at this level? Isn't that like criteria? It's pretty sad that nowadays we praise someone who seems to really care. That should be implied.
                          Owned:
                          sigpic

Comment

PJ Pope was nothing special.......he was just the beneficiary of great blocking by the offensive line. He wouldnt run over people, juke them out of their shoes, or outrun defenders....

the offensive line really stepped up its place to help scrubs like Tatum Bell and PJ Pope so they could actually contribute in the run game...kudos to the offensive line for its run blocking.......but Pope is a scrub

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Pope may have looked good but was he really "NFL starter" good? Hopefully the fact that we cut three RBs means that were going to quit this "plug in anyone and have success" stuff.

I think this shows that McDaniels is serious about getting someone that could make our backfield respectable again.
                              LET 'ER BUCK!!!
                              Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

Working...
                              X