Pat Best Owner In League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat Best Owner In League

Just wanted to start a positive thread for a change. I'm 100% behind Pat being the owner of the Broncos. I'm happy the best football team in the NFL resides in the city of DENVER (not L.A. or anywhere else).

Every time I drive down I-25 I'm glad to see a giant Broncos emblem. I'm happy to see Orange sunset and Raider hater bumper stickers.

I love the Broncos, I support the Broncos, And I don't want to see them anywhere except from my back yard.

:cutler::go:

Stop making sense.

You're going to ruin the parades of the ignorant and idiot's who want him gone.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
      Stop making sense.

You're going to ruin the parades of the ignorant and idiot's who want him gone.
      Sorry I won't think before I post next time. I'm sorry, so irresponsible of me.

Comment

Bowlen has certainly proven himself as an owner committed to winning. He runs a class organization and is willing to do what is necessary.

In terms of his eye for talent running his organization ... that can certainly be questioned. He has hired a total of 3 coaches. 1 was a complete failure (Wade); 1 was a quality hire (Mike); 1 is unknown (Josh).

The Broncos have never been 'great' at drafting - perhaps because they have rarely had a true GM - which is by Bowlen's choice. Reeves called the shots at one time with mixed results. Bob Ferguson was one of the rare GMs to have personnel responsibility (for Wade Phillips). He had mixed success. Shanahan had mixed results. Bowlen supposedly was behind the Sundquist hiring to the GM 'in title only' position. Now we will sit and wait to evaluate how Josh McDaniels and Brian Xanders handle things.

So, in terms of his willings to do what it takes ... yes, he is a great owner. In terms of football decisions ... no, he has not made the best decisions over the years as an owner.
        Last edited by neutessa; 02-13-2009, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Pat Bowlen is arguably the best owner in sports. He is willing to take chances, he spends the $$$ and really cares about the franchise and winning. I was glad to see him make some moves. Only time will tell, but he is a great owner and I wouldn't want anyone else owning this team.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
            Pat Bowlen is arguably the best owner in sports. He is willing to take chances, he spends the $$$ and really cares about the franchise and winning. I was glad to see him make some moves. Only time will tell, but he is a great owner and I wouldn't want anyone else owning this team.
            He WAS a great owner. We need to see if he will be in the future. I'm a little concerned he's had a change of heart.

Twice since firing Shanny he's said he want more control. Not good.

He quit spending money last year. The Broncos were 25th in the NFL against the cap.

He's gone for a "budget" HC and GM.

Let's hope it's the same old Bowlen...

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

He quit spending money last year. The Broncos were 25th in the NFL against the cap.

Geez, I wonder why. Actually, I don't. It couldn't be any more obvious why he's strapped the organization. And that was the best thing that could have happened for Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                He WAS a great owner. We need to see if he will be in the future. I'm a little concerned he's had a change of heart.

Twice since firing Shanny he's said he want more control. Not good.

I think it is a good thing he's taking a little more responsibility. He gave way too much control to one guy for too long. I don't see him meddling in football operations ala Al Davis and Jerry Jones.

As far as spending, his overall trend has always been doing what it takes to win. It looks like he's thinning the herd in the front office, but he always gave Shanny too much leeway when it came to spending big $ on suspect players - Henry comes to mind recently, but there is a long list.

I think he is taking the responsibility he should be taking as an owner. We will have to wait and see if it actually pans out, though.
                sigpic

Comment

People are just peeved that we didn't go out and spend $50 million bringing in Bill Parcels or Scott Pioli.

Get over it.

Comment

Thank you Mr. Bowlen, you are a great businessman. A very smart man and one who will always have the Broncos best interest in mind
                    The Broncos are one of the most prestigious and most respected franchises in all sports, and it starts with the owner for more than 25 years. The last ten years this franchise has been heading or bordering mediocricy, and are tough decisions like he's made that can steer a ship back onto course

Thank you Mr. Bowlen for bringing credibilty to Denver as a sport town and doing the best you can to put a good product on the field year in, year out
                    :go::salute!:
                    sigpic
                    I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
                      Thank you Mr. Bowlen, you are a great businessman. A very smart man and one who will always have the Broncos best interest in mind
                      The Broncos are one of the most prestigious and most respected franchises in all sports, and it starts with the owner for more than 25 years. The last ten years this franchise has been heading or bordering mediocricy, and are tough decisions like he's made that can steer a ship back onto course

Thank you Mr. Bowlen for bringing credibilty to Denver as a sport town and doing the best you can to put a good product on the field year in, year out
                      :go::salute!:
                      so you support bowlen in all the moves he makes, yet dont support a single player on this team? odd.
                      sig pic removed by mod staff.
                      we do not allow site advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by tsiguy96 View Post
                        so you support bowlen in all the moves he makes, yet dont support a single player on this team? odd.
                        Who said that?
                        Did I say that? Or you're just saying?
                        Enlighten me here pal...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
                          Who said that?
                          Did I say that? Or you're just saying?
                          Enlighten me here pal...
                          look at what you post. jay cutler sucks, brandon marshall sucks, peyton hillis sucks at RB. you keep spouting all this off, but anyone who watched the games this year would know its 100% BS.
                          sig pic removed by mod staff.
                          we do not allow site advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by Odendahl View Post
                            Just wanted to start a positive thread for a change. I'm 100% behind Pat being the owner of the Broncos. I'm happy the best football team in the NFL resides in the city of DENVER (not L.A. or anywhere else).

Every time I drive down I-25 I'm glad to see a giant Broncos emblem. I'm happy to see Orange sunset and Raider hater bumper stickers.

I love the Broncos, I support the Broncos, And I don't want to see them anywhere except from my back yard.

:cutler::go:
                            AMEN! as long as that mans alive the broncos will allways be in denver! cant say that about alot of other teams, he has allways managed to keep this small market team competitive and continues to show his commitment to the fans and the city!

Comment

Originally posted by tsiguy96 View Post
                              look at what you post. jay cutler sucks, brandon marshall sucks, peyton hillis sucks at RB. you keep spouting all this off, but anyone who watched the games this year would know its 100% BS.
                              Brandon Marshall is overrated, Jay Cutler has a lot of potential, needs to work on some issues...
                              Peyton Hillis is a stud, best suited as a FB.
                              That's all I have been saying
                              That's a little different than what you're saying, ain't it?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X