Why Pj Pope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
    PJ Pope was nothing special.......he was just the beneficiary of great blocking by the offensive line. He wouldnt run over people, juke them out of their shoes, or outrun defenders....

the offensive line really stepped up its place to help scrubs like Tatum Bell and PJ Pope so they could actually contribute in the run game...kudos to the offensive line for its run blocking.......but Pope is a scrub
    Agreed he played two games. :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
      Isn't Pittman a FA?

I think we still have Hall.
      yes I did forget about hall. As far as Pittman we aquired him as a FA in 08 not sure if he signed a 1 yr deal or 2yr deal. I didn't find contract info but didn't look very hard but I really don't see them releasing him he is ranked 9th overall in the league as far as RB's go. And he was put on IR prematurely this year. I think it was the Atlanta pre game Interview he said he was completely healed so IDK?

Comment

"OMG! Why did we cut (Insert Player) he did great (which means mediocre to decent at best) in that ONE game against (insert team)".

I love these "discussions".....they just go on for ever.
        sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by omahaBroncoFan View Post
          I didn't see that greatness in Pope,(and i'm the guy defending Young on numerous threads). Most of Pope yards were gift yards from huge holes, having said that, I cant deny he produced and showed talent, I would really like to see us have him around in the offseason, make sure that he does get a chance to show up.
          gift yards from huge holes.

Um........

Either that is complimenting the front line or making him seem worthless.

He never really had a "real" opportunity here and they way running backs dropped liked flies last year, it's hard to feel comfortable about our RB situation period.
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Scrubs?

PJ Pope was nothing special.......he was just the beneficiary of great blocking by the offensive line. He wouldnt run over people, juke them out of their shoes, or outrun defenders....

the offensive line really stepped up its place to help scrubs like Tatum Bell and PJ Pope so they could actually contribute in the run game...kudos to the offensive line for its run blocking.......but Pope is a scrub
            Ok then why is it that Selvin Young behind the same line looked nowhere in the same league as PJ POPE behind the same line???? Selvin Young was quoted as saying I am going to get 2000 yards......I beleive Pope might of gotten there if he was the starter from day 1.......

Comment

Originally posted by NILAFIED08 View Post
              Ok then why is it that Selvin Young behind the same line looked nowhere in the same league as PJ POPE behind the same line???? Selvin Young was quoted as saying I am going to get 2000 yards......I beleive Pope might of gotten there if he was the starter from day 1.......
              You've got to be kidding.

Did 2007 never happen?

Selvin Young has made 10x the plays that Pope has.

However, they are both scrubs so it shouldn't matter.

Comment

i Agree pope is a Scrub no questions asked but Bell is not a Scrub u wrong about him he's a quick change of pace back and i hope we keep Bell he's probably the best back we have on the team
                Proud Member of: Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #35

Comment

Originally posted by NILAFIED08 View Post
                  ummm... actually he did. Selvin Young was phenomenal at the beginning of the year.....he was breaking tackles, getting chunks of yards, and looked good considering that he was sharing with Andre Hall and Michael Pittman.

The line stepped up its play when the running backs were going down....

Pope is a scrub......accept it

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

I agree that Pope is not NFL starter material and probably never will be but I dont think that he is the one who should have been cut. He is a solid backup and IMO is more reliable than Bell, Young, or Hall. That being said I dont think it will hurt us not having him but I would have at least given him a chance to earn a spot in preseason.
                    Draft Clay Matthews Jr.

Comment

ummm... actually he did. Selvin Young was phenomenal at the beginning of the year.....he was breaking tackles, getting chunks of yards, and looked good considering that he was sharing with Andre Hall and Michael Pittman.

The line stepped up its play when the running backs were going down....

Pope is a scrub......accept it
                      And just for the record Pope had an average of 7.6 yards per carry while Youngs was only 5 yards.
                      Draft Clay Matthews Jr.

Comment

My Point Exactly!!

Originally posted by blackclouds View Post
                        And just for the record Pope had an average of 7.6 yards per carry while Youngs was only 5 yards.
                        Proof is in the stats!!

Comment

Working...
                        X