Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos release Shaw, sign former CSU player

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...er-csu-player/

The Broncos continued to tweak their roster Thursday, releasing defensive tackle Josh Shaw and signing former Colorado offensive lineman Matt McChesney.

Shaw, who played as a reserve in the team’s defensive line rotation, suffered two injuries this past season (laceration to his calf and a groin injury) and finished with only five tackles.

The Broncos claimed him off waivers early in the season after he had been released by the Oakland Raiders. Shaw was also briefly suspended by the team for an altercation with teammate Kenny Peterson.

Several Broncos players have said since that Shaw had punched Peterson.

The Broncos, who released five players Wednesday, still have 58 players under contract for 2009.

One of the players the Broncos released Wednesday – running back Anthony Alridge – was claimed off waivers Thursday by both Minnesota and Washington and was awarded to the Redskins because they finished with a worse record this past season.

Fine with the release of Shaw, anyway since the article failed to mention any info on the new signing, I took the liberty of digging up his history on Matt McChesney:
    • -Native of Longmont, CO
    • -6'4", 307 lbs.
    • -Attended Colorado University from 2001-2004
    • -Finished career at Colorado with 123 tackles (87 solo) and team-leading 11 sacks
    • -Went undrafted in '05 Draft
    • -Signed to Rams Practice squad in 2005
    • -Cut from Rams during Training Camp, signed with NY Jets practice squad, eventually active roster
    • -Had three total tackles in three games as Jets D-lineman in 2005
    • -Made transition to OL beginning in 2006
    • -Cut from Jets in 2008
    • -Signed with Miami where he was active for one game
    • -Placed on IR in November
    • -Cut from Dolphins February 10th

Well at looks like this guy can play both ways. Perhaps we could use him as a DE in the new 3-4 as we obviously need bigger ends and he's to small to be NT. He can also play OG. I doubt he will make the team, let alone make it to camp, but, you never know he could suprise as this is probably his last chance in the NFL. Although this isn't much of news, I'll take it during the dreads that is being an NFL fan in February.:go:
    sigpic

Check out my NFL Draft website!

Comment

we lost out on AA

made by showoff

Comment

Originally posted by DaChAmPiShErE24 View Post
        Fine with the release of Shaw, anyway since the article failed to mention any info on the new signing, I took the liberty of digging up his history on Matt McChesney:
        • -Native of Longmont, CO
        • -6'4", 307 lbs.
        • -Attended Colorado University from 2001-2004
        • -Finished career at Colorado with 123 tackles (87 solo) and team-leading 11 sacks
        • -Went undrafted in '05 Draft
        • -Signed to Rams Practice squad in 2005
        • -Cut from Rams during Training Camp, signed with NY Jets practice squad, eventually active roster
        • -Had three total tackles in three games as Jets D-lineman in 2005
        • -Made transition to OL beginning in 2006
        • -Cut from Jets in 2008
        • -Signed with Miami where he was active for one game
        • -Placed on IR in November
        • -Cut from Dolphins February 10th

Well at looks like this guy can play both ways. Perhaps we could use him as a DE in the new 3-4 as we obviously need bigger ends and he's to small to be NT. He can also play OG. I doubt he will make the team, let alone make it to camp, but, you never know he could suprise as this is probably his last chance in the NFL. Although this isn't much of news, I'll take it during the dreads that is being an NFL fan in February.:go:
        Very interesting. Curious to see where they want him to line up.

Haha exactly, we're hungry for any news at this point.

Comment

It makes zero sense to me, its not like we have to have a strict 53 man roster right now, let him get some time in camp maybe we could have really used him.
          sigpic

Check out my NFL Draft website!

Comment

Originally posted by DaChAmPiShErE24 View Post
            It makes zero sense to me, its not like we have to have a strict 53 man roster right now, let him get some time in camp maybe we could have really used him.
            I agree. It doesn't seem like there would be a lot of tape on him to warrant a future/reserve contract to make sure he's on the roster for camp. Seems like there would be a better prospect/proven player out there that would have made more sense. Don't even know where he would contribute.

Comment

I'm not surprised that Alridge already found a new home. We might face him this year, will be interesting.
              sigpic

Comment

He attended CU (University of Colorado) not CSewe...

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                  I'm not surprised that Alridge already found a new home. We might face him this year, will be interesting.
                  even though it wont be for us, i really want to see him get some action this year.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X