Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Due to demand. Who do you think was the greatest QB ever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Due to demand. Who do you think was the greatest QB ever.

Well because all the posts to my last message wanted different qb's to comp, are i decided to give them what they wanted.
    Elway
    67.74%
    Montana
    19.35%
    Bradshaw
    0.00%
    Staubach
    0.00%
    Favre
    0.00%
    Marino
    0.00%
    Other
    12.90%
    Unitas
    0.00%
    Graham
    0.00%
    Please God don't let the Pats win the Superbowl!! AGAIN

Your views

I'm really tired right now and couldn't be bothered to think of others. I literally posted those mentioned in replys to my last post. If theres another one i've missed just let me know.
    Please God don't let the Pats win the Superbowl!! AGAIN

Comment

Unitas?
      ...And [sic 'he'] is given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth....

Comment

Elway by far are you kidding me??

Comment

"Greatest" is such a subjective term.

Greatest numbers?

Most Superbowls?

Most Pro Bowls?

Then you have to look at the era they played in, their supporting casts.

Did they elevate the players around them?

So much to think about....

Gotta be ELWAY!
          Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Unitas should definitely be added to that bunch.

Comment

I added Unitas.

I was wondering if anyone would like me to add anyone else. Its always a fun discussion.

There is always "other"

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
              You should check these guys out

Comment

Otto Graham!!!!

Lead his team to 10 Championship games in ten years and won 7 of them! Nobody comes close to that!

How can Otto be missing from the list?
                Last edited by Aardwolf; 12-03-2003, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aardwolf
                  Otto Graham!!!!

Lead his team to 10 Championship games in ten years and won 7 of them! Nobody comes close to that!

How can Otto be missing from the list?
                  I think the assumption is that the players of the modern era are better than the predecessors. But that's what makes it hard to compare different eras ... Just think what the average pro now could do against competition from the 40s, 50s & 60s from a size, strength & speed standpoint.

Having said that ... I'd be shocked if anyone but Elway wins the poll in here.
                  Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Originally posted by ReasonableChief
                    I think the assumption is that the players of the modern era are better than the predecessors. But that's what makes it hard to compare different eras ... Just think what the average pro now could do against competition from the 40s, 50s & 60s from a size, strength & speed standpoint.

Having said that ... I'd be shocked if anyone but Elway wins the poll in here.
                    Of course Elway will win. All the homers will vote for him.

I am always amazed at the "size, strength and speed" arguement regarding players from the past. How is it that the greatest football players of the era would be the ONLY athletes who would NOT be bigger, stronger and faster if they were playing age today? Makes NO sense!

Comment

I am always amazed at the "size, strength and speed" arguement regarding players from the past. How is it that the greatest football players of the era would be the ONLY athletes who would NOT be bigger, stronger and faster if they were playing age today? Makes NO sense!
                      Let me clarify ... if you plunked a player of today down in the 1940s or 50s with the modern day training regimen (nutrition, fitness & a year-round commitment to football) they would be better athletes than the athletes of the past (who often did little training and had to have second jobs to survive)
                      Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Added Graham as well.

Was tempted to add Jim Kelly, just on stats, but my gut is that he is just a notch below. But that is what "other" is for.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                        You should check these guys out

Comment

What do you expect??? Last time I checked this was a Bronco Message Board and most of us are die hard fans. Why would we not vote for the man who gave us many great times and led us to two championships and is a sure shoe in to the HOF. That does not make us "homers" that makes us loyal. A word you would have no idea about because it is not part of your vocabulary.
                          Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
                            What do you expect??? Last time I checked this was a Bronco Message Board and most of us are die hard fans. Why would we not vote for the man who gave us many great times and led us to two championships and is a sure shoe in to the HOF. That does not make us "homers" that makes us loyal. A word you would have no idea about because it is not part of your vocabulary.
                            I didn't say that voting for Elway made you a "homer". It's the other way around. You vote for Elway BECAUSE you are a homer. If you were OBJECTIVE and totally honest you would pick Joe Montana or Otto Graham or maybe even Bart Starr or Terry Bradshaw. Guys that won it all 4 or more times, twice as many times as Elway or more.

The objective of a quarterback is to lead his team to the Championship. Lots of guy have done a better job of that than Elway.

I am LOYAL to being truthful!
                            Last edited by Aardwolf; 12-03-2003, 11:14 PM.

Comment

I am LOYAL to the truth!
                              Are you kidding, YOU DON"T KNOW THE TRUTH. The truth is not always the "truth according to Aardwolf".

You make me laugh.
                              Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Working...
                              X