Clear All

• jim and jeff goodman fired

per NFL network.
    sig pic removed by mod staff.
    we do not allow site advertising.

And promoted the Assistant GM. Im curious why now
    sigpic

Comment

Do you guys have a link? Did a quick search and I couldnt find anything about it. Not saying youre wrong, just looking for some confirmation.
      sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
      SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

I ****ing hate Josh McDaniels.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by draco193 View Post
          Do you guys have a link? Did a quick search and I couldnt find anything about it. Not saying youre wrong, just looking for some confirmation.
          http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clu...FL&majteam=DEN

According to NFL Network's Adam Schefter, the Broncos dismissed GM Jim Goodman and his son Jeff Goodman, another personnel executive, and promoted Brian Xanders from assistant GM to general manager.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cutler7624 View Post
            http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clu...FL&majteam=DEN

According to NFL Network's Adam Schefter, the Broncos dismissed GM Jim Goodman and his son Jeff Goodman, another personnel executive, and promoted Brian Xanders from assistant GM to general manager.
            And I just got the text from the CBS

Disappointing though. I thought we had turned the draft day woes around the past few years.
            sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
            SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/12/more...m-the-broncos/

More shocking moves from the Broncos

In yet another jarring shakeup, the Denver Broncos have reshuffled their front office for the second time in less than a year.

Denver dismissed general manager Jim Goodman and his son Jeff Goodman, another Broncos personnel executive, and promoted Brian Xanders from assistant general manager to general manager, a league source said Thursday.

Last year the Broncos fired then general manager Ted Sundquist, and now they have shaken up their front office yet again to go along with the coaching shakeup.

Xanders joined the Broncos in May after spending 14 seasons with the Atlanta Falcons, where he worked as the Falcons’ director of football administration/player personnel analyst.

Xanders worked with the Falcons in a variety of capacities, including player personnel, coaching, salary cap management, information technology and business management. He was a member of Falcons’ coaching staff on their 1998 team that became the first in franchise history to earn a Super Bowl berth (XXXIII).

Comment

Interesting. I hope Xanders is good with personnel, and had a lot to do with last years draft. If the Goodmans were more responsible for it than Xanders, I question this move as I thought we did astoundingly well in the draft last year. Then again, maybe it was mostly Shanny.

Comment

This is a shocker, wonder if a new asst GM is upcoming.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                  J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                  R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

and the youth movement continues

link
                    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 02-12-2009, 03:42 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cutler7624 View Post
                      I ****ing hate Josh McDaniels.
                      I kinda doubt he had anything to do with it.. Or if he did have some input, it was far from totally being his decision.

Definitely a big surprise though, but Xanders seems like he knows his stuff pretty well.
                      The Denver Broncos, aka THE NFL'S NEXT DYNASTY

Comment

This is very shocking, and concerning. Especially after Bowlen's endorsement of Jim Goodman as the final say on personal after McD's hire. We need another outstanding draft this year to fill some glaring holes on the Defense and find a stud RB etc.

Hope this is for the best but I'm skeptical.

Comment

Too many cooks in the kitchen? Bowlen like rising young stars, I see another young mind being hired as an assistant GM in the next few days.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                          J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                          R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by NagaSadow View Post
                            I kinda doubt he had anything to do with it.. Or if he did have some input, it was far from totally being his decision.
                            Yeah, McDaniels does not have the power Shannahan had. I would expect this was a Bowlen decision. He may have consulted with Josh, but it was his call

Comment

Originally posted by NagaSadow View Post

Definitely a big surprise though, but Xanders seems like he knows his stuff pretty well.
                              I think he has a lot of say about what goes on. He doesn't have the final say in personnel decisions like Shanahan did but I think he had something to do with this firing.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X