don't assume that KC's offense...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don't assume that KC's offense...

is going downhill with all the injuries to our WR's.

in the past, you BRONCOS fans have always said the Chiefs WR's are weak and not very good...while some of that may be true, then how come now the KC offense will struggle???

doens't make sense.

Let me remind you that KC had 6, that's 6 PRO-BOWLERS on offense last year, not including DANTE HALL.

It's not going to struggle, we don't even need our WR's and if you remember, we still have Tony Gonzalez, the best TE in football.

can't wait for 9/12 guys, going to be a great way to start the year!

before injuries, you had mediocre WR's. When they get injured, what are you left with? Less-than-mediocre WR's and more passes to TG and Priest = more predictable.

Before, at least there were options to WR's who could, for the most part, catch the ball. Now you don't even have THOSE guys. Instead you have a hobbled Morton and unproven rookies. Sorry, but it seems to me that these are decent grounds to base the argument that KC won't have as good of an offense this year.

Comment

"before injuries, you had mediocre WR's. When they get injured, what are you left with? Less-than-mediocre WR's and more passes to TG and Priest = more predictable. "

Really? tell that to the NFL the past 2 years as we led the league in scoring. You're forgetting the Chiefs have the best OL in football, the best FB in football, and Trent Green at QB. Plus, we've added a new wrinkle with Kris Wilson, another pass-catching TE.

"Before, at least there were options to WR's who could, for the most part, catch the ball. Now you don't even have THOSE guys. Instead you have a hobbled Morton and unproven rookies. Sorry, but it seems to me that these are decent grounds to base the argument that KC won't have as good of an offense this year. "

Then you know nothing of your fiercest enemy. Not smart. Our WR's did nothing for our offense last year, or even in 2002. KC scores points running the ball and stretching the defense with speed. Morton has done absolutely nothing in KC the past two years. He's caught maybe 75 balls in 2 years, he had 77 catches with DET in 01.

I promise against the BRONC-HOS, the CHIEFS will use 3 TE sets and go no more than 2 Wide most of the game.

Comment

All I'm goin to assume is that the Chefs D is goin to stink again so U better hope the Offense can score 30+ a game or its goin to be a long season.

Comment

Listen to what you're saying. You think that if you have NO WR's you can just run over everyone and pass to 2 TE's? Come on, you NEED WR's to keep the defense honest. Otherwise they'll blitz EVERY time.

"Our WR's did nothing for our offense last year, or even in 2002"

That's the grossest underestimation i've ever seen. Without your WR's, Priest wouldn't have got his yards. You stretch the defense with deep passes to your wideouts, not with speed alone. You can be speedy but have butter-fingers and that doesn't get you anywhere.

2003 Morton, Johnnie 73 catches, 1137 yards ---- Yeah, that's "absolutely nothing"

Comment

Originally posted by DrewB
            All I'm goin to assume is that the Chefs D is goin to stink again so U better hope the Offense can score 30+ a game or its goin to be a long season.
            umm, no all we need is a top 15 defense and we'll be better than 13-3.

you better hope DEN defense can hold their opponents under 20 points or it's going to be a long season for you.

Comment

Yeah, K.C is thin on wr's, that will hurt them somewhat as the season rolls along, no superbowl with a bad defence and wr problems.
              "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KC03

you better hope DEN defense can hold their opponents under 20 points or it's going to be a long season for you.
                Pahlease. A homer statement if I ever saw one. Even if they have a top 15 defense they will not finish 13-3. You're nuts.
                Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

"2003 Morton, Johnnie 73 catches, 1137 yards ---- Yeah, that's "absolutely nothing"

angh!!! wrong answer buddy!!!

try 50 catches, 740 yards, and only 4 TD for Morten in 2003.

nice try.

you're wrong, the Chiefs havn't had to use their WR's in 2 years, leading the league in scoring.

Morton had those numbers in Detroit in 2001.
                  he hasn't done that in 2 years with KC and we've been fine.

Comment

Originally posted by luvdembroncs
                    Pahlease. A homer statement if I ever saw one. Even if they have a top 15 defense they will not finish 13-3. You're nuts.
                    I agree, i'd like to see 13 wins with KC's schedule. seriously, where are those 13 wins coming from? who is KC gonna beat?

Comment

Originally posted by luvdembroncs
                      OH REALLY???
                      then how did they go 13-3 last year with a defense ranked #29??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by motarque
                        I agree, i'd like to see 13 wins with KC's schedule. seriously, where are those 13 wins coming from? who is KC gonna beat?
                        who are they going to lose to???

Comment

LMAO, Let me in on what U have seen that is going to make the Chefs a top 15 D.

Comment

"2003 Morton, Johnnie 73 catches, 1137 yards ---- Yeah, that's "absolutely nothing"

angh!!! wrong answer buddy!!!

try 50 catches, 740 yards, and only 4 TD for Morten in 2003.

nice try.

you're wrong, the Chiefs havn't had to use their WR's in 2 years, leading the league in scoring.

Morton had those numbers in Detroit in 2001.
                            he hasn't done that in 2 years with KC and we've been fine.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewB
                              LMAO, Let me in on what U have seen that is going to make the Chefs a top 15 D.
                              let's see

1) Our CB's don't start the play 10 yards off the WR's on offense.
                              2) even though it's only pre-season, the d-line has been tremendous in pass rush
                              3) We fired Greg Robinson
                              4) More aggressive

Comment

Working...
                              X